Pugging is a straight up nightmare - We need a MOBA style MMR system

“MOBA style MMR system”. You mean where the game matches together people of equal ability and uses a system to put together groups? Doesn’t that go against the move toward increasingly more player-formed groups?

These are conflating statements. You can buy 2400 pvp rating but as soon as you go into pvp that rating will go down. If you happen to get matched with that player that bought rating, yeah your rating will go down for the one game, but in the end you have the skill to maintain it at the same level and win it back.

As it stands now with M+ theres no actual fluctuating skill indicator. Someone gets 2k and the person will stay at 2k regardless of how many keys timed or failed.

It does make more sense for M+ though.

also in moba’s you’re playing against other people, not a timer.

Oh, trust me. I’m not disagreeing with that. However, it does beg the question of why.

Look at Nathria for example. On normal, the place dropped 200-207 gear, yet it wasn’t uncommon to see someone that was 210+ wanting to join my guild’s normal raids when we needed to fill a slot or two, then completely balking at our item levels in the 190-197 range and saying we were too low to be doing normal.

Does that make any kind of sense to you? Why are people like that wanting to run normal? Why are they not in Heroic/Mythic Nathria?

In short: I think the average human is a lazy SOB that wants a free ride.

4 Likes

Yes… lets add an internal number to a number that already has an external number that apparently determines player skill and experience. What a great way to alienate more of the player base

I can see it now in LFG…

“Normal CN - 3200 MMR required”

again that’s just a social thing. dude was a weirdo. I would join lower raids and just hang out and do dmg. i still do this to this day. no amount of systems will stop people from doing that.

I’ve been in a lot of pugs this season ending in broken keys because there is one dps doing something like 4k dps. But, then again it’s usually their key.

1 Like

as much as I want to get mad at those dudes who do that, i understand why people do it lol

I think the Raiderio score needs an upgrade. It is extremely easy for dps to get high scores by making their own keys and looking for carries

Like I legit made a +2 and +5 keys for my new hunter and barely did any damage. Idk how people can make a key, be the lowest dps, and not be embarrassed. I bounced so quick and statyed grinding for my tier set

i just don’t really have expectations in low key pugs. I just assume that I’m going to be doing the most damage and interrupts, stuns, etc. not trying to like say im the best player because i’m not, but pugs are really that painful sometimes.

why am i somehow doing more interrupts than the melee dps, and how the heck are they below the tank in overall damage

1 Like

While at the highest level players should be able to construct their own groups, the idea that (as in PvP) players who are just starting out should get reamed by higher ranked groups that have tanked their rating to sell carries should not even be a possibility.

2 Likes

Most of the problem this season comes from the fact that gear and valor werent capped the opening weaks. So people doing 20s would spam 15s (no matter who had em) for max gear and people doing 15s would do below 10s to quickly farm valor. Its easy to get a carry and it makes me glad blizz had those caps implemented in prior seasons.

1 Like

A queued MMR system would be a good idea, but that takes the “choice” out of LFG, which means less people being picky about who they take into a group.

I did the ‘pull the whole room and deal with’ and got some people very angry, but that’s just bear tanks doing bear things.

I would if I could.

I couldn’t agree more.

M+ attracts the wrong people to the game and should go away, taking them with it.

Maybe there will be enough of them to revitalize Wildstar and they can be happy.

6 Likes

You do know there is now an internal number that already dictates play? In fact there are 2 internal numbers and both of them mean nothing.

You can buy runs, you get gear, iLVL and an M+ rating (in built in the game) and all that means nothing because you brought the run, who is to tell any different if you earned that score? Even if you didn’t pay, you can list you own keys and work your way to the top anyway, just pug in the right players and Bobs your uncle.

That’s the entire point of wanting another score that actually shows what a player is worth instead of what content they have completed, because simply completing content does not mean you are any good.

That’s the point, pug for your own key and get carried for free, can still get an end result and it cost you nothing and that’s what I want to change, how do you find out these people before joining a key and wasting your time?

Remove one of the more popular modes of play that folks enjoy immensely … or remove the guy that says “Remove it because I personally don’t like it” … easy choice
Thankfully for you, removing players just because they have really, really dumb ideas isn’t a thing that folks do

First of all, this mentality already existed in raids and its been a running joke about folks who want to ‘win’ on dps, heck go and read Darklegacy’s comic where Keydar replaces his damage meters with a threat meter and he starts going ‘I’m winning on threat’
Secondly, the ‘rudest and most incompetent players’ is usually the folks like Krutz, who are so hell-bent on refusing to let people have fun or to take in advice from others, i.e. if someone who doesn’t run M+ wants to join a group it is extremely common for folks to go around calling folks “elitists” or “toxic” for merely wanting to run a normal mythic+ without having to teach other players, just as much if someone do try to help, the elitist remarks usually stick around because one now instead is telling folks what one did wrong - you are allowed to want to do things normally and not act as a teacher if you just want to play, and at the same time if you want help you have to be able to accept that you’ll have to learn and not immediately be good at it which means facing criticism

But instead, folks like Krutz promote the idea of “REMOVE IT!” rather than there’s some folks who are douchebags who run M+ no question about it, but it ain’t a majority, and then there’s plenty of people who doesn’t want to learn and instead sit and complain instead (see most folks on GD as an example of this mentality)
Which in turn tend to make these folks who berate others non-stop leave WoW and act as refugees to other games … only their personalities doesn’t improve, which makes is so only the toxic folks who shouldn’t be playing MMOs to begin with are the ones leaving WoW, generally speaking

So finally, there’s multiple ways to enjoy a game like WoW
Just because Krutz or you don’t like M+ doesn’t mean that it needs to be removed from the game, and one should definitely learn what type of players actually leave the game and why they are perceived the way they are

5 Likes

People don’t enjoy the mode. They enjoy the FastTrack to high ilevel loot. It’s the single most efficient way to get the best gear and people love efficiency.

Remove gear from the equation and watch the toxic elitists run the mode into the ground because no one else will run it.

5 Likes

They need to never again uncap valor or conquest this early, or at all, but instead add an option for players to just play the game, get currency from anywhere in any form of content and gear up to max iLVL, just give more currency for higher forms of content so players who want to spam M+ or run mythic raiding or rated PVP can do so at their hearts content.

But at the same time allow players who want to run lower keys, normal raids, non rated PVP or god forbid, world content to also get currency and by the end of a season still have a competitive iLVL.

Almost no one outside of the elitist players cares what your iLVL is, if you get KSM in week 1 than good for you, your achievements will show that for the rest of time, what does it matter if that solo player after playing world content for 4 months now all of a sudden has the same iLVL as you?

1 Like

Exactly this.

Elitists will scream day and night that you don’t deserve good loot.

Like seriously? Why would you even care what my alt is wearing? They’re not taking your raid spot.