PTR World server is down or instances not being created

Hello Support!

Can someone check on the PTR world servers? They’re not creating instances.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-up-down/450706?u=anaba-fairbanks

Also, what’s the immediate plan for the PTR now that 8.3 is out and Shadowlands opt-ins are available? Are you keeping the PTR open or will it be shutting down? Testers are speculating.

Thanks!

CS has nothing to do with the PTRs, that is QA and Devs department.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the PTR is not handled by the CS team. Best place for your questions would be the PTR forums. The team that handles the PTR would reply there.

3 Likes

The PTR really isn’t under the purview of Customer Support, I’m not even certain if the PTR is supposed to be up, but I’ve passed on an inquiry.

3 Likes
  1. PTR is only up when there is a patch or something to test. Since 8.3 has come out, there is nothing to test right now. PTR should not even be up.

2. Beta for new expansions is NOT PTR. Beta tests are not done on PTR servers. There are special beta servers set up for beta testing. Beta for Shadowlands is still a long ways off yet.

1 Like

For clarification, the PTR can go up for any number of reasons. A lot of the time the PTR may remain up so that our QA and Dev teams can test various patches/updates before they make it to the live game.

I have heard back, the PTR is currently supposed to be active and they are looking into the World Server Down/disconnection issues.

5 Likes

Thanks for your help, Vrakthis. I appreciate passing on the inquiry.

2 Likes