PSA: How to ignore forum users

You didn’t and I didn’t, but I see several other violations in here. It’s a shame that people turned the thread into… what it is now. If everyone just said “neat, thanks”, there wouldn’t have been an issue.

I dont think it takes rocket science to see a brand new post 1 minute old and see the same 10 likes every time. They all have the same exact whitty naming convention too.

Everyone has the right to block / mute / ignore who they want.

I choose to ignore the accounts of folks who have 0 posts but auto instant like one particular poster the moment they post.

They dont post themselves, so im hardly missing out.

My list, my right to mute.

3 Likes

You’re making false equivalencies between the two users because of some code of conduct you seem to follow. It isn’t “LFG is an anti-RDF poster, silence him!”; it’s the fact that he posts some new thread every hour or two where the obvious intention is to be incendiary and rile people up. They’re low-effort bait, and even if his alt usage is obvious but not confirmable on our end, it likely is viewable on moderation’s end. If he’s constantly being flagged for his stuff, they should be able to see that he’s using alts to fluff up his support.

“Ban both or ban neither” would make a lot more sense if OP was a repeat offender and was calling out users by name and actually violating CoC.

1 Like

I agree. Mute who you want. I have nothing against that. I’m not saying we must accept LFG as a person lmao. I’m just saying let’s try to be fair in our forum moderation standards. Personally, think whatever you want about LFG, me, or anyone else, and mute whoever you want. My goal isn’t to be unreasonable here, it’s just to not dogpile on LFG then say it’s okay when we break the rules cuz he’s a bad guy.

We are thinking how we want.

Opting to use the tools blizzard provided to remove content we no longer want to see.

Boom. Done. Thread over.

1 Like

Sure, I don’t agree they should be banned. I just said that this is against the rules; even if it’s about someone who’s universally disliked. Then someone came in saying that it isn’t because of some technicality or another, and I was saying “well the same logic can be applied to LFG”.

Who’s the more egregious offender? LFG by far. I’ll readily agree with that.

My issue wasn’t even really so much with the initial post, it was with the circular defense of why this instance of breaking COC was totally okay.

Listen, as a kid I threw crabapples at cars. I was just having fun, but when someone caught me and yelled at me or called the cops, I knew it wasn’t right what I was doing and didn’t try to pretend it was. I was being a punk and I knew it, and whatever I had coming towards me as a result of that, I’d accept. There’s no sense in trying to pretend this is something it isn’t. Is it informative? Yes. Is it also an underhanded slap at LFG? Yeah. I’ve made much bolder call out threads, knew what I was doing, and accepted my month long bans. I just own up to it. Adelair is in here being the kid’s mother trying to say that it’s really okay he threw the crabapple because of XYZ (maybe cuz he threw it at the neighbor no one liked, idk)

Thank you for this! About a dozen ignores already.

4 Likes

Did nobody else notice that confidence/confidenceyo switched toons in the same thread while continuing the same conversation?

That’s some skilled trolling right there.

2 Likes

The forums look so much better today.

honestly, thank you so much for putting this together. I had absolutely no idea.

These forum’s need to be nuked it isn’t like they listen to us anyways.

This is really useful information. Thank you.

1 Like

This is hilarious.

Imagine being that big of a troll that people know it’s you without even being mentioned.

You should edit in that you do in fact need the first trust level unlocked in order to start ignoring people.

Its considered “Name and Shame” and is absolutely a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You are never permitted to harass or bully another user just because you or the majority of posters dislike them.

Reading over this thread, the OP didn’t do that? The person that the quote replied to claimed that, but I don’t see any indication of it?

Edit: The person’s name also was not even mentioned at all until the person claiming OP broke CoC mentioned it. So they’re the one who made the target?

Call out posts are against the forum CoC.

This thread, however, does not qualify.

3 Likes

I assume this is assuming that “call out posts” are posts that specifically are defamatory? Because I do see that under “Harassing or Defamatory.” Not seeing anything saying that mentioning someone’s name is against CoC, which is how they seemed to interpret it.

Trolling is against forum rules. Maybe there should be some moderators to do something about it. Then we wouldn’t even need to go through the trouble of ignoring people that troll constantly.

I’d honestly like to link to this thread in the future for the screenshots of how to mute hidden profile users. That was well done IMO and I like to help educate people. So I hope it stays up. The mute thread stuff was so good for people to know too.

2 steps ahead of you on this one.

that LFG dude literally floods the forum with lame transparent checkers-level bait