Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

Huh that’s true.

1 Like

DF professions was one of the few bright spots DF had for me. I would hate to go backwards.

2 Likes

The biggest issue is tying to the crafting order system to finish. We should be able to max it out on our own as before.

4 Likes

I just sent personal orders from an alt. Isn’t that what everyone did?

1 Like

Yep. But we shouldn’t have to make an alt just for that. That’s the problem.

2 Likes

Blizzard please dont listen to the OP the revamp on professions for dragonflight is amazing.

5 Likes

Craft stuff, put on AH–done.

1 Like

There’s a new NPC orders system. The orders get updated twice a week (like world quests do). They are personal orders to every crafter. They can provide all the mats or some of or none of the mats. They also specify a minimum quality required which early on may be difficult - but the new concentration system may help here.

The rewards for each order may include 1-2 profession knowledge points, a bag of low grade materials, gold and varying amounts of artisan’s aquity (the new artisans mettle). The reward can include a recipe that is discovered through this system and other rarer items. This is the way you get weekly knowledge points and artisan’s aquity. If the UI order is for a recipe you have not yet made yourself you also get those knowledge points. For crafting professions this system replaces the weekly crafting quests. (Gathering professions still have a weekly quest and still get profession knowledge points each week from gathering or skinning). It may happen through luck you can’t craft enough of the UI orders for the weekly allocation of knowledge points. In that case the system should provide you with easier orders the next week and you will be able to make extra catch-up points.

I’m not sure about this new system having played with it on beta (it still has bugs) but it does feel more like being a crafter than sending work orders from alts for useless items.

4 Likes

I was making close to 60-80k/hour in zerith mortis mining and opening chests for the first week of flying. It was the leggo mat farm around the sand area. Boring beyond all reason, but I made a ton of money that week.

Mining in particular definitely has had so very good peaks since MoP, they’re just brief before the bots tank the market b

1 Like

You saying once you placed the points in the wrong profession tree you could change them . I be leave you are still stuck with ones you started with .
By the way how would you know your just a forum troll your 2764 posts prove that .

1 Like

“Finish” what?

In any case, you didn’t. Crafting orders aren’t necessary for anything, although they would get you to max last year instead of more recently.

1 Like

I sank points into Skinning’s Meat Carving tree (which doesn’t even WORK) and eventually dropped the profession entirely, just picked up Leatherworking a couple months into the expansion, and was cranking out max-level items a couple weeks later.

It’s fine.

Well, you’re right about that. This particular character is my latest (out of about 50). She’s alone on a fresh server for me and I just don’t feel like doing it again.

Okay.

I don’t even fully understand where this “I have to do work orders to (whatever)” came from.

A lot of people told me “it’s from the wowhead guides”. Well, those guides were wrong. :dracthyr_shrug:

…what? I said catch up, I don’t mean slowly collecting KP via weekly, freebies, or shards. It’s a lot of work for many alts, and we’re getting closer to TWW. DF professions may be useless in TWW, but some want to complete it, both KP and skill.

1 Like

Its a terrible time gated grind system but it lets gold move around and gets raiders to buy tokens so its gonna stay.

The new crafting system is inferior in everyway beyond grind times then the old system.

3 Likes

This is pretty accurate… I felt pretty much obligated to reroll every single one of my alts to alch to slow the bleeding of gold from flask usage. M+ has always been net negative for gold, but this, plus the sustaining trinket were too valuable to pass up

So… professions are useless for 99% of players, but the product of those professions make 99% of players take up professions to save gold?

I’m just trying to make sure I get this right for my memoir.

2 Likes

Pretty much yeah… if you removed BiS and consumables professions would have zero use to players who didn’t enjoy grinding and afking in cities.

2 Likes

I see. Noted.

1 Like