#PullTheRipcord

You don’t get it we drink each time we say #pulltheripcord
Please respect the rules of the game xd

1 Like

IMO the largest issue of Blizzard is that they have developed a culture of punishment for fun. The game use to basically be just fun. Now if you want something to change you must be punished for that change to happen. We must take X away from you if you want Y. They have become a stale company that looks at statics to determine what is fun like a robot might do and then decides how to progress from there. It’s only when they lose 10’s of thousands of subs that they start to consider they might not be right.

I will commend Blizzard on many of the changes they have made, but the culture of punishment is one that has hardly been touched.

1 Like

Bang on point

It’s like Overwatch if you were unable to swap heroes mid game

Opening the system would allow you to swap heroes, you still wouldn’t do it because Overwatch has a meta but the choice is there.

Which has more player agency?

Sure it does, it brings us right back to where we are now in BFA - where everyone is the same and no one gets to be different.

People who want to excel actually should have to go through more content - woah what a concept.

2 Likes

So no choice is better than the illusion of choice?

Like how we have it in BFA currently.

That’s only going to happen if Blizzard fails to balance the system to a point where only one setup would be viable to begin with.

So even granting this premise, it saves a lot of people a headache. In reality, this would encourage experimentation.

The new team believes in harsh opportunity costs. It works in diablo because the game is formatted differently. Corruption is a good example of this type of design being thrown into WoW.

We already have opportunity costs in WoW that we must make. Class selection, race selection, and then picking specs. We used to have a glyph system, more robust enchants and gem slots of known quantity in all gear along with tier set bonuses.

Stripping away most of that player agency and then trying to sell pseudo sub class rentals like covenants doesn’t work when you attach harsh opportunity costs.

:+1:

1 Like

God that sounds so bland. Its perfect. Give my Rogue a Bow at let me learn Hunter abilities while I level up the weapon proficiency. Who needs things like strengths and weaknesses?

I mean rogues had bows before. The only reason those restrictions are in place because it would be a hell to design, not because it wouldn’t make sense btw.

Same premise.

Why stop at Covenants? Just re-instate all the item slots from before Cata and call it a day.

Good ol fash Strawman back it again.

Point to me where the lie is.

What happens if I choose based on what’s the best class ability and 2 bars before I hit max Blizzard nerfs it to the ground and raises up the one that design wise I wanted to choose from the start?

I will tell you what happens…everyone in the world will hear one giant profanity coming from the area of NY…and for once it won’t be a cab driver.

1 Like

Yes, so you’re complaining about grinding in SL, even though you grinded in BFA and you’ve achieved all you stated a few posts ago? Okay?

Arbitrary choices in a fantasy game should not be so weighted that anyone in the game can say for certain that those choices were not the best for the group or raid. And guess who wins in that scenario? You do! Because then your leader or whoever doesn’t get to tell you swap Covenants constantly and you get to skip all that grinding! Holy cow!

Oh yea bring that relic slot back baby.
Also lock faction back, no alliance in my faction.
remove race changes from the store.
remove boost from the store.
Reinstate needing wood and flint to start a cooking fire.
Add back separated auction houses with factions.
I’m ready for it. Bring it all.

Why settle for some zoomers #PullTheDerpCord when you can #NoChangeClassic?

1 Like

Many throw out a few more strawmans and you’ll really drive home your point.

Gotta hand it to you, you’re really picking up the slack Yesuna left by keeping the thread at the top of the forums. Thank you, Sonechka.

Still looking for that lie.

1 Like

I’m so ready for tbc release btw. No jokes.

Do you know what a strawman is? This thread is about pulling the ripcord on covenants.

You keep trying to turn the conversation away with the whole then you should just allow class swapping then!

Nobody once has mentioned wanting to swap class to FOTM. We want to be the best version of our spec.