Prot Paladins set to outpace MWs above 1800 in 3v3 (both regions)

Neat. Currently 75 prot paladins across both regions, and 80 MWs.

32 Likes

Don’t make me cry, man.

15 Likes

lmfaooo yikes

16 Likes

And to think someone told me recently that MW is one of the best PVP healers in the game, and that representation is an indication of nothing.

18 Likes

Well it is one of the best PVP healers in the game. MW monks are absolutely insane in BGs. Renewing mists is just so potent.

That’s mostly true. There’s just too many variables for representation to really definitely say much.

4 Likes

Can you show me some evidence of this? From everything I’ve seen that isn’t even remotely true.

If I were to say to base a decision purely off representation I’d agree with you, however I said ‘indication’ which makes it absolutely not true.

1 Like

My friend has been killing it as a MW monk. Not sure where others are struggling. It’s a really powerful spec.

In this instance, MW representation doesn’t really indicate anything at all. Monks have historically always had low representation, even when they’re very powerful, mostly due to their class fantasy and lore reasons.

3 Likes

can we see ur friends character or can ur friend post here confirming that

12 Likes

Not sure how much I can take from that based on your word, sadly.

From the R1’s who’s talked about MW, I haven’t heard a single one of them say a positive word about them. Majority playing priests, shamans or holy paladins now.

9 Likes

Sure I’ll email him the link, I think he can add a lot to this conversation about MW. However, it is Christmas so it might take a bit for him to reply, most people are busy with their friends and families and stuff like that. I actually have to go now myself, my partner customized my Mclaren 720s for Christmas and I’ve been dying to hit the road with it!

Happy holidays to all!

That’s fine, different people have different experiences. He’s a really good MW so his experience might vary a bit from others.

That’s interesting, do you happen to have any clips of R1’s who have talked about MW?

2 Likes

alright ill bookmark this thread and I’ll check it daily for the next 3 weeks

if ur friend doesn’t post here i guess we will have all the proof we need

merry Xmas enjoy the honda civic ride

14 Likes

I’ve faced an entirety of 2 MW monks in all the 2s matches I’ve played. Absolute dead meme spec.

The 2nd MW I faced was an absolute legend though. They played frost DK/MW, which seems like a pretty decent 2s comp for MW.

2 Likes

mw is the worst healer (not counting holy priest) by a pretty huge margin. Burst healing it is beaten handily by hpal,disc mana efficiency it’s decent when it can make use of reverse magic, but any team without a magic dot, it will oom faster than the average disc. It’s cooldowns are beyond pitiful, cacoon gets eaten faster than a rapture shield XD

Top it off with it having 0 damage to contribute and your left with the only benefits it has is an aoe stun and mobility, both of which are not cutting it when damage is this high

3 Likes

^ Patently untrue.

BFA S4 stats (above 2200 because that’s all that’s archived): https://www.arenamate.net/representation-charts/archive/bfa-s4
HPal: 11.1%
MW: 6.8%
DPriest: 6.2%
RSham: 3.1%
RDruid: 2.9%

Spec representation of overall specs above 2200 in Shadowlands S1 of healers:
https://www.arenamate.net/representation-charts
DPriest: 13.1%
Hpal: 9.1%
RSham: 5.2%
RDruid: 1.1%
MW: 0.6%

People are absolutely abandoning this spec because of how terrible it is.

Mes’s (a blizzcon winner) thoughts on MW:
https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabSuccessfulJellyfishYouWHY

Vanguard’s on MW:
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyCorrectBaconRalpherZ

8 Likes

pog not last place wooooo

1 Like

https://www.twitch.tv/cdewx/clip/FurryEphemeralSangCopyThis?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Someone told me your name is lilly and you troll people on the forums. Is that what this is?

I’m still trying to figure this out…

Because mine is very underwhelming. Without armory I can’t see what could be making the difference.

agree mistweavers need a defensive that can be used during a stun and they need more stuff they can cast while moving

all this stuff was recognized in the original design of mistweavers in pandaria, but a couple things were a bit OP and its been constant nerfs since that time basically removing all the ‘fun’ parts of the mistweaver

we really need a better pvp monk rep on the bliz team

3 Likes

Within 5 hours of the post they have now officially taken over MW as a better spec mostly due to healing. 77 MW’s compared to 81 prots. At this rate they’ll overtake resto druid in about a week or so if nothing happens.

Edit: Looking at representation above 2200, MW is at 19 players, Prot pal is at 29 and Rdruid is at 39. So looking at decent arena play it’s even worse compared to looking at 1800. So druid will be overtaken within days for 2200+ play

2600 MW and Rdruid are tied for 2 players while prot pal is at 3. So it’s not a low cr issue, prot is just better than literally 3 of the healer specs

8 Likes

LMFAOOOO lord help me

6 Likes

renewing mist in bg is a nonfactor where do you get your random information from

1 Like