PSA: Don't use Public Computers

See this I find absolutely appalling, a piece of software that comes from a legitimate site from a legitimate company who builds computer parts and it could have gotten you banned.

Like I use the Razer Synapse because I have the Razer Tatarus, which is just a keyboard with a fancy layout, this comes with in built macros, but it also comes with the option to remap the Tatarus to whatever keys I want so I have a better gaming setup.

I would hate if this keyboard is the reason I get banned, and would hate even more to think that if I setup the macros for another game, like Age of Empires or something and than got banned in WoW.

The ToS for WoW is to be honest, rubbish. You can be banned for any reason for any amount of time with no proof, and on top of that they can demand money from you for any reason without proof if they feel you have done something irreparable to the game.

They can at least place a list of known genuine software that can get you banned, at least than the legit players will know to remove this or that before playing.

Just read what I wrote above.

Never, ever use a public computer to play your personal accounts on.

You have no idea who’s running the place or if anyone has attached a dongle or installed spyware.

Heck, I wouldn’t even log into my account from a friends PC.

4 Likes

This is also part two of why I’m leaving wow.

There’s so much toxicity in the community.

I posted my story as a PSA and people are already jumping on it making accusations.

I have no desire to have the decision overturned.

I did this to share my story as I did nothing wrong and was treated as guilty without being able to provide evidence showing innocence.

I have no motives or objectives in this matter. I’m just shocked by people’s assumptions and negativity.

2 Likes

Do you genuinely think warden can’t distinguish between icue, synapse or what ever other software you are using to rebind keys/ make macros or change your rgb.

4 Likes

First time around here, huh?

3 Likes

Big yikes.

Though I’m sorry that this happened to you, OP.

1 Like

This is pretty embarrassing from Blizzard if it’s true, I hope using a VPN that I recently got doesn’t cause me any trouble.

there is a loading screen tip which explains this quite clearly.

the security of the account is 100% on you.

so… clearly not your first rodeo.

isn’t that a rapper or something?

8 Likes

That is objectively not true.

I know of 2 people, 1 who is still playing and 1 who is not, who decided they “did their time” and “played fair” and that they “have a life” and decided to cheat despite having played for at least 10 years now.

One used automation tools and another pays IRL money for carries and gear. The automation tools guy says he just uses it for “boring monotonous stuff” (and I don’t know specifically what it is either) and the money guy says with his “limited time” he doesn’t have time to waste on “scrubs” who aren’t on his level and do content the right way.

Both can drop dead for as much as I care.

OP, I’m not gonna lie or sugar coat it…I don’t believe you. I believe you did something shady, got caught, and are trying to act like it must be some random coincidence or mistake. I also agree with others in that 18 months for a “first offense” is not in policy.

My educated guess is you got did something naughty, got busted, thought you were smarter and more clever now and that “the heat died down” (maybe since the expansion is at a lull) and decided to do something bad again because you are bored and/or entitled to whatever it is you are botting or whatnot.

Even from Blizzard’s perspective, they dont want to lose a sub so for them to decide it is final means it is bad enough to justify the loss of business.

IMO it would be a better move to just be honest and come clean and apologetic. Probably won’t get you unbanned, but living a life with integrity is at least a reward itself.

6 Likes

I’ve seen some luck by sending your story to the wow reddit forums too. You could try sharing there too.

1 Like

Lmfao it’s not iCue. That’s literally just corsair’s device app, same as logitech ghub etc. You are definitely just trying to think up a story to get the forums to “Side” with you thinking that will get you unbanned.

5 Likes

No, it definitely sounds like you wrote this with that in mind. The link I posted was from January 20th. It is July 24th now. That is 187 days according to ~https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=01&d1=20&y1=2020&m2=7&d2=24&y2=2020&ti=on which fits perfectly into the timeline.

I call BS on you opening up with “A few weeks ago” because why would you wait weeks to complain about it… And plus, you edited the post, so you could have easily thrown that in.

They already have logs of every single thing you do.

We don’t need a PSA to know to not use bots and 3rd party software, since it’s painted into our retinas enough as it is.

You came here hoping to get a boo-hoo echo-chamber going and don’t like the response you’ve gotten so far telling you you did this to yourself.

Exactly…

6 Likes

Keep in mind, this is some rando on the forums “Claiming” blizzard said this. There isn’t even a screenshot of the ticket showing that, generic peripheral software isn’t the cause of this ban, the dude is just a terrible liar and tried to think up something convincing.

I have iCue running always since it controls the RGB lighting on my corsair keyboard. I have logitech GHub running since it controls the extra buttons on my mouse, neither will/have ever gotten me banned/suspended/flown on a secret helicopter ride. This OP is just a liar, check reddit and google, you’ll see tons of people like this grasping at anything they can to have a ban reversed hoping it gains traction enough for the outrage to make blizzard unban them.

Or maybe he is actually telling the truth and did do what was said. Do people here simply disagree with everything that is said all the time just because? I know some people lie, but there are also genuine cases and the way Blizzard handle things is atrocious so you cannot always side with them either.

2 Likes

My account was actioned the begining of the month…almost 20 days ago.

Again timing is off.

I’d be happy to post transaction history of payment over the last 6 months lol

Hes definitely not. Maybe you are new, but this is exactly like every other of these “I’m innocent” posts that have been part of the game since it’s release. 99% of the time, they are never innocent. It’s definitely not “because of iCUE”, the dude had a bot running and is trying to blame it on the generic peripheral software

2 Likes

Yes. These folks also probably have a lot of spare time on their hands to spend this much on a witch hunt against some random person on the forums for no discernible reason.

Don’t waste your time. Just move on with your day, folks on the forums aren’t worth it.

2 Likes

So what if you have something like razer synapse or Logitech g hub, both immensely popular gaming drivers for peripherals.

Don’t those have macro/scripting capability?

How does blizzard not just just ban everyone?

Seems like 99% of people who have these software will never use them for cheating. But they exist on their computers.

I never said it was iCue.

I said that was the only red flag program that I was informed the cafe used.

I don’t know what the reason is because blizzard wouldn’t tell me.

Yet you still mentioned it hoping the forums were stupid enough to think it was iCue that caused it. Enjoy the ban, you deserve it

1 Like