PTR Character Copy Not Working

The PTR character copy is not working. Gets stuck at “Please wait … Copy in progress.” until the game times out and disconnects the account. No one in guild has been able to copy a character since midday Saturday. It was working fine before that.

Separate report in the general discussion forum here:

I tried every half hour yesterday and again this morning and so far I’ve been unsuccessful as well. If we could get a blue response to this issue as to what’s going on behind the scenes with an ETA on a fix I’d be greatly appreciative.

1 Like

I’ve been trying since last night. I made a character the night before just fine, on the pve PTR. I then tried to make one on the pvp PTR last night and keep getting stuck there, letting it ‘please wait’ until it disconnects me. I just tried again and it’s still doing it. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Same issue been trying different ways suggested by guildies who say they are copying just fine and nothing so far.

1 Like

Really hoping they fix this. While I know the ptr isn’t supported it would be pointless if people cant test the updated content properly.

1 Like

Same issue here

1 Like

Still broken today.

I’ve been trying it a few times a day the past three days with no luck.

1 Like

Same issue for me, getting very frustrating

1 Like

No luck copying character to PTR, hangs till disconnect

1 Like

Same here. Been trying for several days now :frowning:

1 Like

Been having the same problem.

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we believe we’ve resolved the issue that was preventing players from being able to copy their characters to the WoW Classic PTR. Please feel free to try again now.

Thank you for your reports about this!

2 Likes

Still appears to be broken, thanks

2 Likes

Still not working here.

Still broken.

Nice fix, still broken.

No change. Still sticks on the Copy in progress screen.

still stuck

The button for “Copy Account Data” is now clickable when it was greyed before. However, it says “Copy Failed” for both servers. Trying to copy a single character also still times out, returning you to the login screen.