Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

this is pretty much where i am, im stuck at 73 BS with no way to skill up beyond epic crafts. im considering just droping BS altogether

I have to craft TBC weapons for the mogs before I consider that drastic a decision.

You’ll get free knowledge points every week, that’s where the action is now.

patron work orders? So they created a problem and give a half-assed fix. Even some of those work orders required 3 or 4 star results to be completed.

am i supposed to waste epic mats on low grade epic crafted items for skill ups ?

IDK it seems to be working just fine. I’m having no issue making gold. Maybe complain less engage and engage with the system more.

blacksmithing has an easy path to 100 with everburning forge.

And you’re supposed to craft things for other people.

Epic items for skill ups is perfectly fine too. Profs have always been a gold sink.

Also sanctified alloy goes to 80

I agree. They are likely generated by RnG. The problem is that unless you spec into that specific craft for certain professions, there is no way you will reach the quality asked for.

1 Like

Therein lies a huge problem.

You show me where that’s written. I picked blacksmithing back in 2004 so I could make stuff for me AND other people.

They did exactly what players demanded they do, in Dragonflight.

The problem - if you want to call it that - is that the people who were complaining didn’t understand how crafting works, and Blizzard should have just ignored them.

No.

What is it you’re trying to do?

You guys keep griping in these threads, but don’t tell anyone what your goal is.

If “I want to fill the bar to 100 because I just want to”, well, just use the Darkmoon Faire freebie to get the rest of the way, if you aren’t actually planning on doing anything with your profession. :dracthyr_shrug:

Players wanted work orders, so Blizzard created a system to simulate work orders… (because those also include stuff people can’t do.) But leaned on the generous side, so it’s a faucet for knowledge and acuity.

And having patrons give thousands of gold for something simple would be kind of gamebreaking, so here we are instead of everyone getting 20k gold per alt they have per week or something.

They should have just kept things the same as DF but removed that stupid weekly quest immediately.

And the quest they took out was something people were fine with. Craft random stuff for 3kp…

Oh, and a kill quest they also removed. lol.

Now, we dig through dirt for prof knowledge (cause that remained.) And no more shards of knowledge.

Yeah I miss the kill quest. :sob: Was nice to get out of town.

Overall, I think this incarnation of Professions is better than what we had in DF.

The DF system needed a much more aggressive catch up mechanic in place. Unfortunately, that might be true in TWW too, but at least the Concentration system will help to offset some of the problems that arise from that.

I prefer the new method of NPC orders to the previous quests as it at least gives you a shot at gaining skill points in situations where you might normally be bricked.

As a side note, it’s comical that even with Alchemy at 100, I have yet to see a player order appear. I realize that most of the stuff can be auctioned… but still.

One thing I wonder about is the artisan’s alacrity… acuity? Or whatever the mettle is called this time around. Is there another weekly quest where they give you a little bit or is that done?

I do all the patron orders I am able to, and craft other stuff as well… but its drip feeding so slow to me I haven’t been able to craft my own epic blacksmithing hammer and toolbox yet! :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Someone did calculations and it takes about 6 weeks to get enough to make blues. Gatherers 18 weeks to get theirs putting them at a an even worse disadvantage.

Unless they did the herb exploit and shuffle where they already have their blues done.

yea, because with people flaunting having multiple alts at gold cap, which is absurdly high, giving someone 20k for a work order would be game breaking. /gimmeabreak.

1 Like