PSA: How to ignore forum users

Hi everyone. I thought I would do a quick tutorial on how to ignore a forum poster since we seem to have some that just want to troll excessively.

Here are the steps:

1. Click on your forum icon (upper-right corner of screen)
  2. Click on the Preferences icon
  3. Click on Summary

Imgur

1. Click on Preferences

Imgur

1. Click Users
  2. Click Add

Imgur

1. Enter User
  2. Enter Duration
  3. Click Ignore

Imgur

54 Likes

Gee I wonder who that smudged out name was LOL

9 Likes

I think you need a certain loyalty level to be able to ignore. I remember not having the option for a while. Could only mute characters, not ignore them.

Thank you, thought the Troll found a work around by setting their own profile on private as I couldn’t put them on ignore like the other troll alts via that method. Your method works like a charm.

3 Likes

Also, at the bottom of the page, below “Share, bookmark, flag, reply” there is a bell icon that defaults to normal. Switch that to “Mute” and then you wont even see the thread anymore.

Dont let the trolls tempt you.

7 Likes

do you have a guide on how to summon a forum mod to get someone and all his alt banned?

asking for a friend

10 Likes

This is kind of an LFG Call-Out post, is it not?

Those are against the forum Code of Conduct.

3 Likes

But you can’t ignore accounts. That’s the issue. You got Mr alt a minute skirting ignore making a new toon every couple of minutes.

11 Likes

They are not.

Nope, I don’t see lfg/gdkp/rdf anywhere in this post.

13 Likes

They absolutely are and I’ve been banned for call out posts before lmao. I was quickly informed by General Discussion that it is totally against the rules and I received swift punishment for it.

Its against CoC to refer to someone else “insultingly.” Mentioning a player name casually is fine.

The same way you know LFG’s intent on his threads, everyone here knows the OP’s, along with the cleverly “blurred” screenshot

Don’t cry about intent in one thread then ignore it in another.

1 Like

posting in WoW GD forum is basically the equivalent of every one for himself
there’s no winning
never

I’d never post there, its basically filled with cancel culture complotist

2 Likes

OP is merely giving helpful advice, nothing was called out specifically. There’s nothing here that’s against the rules here.

On the other hand, its pretty simple to see how those other threads are trolling and against CoC. As Blizzard defines it, specifically these two lines.:

“Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums”
“Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish”

14 Likes

Very subjective in interpretation, and if you want to view intent, I’m just saying be consistent. You’re defending looking at intent in one thread then pointing to a thread like this and saying “oh it doesn’t matter.” It absolutely does and that was a direct insult aimed at LFG.

The problem is that you’ve got two scenarios in which you’re applying totally different standards. On the one hand, you’ll defend this one saying “oh no it’s TECHNICALLY not a call out thread and TECHNICALLY not against the rules”, and then on the other you’re saying “WHY DONT THE MODS BAN LFG? He’s using technicalities to circumvent bans but we all know what he’s REALLY doing.”

It’s one or the other. Not both. You might support this thread and not support his, but it doesn’t change that fundamentally both are against the rules (or, if you want to play as a technicality lawyer, that neither are against the rules)

If the shoe fits…

The name is censored, and when making a guide, someone has to be picked. If they picked your name out of the bucket of forum users to use as the example, would you feel insulted?

And yet everyone agrees that he’s doing exactly that. No one is saying that this post here is except you.

3 Likes

That’s what I had to start using since the ones bombarding the forums daily are often going private profile. For some reason…

The big issue as has been mentioned is that there is no bnet account option. Or at least that seems to be the case.

Personally I want the option to ignore the entire account linked to the forum post character. I don’t need to know any information about them, I just want a box I can click and bye bye. It’s called community policing (my opinion). In fact I would love for that ignore to apply in game as well or any ignore in game to ignore forum posts from that account.

That leaves them free to spam away and people that want to read it can…

6 Likes

Wonderful selective editing lmao.

Wonderful lawyer-esque spin.

It seems as if you should be defending LFG’s threads on the basis of technicalities.

Look, I don’t like all the moderation. Anyone who knows me or has seen me on these forums knows that. But if you’re going to cry for moderation for some users, you better apply that equally. Otherwise this is just Big Tech 879.0

Look at the first replies to this thread.

Everyone knows and agrees who its about and is laughing about it.

This is for your reference again, because you clearly wanted to only respond to out of context portions that you could twist to support your failing argument.