Props to Liquid

Saronite bombs were profession based that did siege damage that was a bug that affected the lich king platforms.

Mortal strikes is a player mechanic, that did what it does. Reduces healing taken by the enemy. Blizz made debuffs work on raid bosses, like the warlock curses since the start of the expansion.

Really most bosses are just immune to cc. But debuffs always worked as the tooltip suggests.

1 Like

Yes, used in many rotations for higher DPS.

Professions are a player mechanic, yes.

I donā€™t recall mortal strike ever working to prevent boss heals or bosses going back up in HP Shrug

It didnā€™t fully prevent it did it?

You really compared an item destroying a platform to an ability that does what it said.

It would be fairer to compare MS with Death Grip, some raid mob canā€™t be gripped and some can.

Alrighty, I see youā€™re an expect in mental Olympics. Have fun!

I havenā€™t checked the what happened Iā€™m going off a poster that said they knocked off like 6% health with it. But numerically I havenā€™t checked numbers.
Since using the debuff on a healing mechanic decreases effective health via debuffing the health potential they can get.

Some mechanics like in mythic plus work this way now, using shields and damage mitigation to prevent the boss from shielding using his damage for example.

That is a bit different. Echo did not do an exploit. They used an ability that Blizzard sees ā€œworking as intendedā€.

Mortal Strike

30 Rage Melee Range

Instant cast 6 sec cooldown

Requires Warrior (Arms)

Requires level 10

A vicious strike that deals (158.4% of Attack power) Physical damage and reduces the effectiveness of healing on the target by 50% for 10 sec.

Wow 50% is huge! Havenā€™t tried arms this expansion but that seems pretty huge for that fight.

1 Like

Kinda did IMO. + thereā€™s the fact that both ā€˜guildsā€™ are actually Orgs and did cross-realm boosting in order to get tier pieces including trading gold cross-server and Blizzard did nothing. Not to mention the RWT and all, so going by ā€œBlizzard saw it differentlyā€¦ā€ in itā€™s current form means nothing to me. I know what Old Blizzard wouldā€™ve done.

But as usual, your arguments are inconsistent and defeat themselves.

Lmao, what kind of backwards thought process is this.

Then clearly the people who never touched mythic are the REAL winners.

Blizzard only have themselves to blame for totally destroying BM hunters. If they didnā€™t, it wouldnā€™t have taken almost 300 attempts for crab boss

If they had brought a single survival hunter, they couldā€™ve provided the same utility. Lol.

Um what spell are you talking about? As far as I can tell pet debuffs like that on my hunter go to 10%. Arms denies 5 times more healing with that with a primary spell?

MS worked as intended. Had Blizzard done proper testing, they could have caught that issue and dealt with it. Even after Echo used it the first time Blizzard could have dealt with the issue. But they do not see this as an issue.

Nor do they see the cross-realm boosting as an issue with these guilds (even though they see it as an issue with the rest of their player base).

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Show me in the MS tooltip where it says it cannot be used in a fight where the Jailer heals himself? If that is in the tooltip, then they exploited it. If it is not then they didnā€™t.

Multiple pets can apply Mortal Wounds.

Mental burnout is a thing. No sense in continuing to push if your group is playing like crap because they been at it for too long and are mentally exhausted.

And honestly the internet will document it, but who really cares who wins the race? In not even a week itā€™ll be old and dead news. While I certainly donā€™t speak for them, I can imagine though that there is just a general sigh of relief that it is over and they can all get their kills and farm their mounts and make way too much gold selling carries to whales until the next expansion comes out and they can do it all againā€¦or S4 if there is a race worth racing.

1 Like

you cant prove itā€™s not intended.

you stating your opinion as fact and then getting belligerent when pointing this out is not an argument.

sit down, child.

we, the players.

So I checked the tooltip

I didnā€™t know it was 50% for everyone. That is pretty good utility. I do use this on sanguine weeks. But the tooltip didnā€™t say it was 50% Quite noticeable. Seems like a hunter pet swap to that is all anyone needs for that encounter.