Progressive advocate - more inclusion and diversity please!

Personally, I’m very happy with Blizzards recent stances on inclusion and diversity in their work-force. As you can see here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/kristen-hines-appointed-as-chief-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-officer-at-326659

She is a new hire appointed to help create a more diverse and equal environment and based on her previous work, I have no doubt that we will see more representation overall hopefully in-game and in Blizzard HQ. I do want to take some time to go over some wishes that I’d like to see based on current events.

1. Focus on including lgbt+ representation to Dragonflight storylines and expansion customization. This can include more gender options (use of pronouns) and the option to have a female voice on a male toon and vice-versa.
  2. Include more transmog sets that promote diversity. An example could be a rainbow tabard for pride month. A sponsored in-game charity event for these organizations could also be helpful and players could be rewarded for participating.
  3. Introduce stricter moderation and rules to help reduce the hatred against these groups in-game and on the forums. Too many times have I witnessed discrimination just because of who they identify as. This shouldn’t happen.

Please keep up the work to become more progressive. I am always advocating for more inclusion in gaming and it’s thankfully being addressed in 2022 and hopefully continues to be for many years to come!

6 Likes

Please stop trying to kill the game, blizzard is already doing that hard enough as is.

84 Likes

That news regarding the recent hire pertains to their workforce. It may or may not show results in game. I don’t know anything about the woman, but I do think this was a step in the right direction, in regard to their recent legal issues.

What about her previous work makes you think you will see the things you want to see in-game, though? Genuinely curious. I don’t know anything about her previous work.

Its funny, the only people that are against inclusion are the people concerned that others inclusion somehow takes away from them

6 Likes

I’m confused on what you mean by this. Can you explain because my post in no way is meant to harm anyone.

Ignore that, and answer my question instead. :wink:

Yeah, China is well known for how friendly it is to minorities and LGBTQ+ people. :roll_eyes:

Anyways, posting in a Tuullnn bait thread.

12 Likes

i can understand how people who aren’t dialectical thinkers have a hard time seeing this.

replace any of the new western concepts of race and gender with class and boom, china.

5 Likes

r/iamverysmart

2 Likes

#nolivesmatter

FOR THE FORSAKEN!!1

11 Likes

A quick search will tell you a lot about her work at Accenture. Diversity training and applying modern practice DEI to help achieve that.

With Activision, Hines will work with the leadership team to “implement programs and policies that foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace environment.” Very happy with this statement. I’m sure blizzard employees are too.

Right, and that sounds like she made those places a better place to work. But how did that translate to what Activision put in the game?

I’m incredibly relieved that they are making efforts to improve their company and their policies. I just doubt that we will see gratuitous changes made in game that reflect their diversity program.

3 Likes

You know, if that was going to work for any race, it’d be that one lmao

Especially with Sylvanas at the helm

1 Like

Why does any group need representation? I asked this as a genuine question not to seem rude.

6 Likes

special treatment in the name of equality so we never actually have equality.

fun game lol.

15 Likes

Honestly, looking up “why representation matters” will yield much better results than any answer anyone here could provide.

Sorry y’all but that’s just a fact!

5 Likes

Foxes, Wolves, Trolls, Orcs, Elves, Aliens, Gnomes, Dwarves, Pandas, Robots, Zombies, Cows, Goblins and Humans, with Dragons coming next.

There’re 24 races that are playable now and more incoming.

Just thought I would stop in and see what is going on. Kind of like a car wreck you can’t look away from. Tragic forum disasters are always entertaining.

8 Likes

I find this weird to say. Asking for potential lgbt stories in dragonflight and representation is not asking to be treated specially, it’s to be acknowledged.

1 Like

im already fully living my best life as a pink n hooved alien, bro.

4 Likes

With more playable races should include more customization as I’ve suggest in my original post.