PSA how to apply for Shadowlands beta

Since the alpha is getting close to a couple of things to rember

1. THeres no keys to be given out.
  2. CS staff arent able to give out keys.
  3. To apply for beta seems like the new method is to go to the offical SL D4 site wowhead has a great guide.
8 Likes

I’ve updated the title to make this a little easier to find in searches. We have these instructions on our support website as well, in case anything happens to this blog hosted on Wowhead -

You will basically want to visit the Shadowlands page and click on the Beta Opt-in button in the top right while being logged into your Blizzard account.

Super important detail! We always see threads pop up asking about this - so just a general reminder to everyone to have patience :slight_smile: That goes for everyone, the people asking and the people who are regulars here and see the question a lot. Not everyone will have that information, so remember we’re here to help and provide it.

7 Likes

Glad to be of help figured it wouldnt hurt till you guys put up the sticky.

2 Likes

…What happened to opting in to betas via the account management page? Last I remember it was “set it (based on which series you like [StarCraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Misc.]) and forget it”.

As far as i can tell thats been removed.

1 Like

That was changed at least a month ago.

1 Like

Well, that’d explain it. Last time I went on the account management page (other than checking it today) was… what, a year ago?

1 Like

Yeap. I only noticed it a week or so ago when beta mention was making the rounds on the forums again.

Beta Envy is always going to be a thing. Doesn’t just apply to WoW, Blizzard, or even video games. There’s a really good bit from the Yo-kai Watch anime, actually that goes over Beta Envy, definitely encourage watching it if you can find it.

I’ve opted in, I think. My only interest in beta is the new leveling experience, because I have lots of allied race alts.

The wowhead was more of a link on how to apply kal gave a bit more all we gota do is try.

Is the Opt-In per account or per license?

Battlenet account. There is no drop down for WoW licenses. Just an opt-in when you follow the link provided above

2 Likes

Thanks. I did the opt in. So if I share a bnet account with two licenses, we wouldn’t be able to do the beta together, only one at a time? I remember playing the alpha for either legion or bfa, but I can’t remember if we could play it together.

Even before when there was a screen to select all the Betas you wished to participate in, it still was one per account. Basically, your battle.net account either gets flagged for Beta, or it doesn’t. If it does, you get the option to download and install beta on through the launcher.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks. Not so important that we play together (although it would be nice). More important for each of us to get in there and tool around and send some feedback.

I can haz beta key?

Oh come on somebody was at least thinking it haha.

Unfortunately mastadon was the most useless zord so no key for you.

1 Like

Not cool man.

3 Likes

Said zord zack was awesome.

2 Likes