Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

And make less gold than farming RFC?

1 Like

This has been the case for a number of years now.

Also has been the case for a number of years.

The only thing they needed to fix was max rank crafts, which I think they are doing something about. That one issue aside, crafting has never been in such a good position.

1 Like

Professions are in Ohio?

For this coming exp I will take my time and WAIT before buying it , if professions stay as they are in DF ,not buying . If the stupid grind for rep is as it was in DF , not buying.If we get as much or more currencies as DF , not buying . I am tired of this foolish way Blizz has developed , sound too much like it is in the game but we don’t want you to have it .This time ill wait and pass if not satisfied

3 Likes

Easy solution… Don’t craft anything… buy wow tokens like everybody else and buy what you need from NoLife farmers on the AH. Saves alot of Karen time about professions if you don’t waste time with them.

3 Likes

I stopped caring about the professions when I realized the crafted high end stuff is really only good if you’re min-maxing. Loot obtained from other places is either better or easier to get.

I do like my personal repair hammer, that’s pretty cool…for the one piece of gear I can use it on lol.

I used crafted epics for S1 and then pretty quickly abandoned them.

3 Likes

Gonna kinda have to agree with OP here…The problem is the game rewards gold via other methods… rendering professions mostly pointless. I mean yea, the gear they put in them is finally good but you dont really need it and can just gear up via raiding or mythic +. I pretty much do the same thing and just level alchemy for the 2x Phial duration.

P.S. The one saving grace of professions to me is xmog - I do think that some of the sets look pretty cool but in terms of player power? meh.

2 Likes

As long the best gear is coming from raids, crafting will be useless.

It was a fun time in Vanilla and TBC, when you could craft stuff that was actually viable and on a similar level to raid drops. Add to this, the resistance gear that was a must have and you have a working economy.

5 Likes

I like the new profession system, they do need to get a grip on the excess surplus of mats tho

They feel like real jobs, but it’s just a video game and supposed to be fun so that’s odd. Dunno why they made professions into a MAU gotcha’ activity. Hopefully TWW has a catch up mechanic for this new crappy DF system.

Also I feel the only people who actually like this new system are people who hate video games and/or only play WoW. It’s so bad lol.

1 Like

Having to switch servers should never be the answer to any problem.

Blizz knows that too. That’s why they have cross realm zoning out in the world, cross realm grouping for PVE and PVP content, war mode instead of pvp servers, region wide auction house trading and so on. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is actually the best that professions have ever been.

But if you really want, sure, let’s go back to Shadowlands method. I went from 1 million to 7 million gold in Shadowlands, entirely because I was able to dominate the market for leather and mail.

1 Like

I really doubt that saving money is the motivation. it is probably more like the resto druid who, for several expansions now, “is in a good place”.

In other words, you got extremely lucky, on a very prosperous server, or server group. Your experience is undoubtedly quite unique.

I know they can put it back the way it was and we would be happy…

5 Likes

I logged on and kept auctions posted, repriced stuff daily, and checked the table at the start and end of my evening play sessions. I dedicated 5-10 min to trade chat posts to sell services during that time.

I wasn’t just lucky, I worked for those returns in game. I just happen to find that aspect of crafting fun. I was looking forward to becoming a specialized crafter for the server. When competition peaked in s3 I hung up the trade and focused on other things for return.

I’ve consistently made good gold from crafts throughout each expansion. It’s just not a one and done strategy, and it’s never been since vanilla (leather working devilsaur patterns/skinning at ewrly raid cycle then it tanked, cloth sales were lucrative for most of the base game, enchanting at the start of each raid tier, etc.).

Mining has been a great gold source multiple times throughout expansions for me. It’s never the entire expansion. If something is yielding a good return, it’ll be automated by people who sell gold for a living.

Even fishing has periods where it’s worthwhile to throw a line in between queues periodically. My server has plenty of competition, and I had crafters target specific recipes and sell for 100-200g over mat cost when the going rate was 1k above mat cost before they entered the market. They paid zero attention to turnover before they started crafting those recipes, and surprise surprise - it wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Crafting? I was talking about MINING. Anyways . . .

“unless they were spending multiple hours a day on a very active and wealthy server.”

My previous point still stands, but I’m happy for you; mining is great fun and it also seems that you’ve had financial success with the crafting professions as well. Good for you!

As for myself, I made a fair bit of gold mining on Windrunner where I started in Vanilla, and then moved to Rexxar when they opened up. It never became as large and prosperous as the larger servers, but I had my fair share of successes. But I don’t know of ANYONE making 100,000s of gold from just mining, unless they were putting in long hours in 2 weeks.

1 Like

I think the original poster wants to go back to the “good old days” when everyone had maxed crafting on all their alts and didn’t need to beg others to make something.

1 Like

Remember when enchanters had to put the enchant directly on your item thru the trade window?

I’m glad that’s gone. Funny memory though. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The order system added in DF is very similar IMO - which is why I find DF professions to be regressive.

I thought we were well beyond the need to spam trade to craft / get something crafted.

3 Likes