Pugging is a straight up nightmare - We need a MOBA style MMR system

Yeah, sometimes you just find yourself in a scuffed run and it’s better to leave.

at way higher key levels you get used to not timing keys, so leaving a key when it’s chalked and just go next is generally what people do who just want score. no emotionally charged words, nothing. just ight guys its chalked go next

1 Like

They tried that with torghast and had nothing but ourtage players couldnt complete it.

We have addons now that track the entire combat log + you can upload logs further and analyze.

Leave m+ as it is - the issue with only score is you can buy it. If score was based on other things you would still have players that bought it.

How do I downvote this?

I play the game for fun and stress relief…not to have a friggin’ heart attack.

11 Likes

The chances you’ll run into someone who spent millions and millions of gold on a KSH carry is so incredibly low. This in it’s self is why I don’t really like the “but you can buy it” argument

on my server a +15 ONLY is 200k if timed. if someone wants to buy 20s, in every single slot for KSH it would literally cost an unreasonable amount of money.

Yes but if we made an MMR system against your runs than those players who paid for a score would have a low MMR and when they try to get an invite they would stand out as bad. This would minimise the issues with the whole “Is this player actually good? Or where they carried?”

Adding an mmr to things like me spamming 30 wshop keys at every level will only mess with that data though.

This would actually be a great idea for M+. Random grouping. Doesnt take your class into account, just your spec/role (melee, ranged, heal, tank). Of course youd still have the io as well to track dungeons completed but the solo ranking would be a better indicator of exactly how well you adapt (which is really what M+ is about). Tanks with poor routes get exposed. Dps that dont interrupt and stun get exposed. Good healers get exposed.

I think that leavers should be punished withing reason. Over the years I’ve had so many keys bricked by some donkey punting a mechanic half way through then rolling out under the excuse of ‘were not going to make it’ is disgusting.

Basically the two extremes (the one I have stated vs yours) leaves Blizz at a sort of impasse. With that said, being stuck with your group for the 15 or so minutes till the timer runs out and let people leave after it feels like it might be the best solution

Tanks with an off meta route get left behind. I did the water pull in dos, it worked for me as a tank and i never missed a timer or % doing so.

Running with a pally tank will automatically reduce the amount of interupts that any class can do. Some classes have to talent for a stun (warrior for example) but in doing so lose mucg utility in either double charge (its a dps gain for arms due to increased rage gen) or iv (i run this as fury in keys because an on demand 40% heal every 20 seconds has been many MANY times more valuable than a stun).

Do you judge a healer on their damage output or their healing output? Bad players take more damage therefore increasing the hps. Great players take less damage therefore dont need as much healiing allowing for extra time to dps. BDK doesnt need healing at all so if a non BDK the healer has to spend extra time upkeeping the tank.

No matter the system you add it will never work correctly because a simple rank can never understand why something is the way it is.

6 Likes

leavers will always be a thing because they don’t want to torture themselves for 2 hours because someone in the group physically is not skilled enough to do the key they queued up for

1 Like

With any service gap there is marketing opportunity.

Time to start a business. Create an addon that logs this info for you and all your teammates and provides a score. Make it paid premium monthly to see a live version of the score or else free monthly update of the score, kind of like how tsm gets around blizzards ToS regarding paid add-ons. There you go, now you are rich and the game has what you want. Problem solved.

None of what you said truly matter. Its the end result that matters. Whether the key was timed or not. Ofc the pally tank can carry interrupts. A good pally tank will be timing more keys cause of that. A group that stills trusts their tank and follows the off meta route will still be timing keys (unless it truly is a dog route). A healer pumping in both dps and heals will be timing more keys.

The whole system would simply be better if it were ranked like pvp. When i see a 2400rating player in pvp i know im bout to get whooped. Doesnt matter the actual comp or strat or toon. That confusion shouldnt exist when picking people for M+. “Well did he get that score because he plays with certain people, or cause he actually carries groups, or cause he was straight up carried?”.

Am I really the toxic one for leaving the key after an hour of one person chalking the key or is the person who made the key knowing they just want a carry from 4 other people and make them suffer the toxic one.

I used to think it was people making honest mistakes. Then I began to suspect that certain individuals are either intentionally messing up keys for the “luls” or not caring so much that they essentially do that.

I actually enjoy playing with people that are new to content and are willing to learn. What I DESPISE are the people trying to ruin it for everyone else and giving noobs a HORRIBLE NAME.

2 Likes

This is another reason why a solo queue would be great. You would now have to make the decision to stick it out and not lose rating or take the rating dump and seem more like that player yourself.

I always think about it, and while it’s not a system that I would personally use, if it gets more people into m+ and allow them to get to the point of not needing LFD, send it.

Like I said I can only do so much in a key before mental boom. Like I can do a lot of damage but if you’re running with flame wreath we ain’t ever gonna kill the boss.

1 Like

Then if thats all that nmatters why are we talking in a thread about chaning the system?

But that is LEGIT that case with m+ and always will be.

I havent pvp’d in years and i could go buy 2400 pvp rank and id be just as bad as some 3k rio players that bought it - i could by CE every tier.

My point is picking players based only on a score - no matter the score - will never have good players seperated from the bad players. There are way too many metrics within wow that matter.

Same.

By all means, you want to do that for PvP, then fine. It’s when you try to turn PvE related content into an eSport that things go off the rails.

I absolutely despise M+ as it has only resulted in contributing to that “GO GO GO!” mindset that has slowly wrecked this game, turned folks into mindless robots that only care about DPS, and frankly given this entire community the reputation of being some of the rudest and most incompetent players whenever some of us poke our heads into other MMOs.

Seriously, if you try another MMO, don’t tell them you’ve played WoW.

Not only that, but it has also created a subset of players that push M+ keys to a stupid degree, who then turn around and tell people that want to do normal raids that their item level is too low. Mind you, these are players that OUTGEAR normal raids trying to tell folks like myself that the gearing path is to do high M+ keys so that we can do normal raids for gear that would actually be insignificant. These are people that should be in heroic or even mythic raids dictating the experience of folks that don’t like mythic content, yet still want to do normal raids.

My favorite part is when some of them rage cause they can’t get an easy clear in normal raids.

5 Likes

yeah i mean i think the average human would rather take a 290ilvl dps over a 250ilvl dps for their key THEY posted. this is just human nature.

all yall do the same thing. dps players are like 90% of the game. makes no sense to take a lower ilvl when someone juicy will queue up like 1 min later

1 Like