PSA: Bugs galore

LFG workaround added to the OP.

weird how ff14 rarely has any bugs

1 Like

thats because they(square) probably have a knowledge base they turn to when they design their stuff where all the mistakes of the past exist and are retained so you dont repeat them every patch and every expansion. blizzard seems to believe they can just move past ‘the toxic ways of the past’ and all the knowledge xyz toxic devs had. thus they NEVER learn and threads like this are made infinitely. some of the design decisions made in this patch were fixed 10 expansions ago, literally and figuratively, but yet here we are.

3 Likes

In all fairness, the FFXIV devs haven’t been subjected to the whims of a hyper-aggressive money-grubbing partner-company overlord for the past few years. Not saying SE Isn’t prone to less-than-great capitalist activities, but Activision is INFINITELY worse by comparison.

guild window seems to be really messed up now too, cant see half the people who are logged on and when someone switches to an alt, their warband member stays showing as logged on…

Yes and its annoying me. I am trying to figure out how to move it. My hubbies is in a different spot. Mine moves when I move my character and it is beyond annoying.

**Can’t view guild bank…when you try and deposit says tabs full (I know they are not because I am GM and just cleaned it up of old mats yesterday lots of room)

**Can’t hearth out of Dalaran after doing the new questline. Can’t even log out.

**Can’t mount up, can’t summon my pets…

*Portal from Dalaran is missing

I was hoping to be able to play with some ease tonight after the tornado that ripped through a couple of hours ago (missed us by a little less than a mile, we got lucky). We could see it from our back porch.

UPDATE: Got d/c’d and now still in Dalaran, all NPC’s are missing. Summoning mount puts me under it not on it…This it just lame…always happens…rush a patch and this you get in game issues.

2 Likes

You’ll all be happy to know the Classic team posted May 7th hotfixes for Cataclysm.

1 Like

New questline is actually fine for me - got it done pretty quickly, though it left me feeling a bit “What, that’s it?”

1 Like

Stuff like this, the head just boggles as to what they could have possibly done to not only break this, but that this “workaround” fixes it.

“Workaround, stand on one leg, and do alt-right click with you left pinky.”

Every time someone suggest “Oh, XYZ will be easy! They could code it in a day”, remember stuff like this.

1 Like

Has Blizzard acknowledged any of the above issues yet? I’ve been unable to play my main (and assorted alts) for hours now (after being able to complete the Harbinger questline on my main, at least) so it would be nice to know that they were at least aware that this is widespread and working on it…

No clue - but just restarted the game, because, reasons, and now its pushing another update (2nd one today). Maybe a fix that they just didn’t bother telling anyone about?

Literally everything works day 1 of a new FF14 patch lol.

Glad i came here to check again. Mature language filter worked for lfg lol

nope saw this earlier too didnt fix anything worth fixing! Making sense of the priority list over there must be stifling

You prefer the old tried-and-true hiring system of hiring friends of friends who had no qualifications for being in management aside from fitting into the frat boy culture? Guys like Alex Afrasiabi who was known to be a predator for the entire length of time he was an employee, yet everybody covered for him, cube crawls, and the “Cosby Suite”?

Wait till you find out what happens at your favorite tech companies in California with real money.

ohh cool 3rd update today still same issues da hell is going on

When Dire Maul patch got added in Vanilla (1.3.0), the servers were completely down for 3 solid days. Communication was terrible and official forums were offline as well. Had to rely on Thottbot and Alakazham to get updates or info from other players.

I didn’t get going until just before LK hit, but in a different thread I pointed out that patch day issues aren’t exclusive to DF and had some random guy jump down my throat, saying how its so much worse this entire expansion. Didn’t bother trying to correct him over and over (since I wasn’t going to “win” that argument anyway) - but what I really wanted to reply was “laughs in Zombie invasion”.

1 Like