Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

I would hope they would have learned from feedback that we 100% need a better catch up mechanic for professions. If you don’t start right away day 1, or you take a break at all, you fall so far behind

5 Likes

Worst version of crafting in 20 years.

9 Likes

I haven’t had an issue getting work orders done. And every time on my low pop server, it’s always been 5 star crafts and people are always willing to help.

What about it?

There is in fact a lot to be excited about:

Knowledge Point acquisition in TWW will be tied to NPC work orders so everyone is going to progress at the same pace. If you miss some work orders, you’ll have more the next week so you can catch up.

NPC Work orders means there will be work orders. Every time I’ve checked on any of my toons there were never any work orders. I tried advertising in my guild, on the forum, no orders.

I suggest SoulSoBreezy’s crafting guide on you tube. A lot of good info on how it will be so much better.

Yup I came to similar conclusions as well.

They messed up professions so bad in DF.

I wouldn’t say the worst but yeah it does feel bad.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the people saying that crafting is great don’t have the artisan title.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

Blizz knows, but their egos are too fat. They have to trick shareholders into thinking we want this, they can not put resources into revamping it again so soon.
So they’ve added +bonuses to Crafting Order bags in TWW to make people reluctantly engage with Crafting Orders. :joy:

5 Likes

BlizZard does do a lot of game design with EGO. And what they are doing they believe is the best thing ever while ignoring what their veteran WoW community is providing as feedback that the crafting system is not really fun.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

Don’t ever forget shadowlands covs. Jesus the ego.

1 Like

That is more connected to small server conditions than professions and crafting orders.
Low pop servers has less guilds, less players and therefore less crafters, just like small town vs big city.

Nope, it’s a needlessly overcomplicated drool fest.

9 Likes

Crafting is great, just stick to classic patterns.

2 Likes

Yup, it really is, and I love people who are defending it but not testing it… they don’t know.

…like Scotty doesn’t know.

2 Likes

Honestly there is only so much to test. When they came out openly and stated that it is not changing much from DF into TWW I knew then and there it was GG for professions in TWW.

Granted feedback can be presented to improve professions but if BlizZard is so close minded about improving professions it is going to take people quitting in mass to fix professions.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

If professions are somehow complicated for you… then I have no words. There is nothing complicated about professions. lol

2 Likes

Wowhead is easily the worst cheat in the entire game - 10x worse for cheating than TSM. :slight_smile:

there’s just no reason to craft anymore, waste of time and gold for most players.

it’s great for guilds pushing high end content, but the rest of us are just " unimportant"

2 Likes

I have no idea what you mean. I’ve made money off of professions and my guild is a bunch of casuals who don’t do high end content, yet we’re constantly crafting for each other and filling work orders.

:dracthyr_shrug:

That being said… my one beef with professions is Knowledge Points. That needed an overhaul.

4 Likes

We usually don’t agree. I agree with this statement 100% :heart:. Crafting is amazing and actually useful for once. It’s amazing for alts and it’s nice to have crafted gear last throughout an entire expansion.

I’m not sure how anyone finds crafting complicated. It’s very straight forward and I am looking forward to any improvements they make. I made over a million gold this expansion from JC and tailoring. I just made 5k making a ring by logging in and replying to someone in chat.

3 Likes

I’m glad it works for you.

for a player not as social it’s just easier to not do crafting and just use the services of someone who does.

crafting used to be something I did for stat bonuses or for a BoP or just to be a completionist and have all crafts learned and leveled.

It’s seems like all the direct benefit of learning a proff has fizzled.

2 Likes

That makes no sense. How is it easier for someone who is not social to not do the crafting themselves, but to instead work with someone else to get their items crafted?

1 Like