Prune augmentation from the game

Overall aug was a massive mistake for the game.
If you like it, cool, but it HAS to be busted or nobody will ever play it. in other games it works perfectly, in WoW a support role is very bad.

The only thing wrong with Aug is trying to convince them to play Timelessness(threat redux talent) so I can play devastation. Dev is great, esp with an Aug in group, but pulling threat halfway thru a boss fight or even 30+ seconds into an aoe pull feels really bad.

Petition for timelessness to be bakes into baseline Aug kit, please sign here ↓

This is 100% a tank problem and I rarely pull agro, and buffet/landslide are enough to hold until tank gets them back.

Not that they can’t spec a point into it, but you absolutely don’t need it.

there is times where a dev can rip threat, but that only happens during weird mechanic things inthe dungeon. a good tank never loses threat

1 Like

it’s not for you, it’s for the dps in the group that actually do damage that generates threat. It’s why i stopped pushing on my dev in like week 3. Tanks just can’t hold threat. It’s not a tank spec or playstyle issue. It’s devastation mastery issue, and augmentation compounding the problem.

Yes, I’m aware that you’re talking about dev, because I play dev. Any good devastation evoker with a good tank isn’t pulling threat. In the time it takes to fire off a pyre to get shards started and then go into dragonrage, your tank should have ample threat.

Anything you pull is because you refused to give the tank literally 2 gcds before blasting, or because the tank is bad. This is especially true after the mastery nerf. At the level of keys you’re running, the tanks are clearly not bad the majority of the time, so you’d literally have to drage into a TTS firebreath as the tank is pulling to rip agro from them.

Pulling threat 30 seconds, or halfway into a fight, is 100% a tank issue. Devastation should only realistically be ripping threat on pull

They really shouldn’t even be doing that unless they’re literally trying to, but yeah that’s definitely the only time it could conceivably happen.

I make it my mission to rip threat and die so I can say wtf tank

Honestly, I wish they choose not to nerf Aug, but instead bring other classes in line with it and lift them up instead of nerfing down, like their direct competitor did when they released the 2 new classes.

impossible, cause the only thing keeping auggie afloat now is its utility kit and how well it meshes with this seasons dungeons. if they make ebon might not castable on tanks/healers and other auggies then boom auggie is no longer a problem

But if they left Aug alone and buffed everyone else’s class to be in line with Aug, then everyone benefits from it. So I don’t see your point?

buffing everyone else also indirectly buffs aug.

How dare you reply to an illogical comment with a logical one?

buffing everyone buffs aug, and unrealistic answer to buff all the dps specs to auggie or al lthe god comp dps level cause its idk 20+ dps specs to buff when what makes god comp work is its synergistic utility not dps numbers

The only real answer is that they need to decently nerf the survivability Aug brings. That’s really the true differentiator, not the damage.

There’s plenty of classes that can do 3/4 if not more of your health. Elemental is one of them. If Evoker’s healing gets hit again especially Aug it just won’t be worth playing. Devastation is even weaker. We’d be forced to pillar hump all game and with our limited range on our abilities xd not worth.

If you want our suvivalbility nerfed fine, give us more range than, or take more away from EM, and give us more damage if everyones worried about the support we provide to other classes.

• Verdant Embrace healing decreased by 25% in PvP combat.
  • Molten Blood is now 50% effective in PvP combat (was 70%).
  • Panacea healing decreased by 20% in PvP combat.
  • Ebon Might is now 80% effective on allies.
  • Ebon Might now increases the Augmentation’s damage by 30% in PvP combat (was 20%).
  • Prescience now grants 6% critical strike chance in PvP combat (was 3%).
  • Developers’ notes: The Augmentation Evoker ability to extend game length has been more effective than we would like, so we’re decreasing the effectiveness of some healing spells. Additionally, we’re shifting more of Ebon Might’s output into the Evoker themselves.

I’m speaking strictly in terms of PvE and more specifically m+, so my suggestions are not aimed at PvP.

Unfortunately, I’m sure blizzard’s going to ignore PVP as usual and create more imbalance there no matter what they do.

2 Likes

They were not 4-3 running Aug, Pretty sure in the last game of the Tournament they tried Aug/Preserv/DK and were countered hard and lost so they swapped back to Boomie, Rogue, Preserv I do believe.

Hey, at least you’re a paladin.

Now imagine if you’re a Devastation evoker who should be doing 19s yet can’t get into anything over 12 because you’re not aug…yeahhhhhhhhhh…makes me hate the spec more than I’ve hated any spec or buff/nerf change to a class ever in the history of me playing this game. It’s ruined the game for me that much.

I hate to say this for people enjoying a different type of role being in the game, but I hope they rework it completely into a real damage spec that only has minor buffs here and there. Putting it into the game like they did shows a complete lack of consideration for Devastation evokers and how this could affect the endgame community overall.

Would be nice if ppl on the balance team played the game.