Progressing the campaign

I am 8/10 chapters with Kirin Tor Offensive and The Siege of Orgimmar as the remaining two. I no longer have any quests other than the “Drive Back The Flame” where you need to grind out rep with Shaohao.

My rep with Kirin Tor is friendly and Shaohao is Neutral. What do I need to do to finish the Kirin Tor chapter? I have been doing the dalies as that is all that appears to be available after doing the solo instances.

Have you done the Isle of Thunder campaign? I’m not sure how it works on Horde since Kirin Tor is alliance. On Alliance side that quest chain starts at Shrine in Vale.

EDIT: Once Isle is opened through the campaign you get daily quests there.

1 Like

Ya, the character Im on is actually an alliance druid. I have done all the Kirin Tor stuff on the Isle of Thunder. I am reduced to doing dalies now.

I have the same issue, ive done all the quests except the dailies and weeklys, currently on ‘Champions of the Thunderking’ I need to get 9 of the Shan’ze Ritual Stones in order to do it… which requires alot of dailies… which is nonsense lmao…but yeah what do i gotta do to finish the chapter??

I just finished the quest that requires 9 ritual stones and have no follow up quests. Not sure what im supposed to do here. didn’t complete the campaign either

I am having the same issue. 8/10. And I have completed the primary KT campaign and on only dailies as well.

Im having the exact same issue.

I don’t see the “Drive Back The Flame” quest for some reason and I did all the quests before that. Does this mean I can’t complete the last part of the campaign?

That quest is on the Timeless Isle once you do a few before it.

Right, I did all the quests leading up to it. The one before was the shrine quest which I completed.

I am 9/10 with Siege of Orgrimmar left. Has anyone been able to complete this?

1 Like

Siege completed for me after the Shaohao rep quest (not the achievement). I think there was a quest or two after, but I don’t remember. More coffee required.

I’m somehow missing Kun-Lai and Townlong, even though I have definitely completed every quest, dungeon, scenario, and raid in both zones.

Ive noticed that the quest chain from Lions Landing /Horde version doesnʻt direct you to the start of the next quest in the chain.
It is just “Thank you hero… bye” and you are left to your own devices to figure out how to start the next step.
Fortunately its usually always from the same NPC at your base.

The SoO finished after I farmed the shao rep and did some quest involving a time item you use in the SoO raid instance for some cutscene. If you’re struggling farming the shan’tzu stones, read the top comment on wowhead.

how did you get kirin tor to complete? and Siege requires the quest for honored with shaohao if i remember correctly. Im 9/10 with just Kirin Tor left, but I’ve done all quests and exalted with them and done the quests you get for being exalted

Yes, I have full 10/10 clear on the campaign(s).

I believe I can elucidate on this topic based on my own experience.

What I found is that one of the steps necessary for the Kirin Tor Offensive campaign to show as complete in the quest log is to complete the weekly quest “Champions of the Thunder King”.

Yes, it resets weekly. I didn’t know this until after I’d done it, myself.

So as you might imagine, because the quest resets weekly, the entire campaign completion for it unflags upon reset. I saw this happen in my own quest log.

This is most likley a UI quest log oversight by Blizzard. The older MoP campaign probably wasn’t designed to take into account the current Retail quest log and campaign tracker.

My opinion is that the fix should involve simply disconnecting any repeatable quests from the campaign completion checklist.

I believe there is a similar situation with the Siege of Orgrimmar campaign, as well, regarding quests tied to Emperor Shaohao reputation.

I hope this helps! I’d love to see Blizzard fix this, if not for Remix, then for the regular Retail quest UI, which is also having this same problem for these two MoP campaign steps.

1 Like

does your kirin tor show complete? ive done those weekly quests multiple times and it doesnt unlock any other quests and it still doesnt show as complete

It did the week that I completed Champions of the Thunder King, yes (after having done all the other steps). Upon the next reset, the quest became available again and the Kirin Tor Offensive was again showing incomplete.

The quest marker is one of the new campaign quest markers (that was introduced after MoP), rather than one to indicate it’s a repeatable weekly quest, which I think is leading to a lot of confusion.

I’m pretty sure this quest just predates their current campaign tracking system and it was accidentally flagged as a campaign quest when it really isn’t (by virtue of it being repeatable).

There is a similar-but-different situation with the Siege of Orgrimmar campaign, whereby you get to the end on the Timeless Isle and the campaign quest indicators for Emperor Shaohao just ends at Wayshrines of the Celestials.

The next step (Drive Back The Flame) requires you complete a daily (Path of the Mistwalker) at least once, but there’s no obvious indicator telling you that (because the daily doesn’t have a campaign flag on it). So this is the opposite problem, whereby a required campaign step doesn’t have a campaign indicator on it.

In short, these are two weird campaigns (compared to every other) where repeatable quests are part of the campaign and kind of break things.

Both seem to be relatively easy fixes by simply making both problem quests not required to complete the campaigns.

If this affected only Remix, I’d not be bothered by the issue, but this is impacting Retail (non-Remix) MoP, as well (which is why I originally created a post about it–as it was affecting the campaign completion on my Retail main). Most of us probably never went back to those zones and noticed the incomplete campaigns there, but there they are.

1 Like

I am not exactly sure what completed it. I just know it took several days of quests and I am not exalted or any of that. I noticed that different days cycle different dailies and some have a yellow (aka non daily) quest as opposed to a blue one. So I think it’s tied to that.

Also yes, I was able to complete Siege and got 10/10 for the campaign. Thank you for the help on that one!