Progressive advocate - more inclusion and diversity please!

Great way to kill the game.

Flood it with charity events.

Darn straight. (No pun intended lol)

What bothers me the most about the question in specific here is the level of priority put in place, given his “immersion” comment… To OP, he just want to see LGBT characters… or else the game will be un-immersive to him otherwise. He has demonstrated that good writing or lore building for that character(s) is secondary to what he really wants, time and time atfer again. Meaning this request isn’t coming from equality here.

I want to see good stories and good characters with good writing. If the character just happened to be LGBT, that’s fine. If their not, that’s also fine. Because it’s not about them being LGBT or Straight, it’s about them as a character, their journey, their actions, their personality, how they effect the story, how they go though the arc, and so on. And that request is equality. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The game writers make the content in real time. Anything is possible, let’s not act like Blizzard can’t do both.

Tulln, please don’t misdirect here. :roll_eyes:

You’re the most transparent person here with your blatant toxic positivity, it’s just sad at this point.

You clearly want special treatment, while everybody else wants equality. You’ve shown ZERO concern for the actual story and lore, and writing involved for the characters you claim to want. You only want them because for the sake of LGBT because you seem to think just having them there just existing is enough. (If that’s the case, what’s wrong with Pelagos or the deer couple or heck, any occasional LGBT characters sprinkled about though WoW? Want me to pull up that WoWhead Link for ya?) Don’t give me this crap about you thinking they can do both when you don’t believe it yourself.

6 Likes

I believe in Blizzard to make a great expansion. They are also starting to make fantastic cutscenes and I have faith Danuser will make Dragonflight a key priority.

Not asking for Blizzard to halt everything. I’m asking for more storylines that represent diversity and provide representation that feels more inclusive.

1 Like

I’l wait until i see how good they make it. I’m not going to hold on to a “belief”, especially given their previous mishaps and history. This isn’t religion… … hopefully.

That i will agree with. Those 60fps ingame cutscenes look lit.

…You’re going to have faith on a guy writing the next expansion after royally pooping on the last 2 expansions as well making an established character pretty much hateable in all the wrong ways?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is why i’m rejecting hype culture.

Sure, if it’s good, then it’s good. I would love to be pleasantly surprised. But until that happens, i’m not going to “believe” in them or hold out for hope.

Yes, we got it. You’re asking for special treatment because you’re pretending that this game you’ve been playing for years at this point (because come on) suddenly became unimmersive to you because you want to relate to the sexuality of the characters only.

Tulln, tell me this. Have you ever related to a character besides their sexuality?.. Like Anduin?..

I hate Anduin, but i can relate to him in trying to find peace for both sides here and not engage in some pointless war that will possibly get the both sides dead and focus on bigger threats. Same with Taren-zhu and Khadgar. I don’t relate to them because of their sexuality, nor i’m not going to let their sexuality dictate whether i should relate to them or not. (If not for what’s currently happening right now, it’s because of the same plot in WoW, the faction war until big baddy shows up, was tiring by the Legion mark.)

This is about as silly as people getting upset over the fact they can’t relate to Tracer’s sexuality from Overwatch. It’s no different if it’s the other way around. (and to OW’s credit, they never shown her attraction towards somebody even before the comic came out and the lore for that game isn’t nearly as important there as it is in WoW, given it’s a battle arena moba fps thing)

2 Likes

I understand your opinion but I still think it’s better to have representation than to have nothing at all. Just because it’s not important to you, does not mean it isn’t for others.

But what? Because i ain’t saying “I want it for representation” and actually want the stories, characters and so on to be good regardless if it’s LGBT or not, that suddenly hinders your ability to understand my point?..

It’s objectively better for characters to be well written first. LGBT or not. You can have LGBT characters, but they need to be well written first.

Representation means nothing if the character isn’t likeable or well written, or if their just there to just exist to check a box. That’s tokenism.

Nothing i’ve said about me wanting good stories and characters regardless their LGBT or not, are excluding LGBT or straights in any way here. And you’re a fool for thinking that.

It’s not important to anybody else on this thread who disagrees with you, on your other threads, and anybody else’s threads that pretty much asks for the same or similar thing you’re asking here.

They simply want good stories first. Even the people who are LGBT are voicing that opinion and disagreeing with you. If you’ve actually cared about LGBT people, you would actually listen to them on what they want.

Treat them like adults, not babies.

7 Likes

Not sure what certain things you are talking about, but ya most big companies are walking a tight rope when it comes to the representation crap. I guess it’s fine in the work place, equal rights and all even though that is still pushing it, as employers are forced to often to take less then applicants. But keep it out of art, no artist even if they have a ton of employees should have to worry about including anyone.

Look up California lawsuit of blizzard.

For a “woke” company their employees steal a lot of babies breast milk.

So how many people who are actually on the LGBTQ spectrum, that BEG you to stop making these threads, do you have to ignore to continue with your bad faith argument-starter threads that only bring out the homophobes?

4 Likes

It’s not strange, it’s telling. Most of us know why.

It’s amazing to me that people will use this sort of insult against a company they steady hand money over to and support. lol

1 Like

I’m gay and I think his threads are good. Why is enraging homophobes a bad thing?!

Implying I support the company directly with my money and don’t go through third parties for my sub which eats into their profits.

:roll_eyes:

anyways. thanks for the continued support.

1 Like

I need this job. Interview 100 candidates. Toss all of the white males resumes in the bin. :wastebasket: Succeed.

1 Like

Enraging homphobes is always a good thing but do we really need to see their filth cluttering these forums?

2 Likes

“I can’t argue against that so I’m just going to keep saying the same thing over and over”

Let me put it in another way, getting my sub from a third party that is going to just hold onto the game time code forever if it’s not bought does not get them more money. I’m just using one of the many time codes put up for sale.

Technically, me playing costs them more money than if I didn’t.

Thanks I will.

Hopefully Microsoft can actually kick some people and make Blizzard a respectable company again.

I wouldn’t waste my time, most big companies have some sort of lawsuit going. If you have some genuine information to post that is not waiting to be decided on by judge and or jury then do so or be gone.