PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

But I don’t. And never once said that I did.

How did a friendly conversation about how our flagging system is being abused suddenly turn into “OMG SHE’S TRYING TO BE A BLUE”?

6 Likes

i must say what an interesting development

Until Blizzard starts suspending these people who are abusing their system it will only get worse.

9 Likes

I know of at least one person who has been suspended. And I could’ve sworn someone posted a blue response or a green response about how it is actually a known thing that people will get vacations for abusing it. I’ll have to do some searching to see if I can find it. If it still exists. Might’ve been in a thread that’s been deleted.

Maybe we need a blue to re-clarify and let people know? I mean, I know it’s in the CoC, but how many of us actually read that enough to remember it. lol

Yeah, that’s the root of many issues around here. We don’t have any blues who will clarify anything.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath for any clarification, but I do think it’s needed. Remember when they would post a sticky after a ban wave of bots and remind everyone about the rules regarding botting?

3 Likes

Man, remember the days when they actually did ban waves instead of suspension waves. Those were the days. :frowning:

I got flagged for not agreeing with or liking a YouTube video. Also for criticizing certain streamers. Wrote an appeal but it didnt seem to do much despite the fact that I wasn’t harassing anybody,just disagreeing with videos I honestly perceived as elitist and terribly executed. No ill will towards Blizz but they need to thoroughly look at the posts that get flag bombed. Some flags are warranted BUT,I have noticed it’s also been getting out of hand.

5 Likes

I guess I should correct that. They were suspension waves not bans. That’s an entirely different discussion though.

You’re awesome. Thanks for that! :smiley:

And you are just going to ignore what I said about you misunderstanding her, right?

Thank you for linking the blue post a lot of people seem to have missed.
Wish we could have this pinned.

1 Like

Just because someone uses it here. Doesn’t mean they are impersonating a blizz employee. You re spouting crazy nonsense my dude. You just trying to make an excuse to report.

2 Likes

Of course it is!

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies and the links to the threads! Helpful if we’re all aware of what might happen to us. :smiley:

The fact the OP is hidden because of all the flags just shows you how stupid this system is. Seriously, whoever engineered these forums is either a top tier corporate troll and daily laughing him/herself silly, or wildly incompetent.

3 Likes

They don’t and flagging was never intended to replace downvotes. It’s just like reporting in the old forums

2 Likes