#PullTheRipcord

It’s hard to find info on it, but as far as I’ve been told our mastery scales 3x as hard, so for example the original 15% increase to mastery Weapons of Order gave monks was a 45% increase for MW specifically.

On live right now I’m sitting at 59% mastery. I haven’t checked on the ptr (no beta) since they talked about DR on secondaries, but when I originally copied my live character over I ended up with 107% mastery.

I’m just worried that we’re losing the single target boost our mastery is designed to give us if the DR affects our passive increase. I’m not super educated on the numbers, but I know that passive increases exist for certain specs.

I think this is a result of them seeing how people would stack certain secondaries while ignoring ilevels.

But to be honest enchants from what I have seen in the upcoming expansion aren’t going to be enough as some specs need high amounts of mastery, haste or crit to just function. So the fact they are putting a soft cap so low is baffling.

At 25% that is very low for many specs and it starts to penalize them heavily.

2 Likes

Maybe people would care about Ilvl if mainstat wasn’t nerfed into oblivion two expansions ago and further devalued by titanforging.

:clown_face:

2 Likes

Yup.

I remember WotLk and Cata. And to an extent MoP where main stat was very important. For Rogues in WotLK it was either Agility gems or Attack Power Gems but really based on preferences.

:100: :clap:

1 Like

If it’s just %, i.e. 15% Mastery for WW = 45% for MW, it’ll be fine.

Only actual rating matters. So theoretically you could have a spec hit 100% with their Mastery before they started to hit DR, but one spec would start hitting DR at 20%.

How the system actually works for all stats is that it looks at rating.

So you’ll start to diminish at 1000 rating* for all the stats, regardless of what % of the stat it gives you. It’s just much easier to discuss it in the context of % for non-Mastery stats.

Also anything that gives a flat %, like Bloodlust, or a proc that gives you 20% Crit (NOT enough rating for 20%, but actually 20%) will be completely unaffected by these changes.

*Note: These numbers are all made up off the top of my head as an example, they’re not the actual levels that stuff DR’s at.

I see, I didn’t think about it that way. That’s reassuring. I do only have like…900 rating. When I read the article it was talking about % based DR, so that’s what I was basing my thinking off of.

Yeah, at 900 it’ll be completely unaffected. I’m at like 2600ish Haste rating (which works out to like 37%) before Corruptions, so theoretically I’d lose like 1.5% Haste.

But that’s kinda what I’m talking about. 2600 Haste is a meaningless number if I don’t slap a % next to it, so it’s easier to discuss it in the context of %, even though technically only rating matters.

1 Like

Well thank you for explaining it more clearly, it helped a lot more than the wowhead article.

Also just a friendly daily reminder to the entire thread to #pulltheripcord.

1 Like

Hey team, any new holdouts that need gentle persuasion?

Tons of people just say #pulltheripcord, you don’t need to say more. But funny thing, the top poster you linked was/is agaisn’t #pullthericpord? It’s often because there’s a discussion that many posters ended up having a lot of posts. But you keep thinking it that way when there’s a near 4k likes post on the beta like I’ve shown your earlier about covenants problems.

1 Like

Now that we have a release date and I’m sure pre-patch won’t be too far off, is it still “#pulltheripcord” or more like “#shipthegame” since it’s on it’s way?

Some times I wonder if they make things so bad so people will want to eventually quit so they can move on to World of Mobilecraft : You Have Phones Don’t You

If they can’t fix covenants before launch they should definitly #pulltheripcord.
Also they said they had the option ready already.
So they can ship the game no matter.

1 Like

I guess what I was getting at was that I do not think the #pulltheripcord will happen. The game has it’s date, it will ship with the way things are because it’s a feature the Developers seem to feel very passionate about.

I guess the backup plan will be implemented sometime in a later patch.

1 Like

I don’t think actually pulling the ripcord is all that complicated from a development PoV.

Now changing the system so it works cleanly (i.e. converting the Covenant abilities to Talents), that’s definitely not going to happen before launch.

But removing the quest chain to switch Covenants, while also removing the punishment for switching Covenants is all that’s gotta happen for the ripcord to be pulled.

And considering that the punishment for switching back to Covenants still isn’t even on the beta, that’s a reason to be hopeful that it never makes it to there.

But hey, I could be completely wrong. I dunno how to code and I certainly dunno how Blizzards internal development cycle works.

1 Like

yeah, true maybe things will change. Kind of like when you tell someone look man that’s a bad idea don’t do it and they still do it because they are just that stubborn. Only to then say “yeah, you were right it was bad”.

I can see that playing out with this feature. Like well, it wasn’t as we planned it sorry it was like this until patch 9.3.

It is win/win.

Ripcord is pulled or a new champion dev team. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Anything can change until release. And I’m pretty sure there’s divisions internally. But yes it’s not too unrealistic to say if it doesn’t happen before release that there is a lot of chance of it happening furhter down the road.

If your gonna dream, might as well dream big eh. Lol.

1 Like

Kinda wish Blizzard would learn not to stick metal objects in a power socket the first few times.

Would save us a lot of metaphorical hospital trips.

1 Like