Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

Dude you’re full of dog water takes uh.
hates skyriding
hates new profession system

Just play another game, maybe cataclysm classic

don’t bother, he’s a professional troll always hating every single aspect of the game without any reasoning or logic!

1 Like

Why would they “put professions back” when they were wildly engaging and useful, making meaningful endgame gear for the first time ever?

What are you talking about? Professions are very important because their crafted gear can be BiS at endgame, I can tell they put a lot of thought into trying to make an engaging system. I think we can all agree it needed some tweaks, (and some of those QoL things are coming with pre-patch and TWW) but overall this system is a massive improvement, showing that professions are meant to matter and be useful. They WANT people to use crafted items ALL throughout the expansion. As we grow in power, so to can our gear right along with us. That’s awesome.

3 Likes

Thanks!! Will definitely check that out. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

All you should need to craft is to gather the resources for said crafted item.

You shouldn’t need a special table or work orders or knowledge

All of the above is unnecessary bloat.

1 Like

It’s called revert it if they can’t figure out a better “solution” than what is going to be offered.

Basically, they layered and complexed it way beyond any sense or point. Well, I guess it does give devs something else to…tinker with, but only for their own enjoyment (like some other design decisions).

2 Likes

Exactly, Shiyo, and the worst part is they carried their “wonderful ideas” into TWW and added some more twists. It was the first time since I started playing in 2009, that I didn’t bother maxing the crafting professions and I don’t plan on maxing them in TWW either.

2 Likes

Exactly, Mafic and Katamere, ranks are crap ideas. The least they could have done is make it where you could combine X number of the lower rank into the max level.

1 Like

I just detest the 1/2/3 diamond everything. Along with all the different physical currencies, which also have 2/3/4 tiers, it’s like Blizzard declared Totaler Krieg on bags and banks.

The trees are incredibly obfuscated, especially given that there is no in-game guide as to exactly what you will get by progressing, which is unique in the game as far as I can think – imagine if talent trees were hidden except for the nodes below the ones you have active, and you couldn’t reset your trees in the event of a poor choice?

I like the flavor of old-time crafting, where gear is associated with specific locations and activities, and is sometimes crafted specifically for the purpose of a particular activity, like one raid – or the crafting recipes reflect their source. I also prefer when crafted gear stats weren’t just an ilvl template.

Also, BoP gating just sucks. I say this as someone who got excellent grades in economics.

It would be great if Blizzard would add more transmog crafting. The return of long lost recipes in DF and BfA (the latter with great pain) is a fun thing for everyone. Bring back more lost looks, and creative new looks …

3 Likes

If all materials became BoP, wouldn’t the price for crafted items go up?

Agreed. Having three ranks of mats was a poor decision and took up too much space.

I am not in beta, but in reading this thread and about crafting updates and QoL updates coming, I believe this will be addressed in pre-patch/TWW to make that much better. I agree that was horrible, especially in the beginning.

We had this in DF with vantus runes for various raid bosses and wings, just like we had in previous expansions as far back as at least 2016.

I’m not sure how this sentiment goes with DF crafting. The beauty of DF’s crafted gear was that it could be upgraded every season without having to craft something new and different each time, and you could completely customize stats (and re-craft to change up your stats whenever you needed) without having to make a completely new piece. Then the embellishment slot allowed you to decide how to make your gear best benefit you with customizable perks on top of that.

Instead of it being the exact same crafted piece for everyone, our gear in DF had more options and could grow with us. I literally crafted myself a piece at the beginning of DF and recrafted it many times throughout the entire expansion to enhance its stats, embellishments, and have it grow with new sparks and enchanted enhancements so I never outgrew it - and I’m currently still wearing it now as a recommended BiS endgame piece. Gear has never been able to do that before, and it’s awesome. It felt even more awesome when I, too, grew as a crafter and was able to do that for myself.

I just don’t understand how people want it to go back to a time where everyone could craft the exact same 2-3 items with the exact same stats that people only used for a week or two on their way to better endgame gear. (But only if they could afford it as a temporary stepping stone.) DF crafting is actually meaningful and useful all expansion!?

1 Like

It would be excruciating. I truly hate gating based on boss kills. At the least, give players a way to grind BoP reagents (which hopefully are BoP for only one patch). If you don’t like killing bosses for Doofus Orbs, then get them with dailies or just general grinding. Etc. Or nowadays whatever Doofus Essence you need to upgrade a piece of gear.

But the boss kill gating exists to keep crafted gear matched to current content level. IMO crafted gear needs to be clearly forked into “gear for Those People” and “fun gear.” I’d rather be making High Society Top Hats than Pounded Tellurium Redoubts. The people who need Pounded Tellurium Redoubts can have the No Fun crafting fork and the rest of us can have the fork with Silly Walking Loafers.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that I also agree with your idea of having more transmog crafting options for fun, as well.

This would be totally cool.

1 Like

I agree with your sentiment here. I think my issue with this aspect of DF crafting is that it is just overly complicated. Crafting ability doesn’t need its own stat sheet nor does it need different grades of reagents.

I don’t understand this addiction to physical currencies that Blizzard has, and I especially don’t understand the gameplay value in loading up bags with items that come in different species and qualities, like if in the next iteration of archaeology, maybe we’ll have three grades of Walrus Stones for each grade of Walrus artifact.

2 Likes

Yes but wouldn’t it alleviate the bot flooding of mats that drive the cost of produced items to nothing? If you have to gather your own mats to make something you’re more likely going to see the cost of produced items go up. I’m not well versed in economics but it makes sense to me.

Which items have nothing cost?

And believe me I do not want to have to kill Chromaggus 100 times for a handful of dragonscale.

best profession system ever.

even the altar of decay wasn’t a big deal as you only had to do a mythic ONCE back when they were easy, and take a second to just keep extending the lockout every week. doing BH keys had no effect on that lockout.

the hard to get mats were always high cost until the last few months when everything dropped.

It was revamped to make it worse for players on purpose. The devs wanted something to troll players into dragged out subscriptions and to “airport oribos” players over to inflate metrics.

All they’ve done is reward spambots and people who harass each other and see “chat pvp” as how to “win” at professions. They 100% need to turn professions back into a solo activity you don’t need to use chat channels for nor walk a mile to a craft station to “engage” in.

They will not roll back professions into a simple solo activity because whoever implemented these changes would get fired over backing it out now. They now have to make it work as they’ve put too many resources into this disaster.

4 Likes

Shame youre not having fun with professions. However, dont assume that the other professions arent worth it.
#Blacksmith&MiningTillTheDayIDie

Gather professions and cooking are the only ones left that aren’t completely trashed up.

If I have to set up spambots and chat pvp over those as well then it’s game over.

Intentional. Cooking was the only one left in a non-revamped state and some dev is now griefing it trying to make it feel worse than the trashed up other professions. It had more engagement than the “revamped” professions for good reason and some dev is afraid of admitting why.

1 Like

Do you have data on that 99.99% of players? I get what you’re trying to do, but obviously that’s a lot of hyperbole. It’s anecdotal, but most of the people that I know that actually participate in professions don’t have these problems.

Obviously different people will have different experiences. Throwing out exaggerated numbers doesn’t really help though, especially when there are plenty areas to make profits and it doesn’t take much to try and find it.

1 Like