PSA: Bugs galore

I can say i feel bad for people who bough epic war with in cuz its been a consistent problems with every new patch / content and its unplayable for 3 day - 2 weeks, so when war with in comes out those 3 extra days will be unplayable lol so your just gonna play with the rest of the people

This is absolutely true, and I would not presume to debate so correct an observation. However, coding and developing a MMORPG on the scale of WoW is very much NOT those complicated jobs. Something to keep in-mind here is that coding can be very… odd. Seriously. Even if you look over every little thing you can even remotely imagine just MIGHT interact poorly with a new bit of patched-in code, it is ENTIRELY possible something can (and quite possibly will) happen you did not think of. No person is 100% perfect, and certainly no group of people is (or has ever been). The thing to (again) remember, is that WoW’s code is ~100GB of coded data. For perspective, the reason many save files for even decently-sizable games are only ~100kb or so, is that many games’ save files are mostly just effective ‘markers’ for certain things (progression in a story, having x item, leveling y skill, etc.) Even then, those can be fairly lengthy in terms of lines of code (we’re talking up to a couple hundred, depending). Now imagine how many lines of code, with how much collectible crapola we have all collected over the years, each of our characters takes up on servers (and as an altoholic nutcase, i contribute to that heavily lol). And that is JUST character data.

How interesting this patch is so buggy. I wonder why that could be.

Yea see, THAT I will wholeheartedly agree is a serious effing problem. I was not, in any way, intending of defending Blizzard, but merely offering facts of reality on the matter. The fact there are bugs (REPORTED bugs) from PTR going un-fixed with the actual live release is, professionally-speaking, unacceptable in every regard. ALTHOUGH I will (simply for the sake of considering all possibilities and NOTHING MORE) point out it is entirely possible that some of said reports were not seen/addressed in-time before the live release. It is also ENTIRELY possible that what may have been causing the bug in PTR was fixed, but the same issue returned when it was released in live, but because of something different. I am by no means an expert in such things, I simply know the general gist of how things tend to work, alongside some experience coding in Java years ago. As someone who works in the IT field, I imagine you are likely no stranger to fixing one issue only for another to pop-up somewhere else. Again, I am not trying to defend Blizzard here, let alone justify the issues with the live release, I just want people to have a bit of perspective before they rage like entitled children, and I have no doubt you feel the same.

my god I didn’t know the situation was that

I thought only my friend list was bugged (cant tag or invite anyone)

as soon as the maintenance was over, I went into the first pug I found and cleared amirdrassil hc to get my mount, shes pretty, liked it, but now Iam out of the instance I saw a complete chaos in the chat lol

Sure, but we’re not talking about one mount flying upside down or something, these are numerous widespread issues from everyone just doing normal stuff.

Nobody noticed dreamsurge not counting right? Ok. Nobody noticed LFG and the new questline are busted? (And the pile of other stuff) Sounds like that’s just rushing to rush.

And, with all that, where’s the blue post with any communication? It’s not like the community folks are in their working under the hood on a fix, they’ve got time for a progress report with at least some info.

2 Likes

I think for my sanity it is just best if i don’t even log in. Holy

1 Like

Pretty sure neither of those was busted on ptr, actually not even sure they tested quest on ptr

Well, now there be an update, folks. In case everything is still on fire, please consult your nearest Elekk plushie for comfort.

2 Likes

jUsT a SmALl iNdIe cOmPAnY trYiNg hArD…

2 Likes

At least I’m not seeing any loot bugs.

1 cache from the dreamsurge quest with a 1/8 480.
1 cache from the superbloom quest with a 1/8 480.
1 cache from the plant 5 seeds quest with a 1/8 480.
1 cache from aurostor with a 1/8 480.
1 cache from the weekly last hurrah with a 4/8 502.

1 Like

I would certainly hope not. Otherwise Ghost Ship Games would have to sue Blizzard for copyright infringement. Either that, or just invade Ironforge with Silithids…

I appreciate your being a guinea pig before I tried to do any of this stuff myself. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

I think it’s bugged as well. I can’t even find a single cluster of coalescence around the Dreamsurge.

I imagine there’re dozens of other players doing the exact same thing, meaning you’re probably all waiting for respawn timers on these things.

You missed WotLK launch day fiasco way back in 2008. So many bugs, so many down time everyone got a few days of game time added for free.

1 Like

The world content STILL doesn’t show up as being “Awakened”, like wtf is going on, can they just go one week without putting out a buggy mess?

2 Likes

Yeah, totally, Blizzard’s current problem is “frat boy culture” and not the actual modern hiring trends they’ve engaged in that turn every creative venture into the same empty slop.

Just logged out of WoW and it says it’s updating again. Hopefully they fixed this mess.

And Aurostar is bugged beyond belief… on one toon I had to kill him 4 times before getting credit.

:cookie:

1 Like