MoP (not Remix) Campaign Quests Unflagged

I was over in MoP zones on my Retail main farming world bosses, and I noticed that several steps in the MoP campaign are now listed as incomplete:

The Kirin Tor Offensive

The Siege of Orgrimmar

Now, just to be clear: This is on my do-everything main with whom I most certainly did all those things back in MoP. This isn’t some alt that just didn’t complete those activities. I’ve got the achievements to prove it.

I don’t know if this bug is related to a change for MoP Remix or something else, but it’s definitely displaying incorrectly. Furthermore, it looks like on the Isle of Thunder, the campaign quest “Champions of the Thunder King” is showing-up as available on the map, which is part of the Kirin Tor Offensive chain. Again, completed long ago.

Update (06-06-24):

The system wouldn’t let me reply to my own post, so I’m just posting an update here with new information.

I’d like to follow-up on this with some additional insight that I posted in reply to another thread.

You can see my response here: Progressing the campaign - #17 by Allyriae-feathermoon

In short, I believe what is happening is that the campaign quest completion tracker is checking for several steps in both campaigns that are repeatable quests. So with every reset, those quests get unflagged, as does the campaign completion.

This clearly seems like an oversight, probably related to the current campaign quest log not properly tracking the older MoP campaign, which apparently included repeatable quests.

The fix is most likely to decouple those repeatable quests from the tracker.

3 Likes

I would like to bump this as I apparently lost my campaign progress with the Kirin Tor Offensive (finished it like a month ago, green checkmark and everything)