PSA: flagging is NOT a downvote button

the flagging wouldnt be abused if they just brought back the up and downvote system.

2 Likes

Oh… I think it would. That flag is so ambiguous that I think people enjoy reporting others way too much.

1 Like

I 100% agree with this post, folks will constantly false flag the moment they disagree with your opinion!

2 Likes

I actually love how you proved your point with this post.

2 Likes

You get flagged for spamming the same copy and pasted comment over and over in multiple threads, and for trolling. Lets be honest with ourselves, its exactly what the flag system is intended for.

12 Likes

Sad, not the intention… but true. :frowning:

3 Likes

You more than anyone You even got mentioned in Ion’s twitter as someone called you his “Waterboy”.

5 Likes

It’s just a terrible system. The overwatch forum has this rampant too

Im sorry but unless blizzard gives us a downvote button, youre gettin reported instead. welcome to the real world

3 Likes

because people on the old forums used it as a weapon to silence posters they didn’t like. yeah i can’t imagine WHY it was taken away. you guys abused it so blizzard took it away.

2 Likes

So abusing the system is somehow “the real world?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Shocking concept, I know, but you have two options for disagreeing: don’t post and ignore the thread or actually voice your dislike. Threatening someone with a ban is NOT how you should respond to something you dislike.

2 Likes

What’s funny about that is that it can backfire. It’s not 100%, but it’s absolutely possible.

Falsely flag someone, either just out of spite, or from spam flagging (hopping on your alts to then mass flag to hide the comment/post) does sometimes catch the eye of mods when they’re actually paying attention.

Makes for a wonderful day when you see someone come back after a long absence to say they were sent on a little vaca.

Anyone who thinks that it’s not as big a deal as it’s been made out to be has obviously not been here that long - or is part of the problem. /shrug

:sparkles:

1 Like

If I can’t downvote then I’ll vote how I feel since that’s what blizzard wants and if I feel someone is trolling the topic or myself I click that. Do I use it to express my dislike for topics? Yeah, but if that’s the only tool I’ve got then that’s the tool I’ll use.

4 Likes

It’s not your only option. You can ignore the thread or actually post your dislike. Words are a great thing!

2 Likes

RIP the crowd seems to disagree, I agree btw but this is a blizzard created problem that people exploit

Indeed it is. And they seriously need to make some changes around here.

3 Likes

Not really an accurate flagging, but you guys do you

i remember what it’s like to have all of my posts buried repeatedly over and over and over and over just because a group of posters got it in their heads to downvote every single post i made that wasn’t part of the popular consensus. yes i am still bitter and very spiteful about it.

OMG imagine that?! lol Heaven forbid someone use self control and just walk away, Rhielle…what have I told you about using logic!!! :heart:

:sparkles:

Players cant ban other players. Only mods or employees can. I can threaten all day to report and go on about a ban, but I cant actually do that.

By the way, I dont think this is a PSA. A PSA is something like “heads up! Dont do LFR before Normal or you wont get any loot from your Normal run”.

Flagging not being a downvote is obvious information since flagging doesnt mention anything about downvoting.

4 Likes