PSA: Don't use Public Computers

You can have multiple accounts and only have one banned. This doesn’t prove anything. Personally, I have two accounts.

Which further implies botting/hacking/etc. They don’t tell people what got them caught because they don’t want cheat engines evolving from the gained information.

Moral of the story, this guy is full of it. He did something shady, got caught, got banned again (hence the 18 month ban instead of a 6 month), regrets it, thinks he can get it overturned by crying on the forums. Warden doesn’t care if you tried a hack/bot/3rd party app/etc for 10 seconds or 10 hours. If it detects it at all, you get thrown into the ban pool.

5 Likes

Happy to provide transction details on my two accounts.

One I played…the second to take advantage of the recruit a friend. Only has level 100 toons as hasn’t been played for two years.

i’ve used three brand new laptops with Dell bloatware to play WoW since 2009. never had any issue with being able to login aside from having to use authentication code entry. i’ve logged in to play on some sketchy networks, from airport USO to hotel complimentary WiFi; and have never compromised my WoW accounts

Moral of the story, none of this really matters and yall wasted a bunch of your time on a fruitless witch hunt against some guy on the forums when you know absolutely 0 of the details involved. Good job, I guess.

2 Likes

Your response tells me you DID use a 3rd party program and think you can just make up an excuse of getting a keylogger. If that happened to me, i wouldn’t be trying to find what they thought was the logger, i’d simply state i haven’t used any such program and ask what they’re talking about.

You looked for something to blame for what they found. You know you’re guilty.
Oh and customer service does not mean give me whatever i want because i’m the customer. We’re customers too and they have a duty to maintain a fair game space for us which means punishing cheaters like you.

4 Likes

Yes. In a forum where others are free to comment as they wish while abiding by the rules set out by Blizzard. So people are asking questions and commenting. No surprises there.

If the exchange here bothers you then perhaps foruming isn’t your thing either. No shame in that. But people are pointing out things in your telling of the events that seem inconsistent. There’s no prohibition against that in the forum code of conduct. This isn’t toxic.

But people sometimes have difficulty seeing their own flaws while so readily spotting them in others.

3 Likes

Yes sir, he is. Maybe best known for being in the awesome Fast And Furious franchise.

Dude posting your transaction history isn’t going to prove anything.

There are plenty of people who use multiboxing tools that “I” would argue definitely is botting since it is 1 key and yet 5 toons all do “an” action, but Blizzard says such fine line distinctions are ok. You got people who write addons that come just a hair away from playing the game for you (marking people, telling them where to go, lighting up and flashing buttons, etc) but it’s ok.

People write macros that do things like use potions, trinkets, and pop CD’s and whatnot.

None of these people are getting banned. You did.

You
Did
Something

You also know it. You’re playing the Dr Disrespect card and saying "Blizzard didn’t explicitly TELL me what I did. Your ban wasn’t random, your appeals weren’t blanket rejected, you did something…and who knows, maybe it was on an old machine and your current machine doesn’t have it, but I am very confident you know and are hoping to get people to rally to you and say that Blizzard always does this so you have ammo for a crusade.

4 Likes

Was this a haiku PSA?

3 Likes

Blizz ban not his fault
But eighteen months is not six
This was no mistake

(I need to work on my Haikus)

8 Likes

Does Blizz still have a customer service phone number? Call that and get in contact with a person who can’t just copypasta a bs response.

PSA: DON’T USE PUBLIC COMPUTERS

That, in it of itself, is really the thread.

Don’t access any personal accounts, ever, on an unsecured network or unknown computer.

Also, I sincerely doubt you got an 18 month ban on the first offense.

That’s just bad business.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen to some friends that raided at cafes while over seas. Accounts incorrectly flagged as account sharing.

Icue seems like a stretch. I’ve been using it with my scimitar since EP opened with no issues. It’s also the controlling software for one of the most popular AIO watercoolers.

2 Likes

Most likely not getting the full story.

2 Likes

Internet café
Bad place to enter password
Now WoW is all gone

5 Likes

Once I got suspended for a few weeks and they never sent one of those “your account has been temporarily suspended” emails.

Blizzards customer service is pretty bad.

Or, it could be they’re (Blizz/Blue/mod) telling the truth and because they’re an authoritative figure and today’s societal “norms” are to go against authority by default?

To OP: It sucks, but as was mentioned an 18 month ban doesn’t seem to me like a “first time offense” type of punishment. Not saying it didn’t happen, but I am saying it’s highly unlikely.

Anyway, good luck to you wherever you may find yourself in your gaming endeavors.

1 Like

Good question.

HEY BLIZZ DONT YOU GUYS HAVE PHONES

no, they don’t.

there is nothing bs about the information they were given.

account security is the responsibility of the account holder.

2 Likes

Hmm…am I more likely to believe some random Blizzard employee has targeted the OP for injustice AND/OR protecting the misdeeds of others who have a very targeted grudge on the OP…OR do I believe the OP is lying and trying to garner sympathy and/or claims from others also unfairly being punished for crimes they never ever did (pinky promise and all)

Such a hard choice…

7 Likes