PSA: Bugs galore

i was looking forward to cata so i got a level boost but my god i was not prepared for this just how buggy and damn right unplayable it ended up being was so disappointed i just uninstalled and immediately seeked a refund for my level boost the gm was nice and all and even tried to get me one best as he could

i guess at the end of the day lesson learned we dont get the same quality as we did back in 2010

1 Like

Honestly? Those bugs are kind of pathetic.

You guys remember the Vanilla bugs? (And up to WotLK, actually.) Now those were fun bugs.

Dead body surfing! Disappearing flying taxis! DKs opening their Death Gates at docks would send you out in the middle of the ocean on a boat randomly!

Yeah, there were some wild stuff back in the day. LOL.

2 Likes

yeah because they were just figuring out how to patch the game abck then. those kind of bugs aren’t ever going to come back. those are the kind of bug you get when you first launch a new mmo.

Time is actuslly just a measurement. Humans invented time to measure when and where we should be with other humans. Cars are time machines, as with our own faculties this measure of time is drsmstically impacted. Moving 60 miles would take days without a car. Now it can take one hour, according to the measurements of time we agreed upon.

Abandoning the quest and taking it up again also works
after a couple tries. Also had a problem when trying to see the memories and kill the memories. Had to abandon that 3 or 4 times to finally get the button to appear to see them.

2 Likes

It’s because RareTracker/RareTrackerCore addon is broken. When I disable that addon, the Shard ID: Unknown black bar vanishes. Go into a zone where it can track rares (e.g. Emerald Dream), then when you type “/rtc hide” (no quotes needed), the bar will vanish.

1 Like

anybody knows a different workaround for this? doesn’t work for me.

Not from launch. Came in a few months after. But one thing I remember distinctly about the experience, especially coming from SWG which was truly a buggy mess, is there very few to no bugs that got in the way of playing the game.

But since 8.3 it’s really been hit or miss with new content. Don’t think it’s quite 50/50 with if a new content will work, but they’re heading in that direction.

group finder still not working, you can’t search for anything ONE OF THE BIGGEST FEATURES IN THE GAME IF NOT THE MOST NEEDED DOES NOT WORK???

Last night they did an update. Since then it has been working for me and a lot of other people. If you haven’t closed the game since yesterday, do that, let it update, and then restart.

Yep I canceled, I only go month to month these days and was once again glad I didn’t prepurchase. I think this is as good as it gets and likely worse.

Things got worse for me after that small patch. What is so hard about taking 3 or 4 minutes and acknowledging the game is broken.

I played since TBC dropped, and yes of course there has always been bugs. Sometimes really bad ones, or funny ones, or game breaking ones that had things down for days at a time

But, for a while we moved past that. Now Blizz is regressing. Also, the presence of bugs has never been so incessantly rife. In the past it was more like finding the occassional tarantula in your shower
 now its like ants marching all over your kitchen and swarms of wasps in your basement.

The sheer volume of nonsense with the time rift patch, emerald dream patch and weird elemental archeology thingy patch
 this is new. It was never this varied and numerous at once. To say otherwise is disingenuous. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I play since BC as well and “back then” you just didn’t play on patchday. Or - if you choose to do - you played old, patch-unrelated content. :wink:

But these weird side effects we have since DF are new - as of today/yesterday a new questline which broke the guild banks, suddenly missing walls in Silvermoon (of all places
 :roll_eyes: ), cross faction problems etc.

On the other hand, I’m not sure, if any dev in the known universe could foresee every effect for any change in the game or if every scenario can be tested on the PTR. I will wait patiently with fingers crossed.

So is there a bug if you do M+ weekly first that if you do 9/9H raid after it doesn’t drop Bullion? Or is that fixed/not true?

i’m just glad it’s not on my end; after disabling all AddOns, running a scan + repair on my game and it still bugged out on me. my hope is that they’ll push out a fix for this rather sooner than later, until then i guess i’m not touching my guild bank :smiling_face_with_tear: thank you for the thread

2 Likes

I can’t even get out of Thal via fp, flying mount, hearthing. I get on my mount and it stays in a crouched position as it slides across the ground - like there is major lag. Bizz ruined wow.

20 years and Blizz still can’t get it right

1 Like

I haven’t had any problems whatsoever

I had to relog to get that portal to finally show.

I only saw two issues yesterday: The rift not spawning, which was easily fixed, and I only got one bullion instead of two like I did on Monday.

Yea, I get there are other bugs, but yesterday was par for the course for a patch day.

Kinda seems like yall are wearing rose tinted glasses. There have been all sorts of bugs like yesterdays since I started in Firelands patch. WoW has never been an example of “what to do right on patch days”, its always been a clusterfud.