Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

I like the crafting order system, but that’s it. Otherwise, they vastly overcomplicated professions for 0 reason.

6 Likes

I gave up on crafting just due to how annoying it is to max out a tradeskill in Dragonflight.

7 Likes

The funny thing is I make more money with classic patterns that DF ones. I sell gear that’s patterns were removed in Cata, getting 5k for something that’s mats cost like ~100G isn’t bad. I am however on a RP server where transmog sells more.

3 Likes

at least DMF quests could let you level up proffs past tight spots, now that’s wrecked since they only give 2 points of progress.

just more passive aggressive employment justification from DEI hire devs…

Professions are a massive grind to level.

I don’t even bother.

I’ll just pay someone to build what I want.

5 Likes

Professions and work orders are incredible. They have reached a new level of usefulness, which is undeniable. I’ve earned over a million gold this expansion through tailoring and jewelcrafting without resorting to trade spamming.

The process is very simple and straightforward, greatly simplifying the gearing of alts. It’s possible to fully develop any branch of a profession at the moment. However, it’s not worth investing time anymore; Dragonflight has concluded.

Perhaps removing inspiration procs would be beneficial, as that seems to be a common complaint. I believe they are revising its mechanics for TWW.

1 Like

a million gold is nothing in retail.

if you have fun that’s the point, and it sounds like you did, so, grats!

crafting is now completely optional and I guess that’s a good thing…

for me the fun was getting stat bonuses or useful gear that I could keep for longer than a month or so, now it’s easier to just buy everything and leave it to people that enjoy it.

2 Likes

even mining or herbing old mats makes more gold now…

3 Likes

Crafting is 100% optional, work orders allow you to get your stuff without doing any professions, whereas before the best they had was halfway useable items that were Bind on Craft.

2 Likes

Don’t know what professions are like in the Dragonflight expansion ( I no longer purchase new expansions due to all things Pathfinder) however for me, making the advancement/leveling of professions dependent on dungeon/raid participation is a game changer…literally. I’m an altoholic and depend on my alts to farm and makes items needed to survive. I enjoy doing this !! Not being able to level a profession affects the game immersion for me so I play less.
/wipes tears from eyes

1 Like
  1. You can fly immediately with Dynamic flight, and pathfinder in TWW is to complete the main questline.
  2. You don’t need to do dungeons and raids to level professions.
1 Like

Kiyoko…thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. I’m confused though…I’ve had a few other folks post the same thing about flying in Dragonflight. However, when I research it, I find that ‘Dragon Flying’ is allowed BUT regular (old world) flying is not. IF this type of flying is enabled PLEASE let me know…I would subscribe in a heartbeat if it is. Also, again thanks for also mentioning that leveling professions in Dragonflight does not require dungeon/raid participation. Both these issue are major concerns for me and impact my game immersion.
/bows in respect

1 Like

So, flying in Dragonflight, which is the current expansion until TWW launches on August 26th, is restricted to Dragonflying (Also called Dynamic Flying and Skyriding) until you complete Pathfinder, which requires you to complete the leveling campaign, as well as the 10.1 and 10.2 storylines, and exploring the zones. In the next expansion, I am told there is more ground access, as Dragonflight emphasized flying more than previous expansions, and the straight-line flying becomes available after completing the leveling campaign and exploring the zones, which is typically done as part of leveling to max.

As for this aspect, there are some recipes that come from raids/dungeons, however it is possible to reach max level without relying upon those recipes.

Ahhh…dammm !! Well again cannot thank you enough for taking the time to pass along this info. I will endeavor to remain optimistic that, someday, someone at Blizzard will make the decision to continue Pathfinder restrictions for the folks that enjoy it AND re-enable the old pre-MOP path to flying.
/Thinks to self: some folks here are so wonderful !!

2 Likes

Yeah being patient makes sense.

Beta and PTR is full of bugs, professions are bad like in DF and for Rogues basically no net positive changes.

Easy skip for me early on as TWW is being rushed.

But I will stick around to watch the trainwreck from a safe distance.

Ride the wave.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Yeah I did that without doing half the work required to level it up and acquire pattern PRIOR to dragon flight. That’s like little beer, sorry to break it to you.

The entire redesign of crafting was purely focused on the “social” aspect, which is why it’s a disaster.

1 Like

You mean you don’t get filled with joy when the local gem derp comes over saying 5k a cut before putting him on ignore

That’s a you problem, level it up on your own. You’re not deserving of special discount for something you had zero effort involved into bothering skill up.

Better idea. Lets go back to the auction house and not be plagued by reply bots in trade.