Progressive advocate - more inclusion and diversity please!

No. They just don’t lock down certain threads because of their leaning.

2 Likes

It will generally fizzle out about 500 and then the OP will create another of the similar “awareness” posts a few days after.

Rinse repeat. They been doing it the last 2 weeks now.

2 Likes

Best you can do is keep reporting the threads and op.

1 Like

Reporting it does nothing. They choose topics blizz cant delete only eventually lock of it gets sufficiently derailed.

Say turned into a post about pro life pro choice that or they just remove posts.
They allow these dispite the drama they bring because they have backed themselves into a corner and any action would look like “intolerance” dispite the obvious spam it is becomming.
At this point I’m just eating :popcorn: and reading the forum madness that follows…

Also noticed clicling on OP to view his profile it goes to error 500 “an illusion! What are you hiding?” Screen. Hmm. Interesting.

3 Likes

No. There’s nothing wrong with this thread. They already threw out the flag so why do you keep trying?

what brings to your overall immersion and enjoyment may very well be the thing that takes those same things away from others. just saying. not everyone wants a buncha LBGTQ+ stuff anymore than others want religious stuff. so if you’re gonna add one, you gotta add the other, otherwise no matter what you do you’re alienating a portion of your playerbase. so at the cost of others enjoyment, i guess we gotta boost yours. eh?

1 Like

i think it’ll create bad actors who report people because they got kicked from a pug group. but ok. these things are already in the TOS, now they just wanna make sure you know you can just mass report people and an automated system will finish the job for you.

1 Like
  1. How does LGBTQ+ representation being in the game take away from your immersion.

2. Religion is already in the game.

did i say me? pretty sure i didn’t. carry on fool.

It doesn’t matter. You’re the one that’s coming up with the justification as to why people don’t want it in-game. It’s on you to explain why.

i don’t have to explain anything to you.

That’s fine. You don’t have to. Just don’t get all uptight when someone confronts you about it on a public forum.

You know, the thing meant for discussion.

no one here is uptight unless you are.

It has been explained by many, many times. Usually it has to do with the WoW universe not having LGBTQ in it or using it’s terminology. So why add it? Even if there are gay characters in game they are not trying to make a crap show out if their personal life by and asking for representation.

Even if Blizzard did add a holiday for Pride, I think it would be a fair guess that it would not be called pride. As the in game holidays are not called by their real life counter parts. How would they explain a new holiday in lore? How do they pull it off without it seeming like special treatment for one group as there are many real life groups that are not represented in WoW?

1 Like

This is an extremely narrow-minded way of looking at things because what is in the game is dictated by those who run the game, and sometimes, said things are driven by social issues and current events. World of Warcraft is not its own entity. It is a creation made by people, and if those people decide that LGBTQ+ characters exist in this world, then it’s just as valid as anything else they decide to put in the game.

The only reason why it wasn’t as commonplace in the game to begin with has nothing to do with the world not being able to compensate for it. In 2004, LGBTQ+ discussions were simply not being had to the extent they are today. LGBTQ+ wasn’t as widely accepted in 2004 as it is in 2022. Judging by the general reaction from the forum, I would wager that it’s still an issue to this day when it shouldn’t be.

The same way they do any other event. This is not rocket science. It’s as simple as coming up with a premise and putting it in the game.

Well, it’s simple.

Heterosexual/cisgender folks don’t need to be represented because they are the status quo by society standards.

Heterosexuals and cisgender people do not need special treatment. They are not being oppressed nor are their rights being infringed upon. If you tell someone that you’re straight, the likelihood of them chastising you for being straight when compared to LGBTQ+ is shockingly low, if at all.

So people might feel like there is preferential treatment. I say those that do should be ignored because they are missing the point as to why pride events exist in the first place.

1 Like

But this doesn’t happen in WoW. You don’t get turned away from anything based on your orientation.

That’s the issue I have with it, I know others who have it too. It’s an attempt to shoe horn real life issues into a game people play to escape them.

1 Like

I did not specify that the groups are limited to sex or gender. There are so many real life groups, ways of thinking, etc. etc. that are not represented in WoW. So why should the long history of this game be changed for one group or idea over another???

1 Like

how about NO?

Very well said! :clap: :clap:

Of course not, because the great thing about games is the anonymity that comes with them.

That said, you have been strongly misguided if you believe that homophobia, transphobia, etc. isn’t perpetuated by players in the game. So while you’re not being turned away for being anything, people are certainly still utilizing vulgar, offense slurs that are derogatory towards LGBTQ+ communities.

There is also the fact that this forum is representative of those very players in the game. I’m sure if I looked hard enough, I could find someone in here who is being abhorrently intolerant.

Nobody is forcing you to participate in anything. You can still play this game to “escape” from real world issues by simply ignoring whatever it is they decide to put in the game.

Though to be honest with you, I think choosing a game where major plot points involve war, genocide, chemical warfare, and political discourse as a way to “escape” real world issues is hardly a justification for why LGBTQ+ matters shouldn’t be introduced, but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, we are talking about LGBTQ+ issues so I think my point still applies.

Because this is an evolving game, and new things are routinely added?

Also what exactly is going to “change” in this game’s history if LGBTQ+ characters/events are more commonplace in the game?