Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

because the leveling process is complex and expensive, someone else might as well make the effort and without any benefit from a given proff as in the past, let someone else do it…

truthfully, I haven’t had any need for a crafted item this expansion…

1 Like

I’ll give you expensive, if you are purely doing it yourself it can be a bit pricy. Complex, not at all.

The items are better than they ever have been except for the max rank legendary frames in SL, which were obscene to get.

1 Like

your definition of complexity is not mine. knowledge points locked in stone to produce various items is a bit much.

my gear is always good enough without needing to spend thousands for another ilvl point.

1 Like

But that’s the beauty of work orders: you don’t need to be social. I just look at work orders every time I’m in Valdrakken, fill what’s there, make some gold, and I’m good!

Hmm. I’m not sure how. You can still make yourself good gear or send your alts good gear through work orders.

Now, the completionist part is an issue due to the knowledge points problem. So that I get.

2 Likes

Crafting has never been more enjoyable and close to the RPG definition, where you actually feel like a crafter.

Previous interactions were never closer to it.

4 Likes

It was diffrent and I enjoyed it, i like being able to spec into diffrent aspects of your profession.

But if i remeber correctly they are adding npcs to help you catch up if you fall behind.

Cant wait for my mop hunter to do some engineering

2 Likes

So you went the entire expansion without using any crafted gear? What else are you going to spend gold on? At this point I think you’re being dishonest or you’re very misinformed about crafted gear. You’re hiding behind a level 10 alt so I’m going to go with being dishonest. I have no need to engage with disingenuous people or someone too stubborn to learn a very easy system.

1 Like

Agreed.

BlizZard destroyed crafting professions in DF.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

I really did. just gear from heroics, blooms, raids, etc, and awakened raids.

the catalyst and vault kept me going.

and at the beginning I went prot for everything and gear was simply not an issue.

my main is from vanilla and i clicked on this guy by accident when checking…

1 Like

No we understand. It happens but your feedback has proven to be valuable.

this is what I dont understand they totally revamped mythic plus system on a dime but they cannot but the professions back the way there were or change them that doesnt make any sense to me. I know they can do it I think its just not important to them, Professions now are like an after thought… I dont think they really care about it .

1 Like

Professions were designed with the entire game in mind once upon a time. Current system disregards most of the game and focused on very niche endgame gear with crafting professions

2 Likes

I hate how materials have ranks. All it does is bloat bags by making them take up three times the space. Improved gathering should just give more, and the crafting skill determines quantity of resources and finished quality.

I’d like to see integration with warbands, where recipes are unlocked for the warband itself. This would allow you to change mains or recreate characters (eg. another remix event) without loosing obtained recipes. You’d still need to skill up the profession but not grind for a drop again.
Not much need for sharing in current content, (why would you level the same profession multiple times during the active expansion?), so it could be restricted to previous content.

3 Likes

I think the ranks is what undermines the entire system to be blunt. People say ignore it but the space it takes up is a problem.

2 Likes

They’re selling a mog ($20), 2 toys ($5x2), mount ($25) and 30 days game time (15$) for $50, a $20 bundle savings + 500 tendies. The early access is essentially free for pre-purchasing. I for one will still be buying the epic edition but not until 8/30.
I agree with you on the profession catch-up being a huge issue. If WoW wasn’t free the profession issues (no catch-up, mat and craft quality levels) would be 50% of why I’d quit. At least the warband rep changes should help with the recipe issue, still won’t get some of the rep ones until tomorrow. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I would respectfully like to know how?? I have an archaeologist who I could spend time on. I can’t even make money now on lariats. Wish I had held on to that recipe and sold it later. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

There was nothing to invest in. Professions were useless aside from consumables. Now we have consumables, and every gear slot can have gear worth using for an entire expansion. I got the 2000 items crafted achievement back in March for tailoring. That’s a lot of items crafted for someone who wasn’t trying to get the achievement.

I also agree with the ranking system. It prevents people from dropping professions and hopping on the current bandwagon ruining it for those that invested in said profession. Catch up exist and could maybe use a slight improvement.

I don’t know where you meet these people because I haven’t met a single person in game who thinks the previous system was better aside from people on these forums who don’t craft. Everyone previously ignored professions aside from the bonuses. We actually craft now. The workorder system is amazing. I look forward to any improvements they make.

2 Likes

It’s the classic Mantid Archaeology farm. You farm Mantid Artifacts, preferably on a Dwarf, buy Tol’vir crates, and you sell both the Mantid and Tol’vir keystones.

1 Like

Crafted items not being useless as in most previous expansions is nice.

Everything else is just a time-sink, time-gate, grind, RNG, or annoyance layered one on top of another.

There’s still pre-80 crafted gear. Still pvp crafted gear. Even LFR runners get sparks to make the max-level stuff. What exactly else do you want.

2 Likes