PSA: flagging is NOT a downvote button

i hated absolutely everything about it at the start.
i’m used to the changes now, but don’t really like any of them.

it took me a while to get used to the scrolling.

search function is just a decoration… completely useless.

The only thing the search function actually does is get someone who never posts a vacation because they necroed something and didn’t realize you’re not supposed to.

I dunno. I enjoy the advanced options for searching. I can find stuff pretty easily.

But I was always one of the oddballs, because I liked this system, save for the flagging, trust levels and small number of likes that we’re allowed to use.

I like the system too. Just in general it’s a newb trap to search for things instead of making a new thread. The amount of times I’ve seen someone say they reported someone for necroing makes me think they should just lock them after a certain point.

They lock EU ones… but not ours. I don’t know why. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I wish they would do it for us as well

Or remove the upvote.

1 Like

They removed the downvote button so people are gonna flag it. If they don’t like it they should return the downvote button. Get over it.

Downvotes were abused the same way flags are. And there’s nothing to “get over.” This is a thread to talk about the problems and how they can be fixed.

1 Like

If they started banning people who false flag thatd be great. Its not a dislike button. Reporting someone for trolling cuz it makes you angry they don’t hate wow is not okay.

1 Like

the necros are usually from people entering via google… not people who use the search function.

i can search a specific section of forum, for a combination of words which i KNOW were used in a post/thread, and it results in lots of useless matches.
…this is annoying, especially in CS.

there’s also no ability to search solely for blue posts like we had previously (unless it’s there and i can’t find it?)

You can search by names or BlizzardCS and the like, but I don’t remember seeing a blue post search, no. :confused:

the ignore/mute thing doesn’t seem to work properly either.

i select the user, select the length of time, and… no changes.
i still see all their junk.

Mine works. Did you hit save?

search by name doesn’t help me much… i can remember a thing was posted, but remembering who posted it… heh not a chance :crazy_face:

yeah, it’ll even show them on the list of players i don’t want to hear from.
i just went to double-check, and there is no “save” option.
just an “ignore” button.

maybe it’s something stupid like needing to log out and back in again to force the options to update.

I love when that happens. I try to post more after it as well. :rofl:

Why did they remove down votes again

I disagree, I’m completely aware.

Wouldn’t be an issue if they just left the downvote button alone…