#PullTheRipcord

I see the argument that this system means that not everyone is going to play the same, but that’s the thing. This system enforces everyone playing the same. When there’s a punishment for switching, most people are going to just check what the best overall covenant for their class is and join that, and be afraid of changing because there’s a punishment to swap.

With this system closed, I’m a necrolord monk. I hate necrolord aesthetically. The leather set is terrible. But every mistweaver you see will be a necrolord, because its the only covenant that feels fun to play with.

With this system open, I’m a nightfae monk. And I look different and have a different gameplay loop with my mini game and covenant progress than that other mistweaver over there. And I still get to have the ability that pulls decent numbers, instead of actively hurting myself by playing with an inferior build. And if I decide I want to try the venthyr ability for 2 days then go back to the necrolord one, I still can.

This already exists in BFA with essences and Azerite. I can choose to bring Lucid Dreams, and the other Mistweaver in raid can bring Ever Rising Tide. But if I decide I want to try Ever Rising Tide, I can. And then go back to Lucid Dreams. This system works just fine. So why do we need this choice taken away?

#pulltheripcord

4 Likes

Not sure how many times I can explain how the system isn’t going to impact me at all.

I do content strictly with guildmates and I’ve got 3 shamans geared and ready to work around a poor system.

So you admit you’re a troll and really have nothing substantial to add to the thread

All Timbae has is mocking and bullying. No real substance behind this cause. And that’s why the covenants should go in as they are.

4 Likes

That’s your choice to waste your time doing something so asenine for not even a huge gain.

1 Like

This is Timbae’s tenth thread about this. There’s nothing serious to discuss. Covenants are coming out at launch and there’s nothing he can do about it.

1 Like

Ah yes, the angsty teenager covenant really fits with the theme of Monk. Really story driven.

2 Likes

With the system open: ‘Hey monks suck. Sit on this nice bench.’

What a change of events.

I really hope Ion and the devs stay steadfast in their convictions about the Covenant system.

In fact I would even go further and say no swap - but that’s just me. I like the idea of permanence in the game.

Otherwise, heck lets just have free class swapping. I don’t want to be a shadow priest this pull, I want to be a destro warlock.

5 Likes

If this system really goes thru the way it is and they keep the link between aesthetic’s choices and player power, I hope that you will all back me on my new personal crusade to get dps bonus’s for full transmog sets.

Because Blizzard set that president and we should honor it.

2 Likes

If by troll you mean the greatest thread that has ever existed in Azeroth, yes.
As are trolls the greatest race in Azeroth.

1 Like

Most likely it will come as is but you still don’t stop fighting for a change you think is right.

“I want Shadowlands to fail.”

3 Likes

Yea, but then everyone gets to experience the game as intended, instead of some forum dictators demanding the game be changed.

2 Likes

Zhanli is like Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy but actually says the opposite of what I’m feeling.

Oooooooooooof

1 Like

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooof

Let me just morph into a demon hunter every time someone tries to jump me in warmode.

1 Like

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

I’m gonna let you in on a little secret.

Just because Ion intends for the system to function this way, doesn’t make it a good system.

4 Likes