Professions are in a terrible state, no revamp in TWW

Or you could just level it up. MMO aspect are good, just need to fix the tediousness to skill it up and fix the gating. Why you’re always full of bad takes?

1 Like

Why not have it when a CE raider or glad player walks infront of a crafter and /tribute the crafter forcefully turns over all gold and materials to the other player to simulate nobility in a rpg?

Its awful game design but ITS A RPG

Yeah that’s your problem your entitled. Keep suffering.

1 Like

I accept your concession

Now that an irony!

I managed to level them up within a week of release but missed season 2. It’s nothing difficult or time consuming. I’m doing quite well.

Rather than telling me how poorly I did because I “only” made 1 million from trade skills, why not respond with: “Nice! I also made a substantial amount of gold and the new system is great!”. Most people that earn that kind of gold are selling carries. Which is fine, but those people spend many more hours carrying then I do fulfilling workorders. I know, I carried many, many people during the heroic Archimonde age.

It seems there’s a tendency for people to hastily criticize or demean others on these forums. Be better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly it is not that social.

It was more social back in WotLk/Cata but the problem is that BlizZard doesn’t understand how the game has changed since then.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Except for the first time ever, all the way through Dragonflight, crafted pieces were BiS for some classes and specs. Using crafting to fill in missing pieces from raid or that vault pick that you never seem to get is actually viable and recommended. Having people ask me to craft their endgame gear felt pretty good. Wearing endgame gear I crafted myself felt pretty good, too. Professions and crafted gear were viable all expansion, and I hope we continue that trend.

8 Likes

I’ve used the same crafted pieces all of DF. One of the best parts about the new system is that I only had to craft a piece once, and then each new season I just used the recraft system to trade out the old spark for the new spark to increase its ilevel to the new, current max level and stats.

I not only kept, but continued to USE my same crafted gear throughout the entire expansion.

Professions before DF could never claim such viability at endgame.

4 Likes

It’s as if some people don’t even play the game. I don’t understand how anyone dislikes professions at the moment. They have never been this useful. We actually have an economy now with gear that can last an entire expansion. Could it use some improvements? Of course, everything can use an improvement and I look forward to any changes. Gearing alts is super easy now due to crafting.

4 Likes

My biggest complaint is that I cant do everything at the quality expected in a reasonable time period. I like being able to craft everything for guildies and friends. But with knowledge points limited and necessary to unlock recipes, i have to make multiple alts that have the same profession in order to do this - especially with gear crafting like LW, tailoring etc.

And even then comes the struggle of not being able to provide the max quality people want rihht away because I have to spread points out. I don’t like the concept blizz is trying to go for, of being know for one thing like the best axe crafter
Professions are my favorite thing in the game - let me provide everything as long as I’m willing to put in the time to grind it out.

3 Likes

I agree 100% I don’t understand people who think professions are “useless” this expansion. Maybe their definition and ours are different. I think the fact that we can craft endgame gear, or that crafted gear is BiS, or that we can use the same piece of crafted gear all expansion long and just keep upgrading it means that professions are more useful now than ever!

But like you said, everything can use improvement and there are definitely some tweaks that need to be made to smooth things out, (which it sounds like a lot of that has been addressed in beta, fingers crossed) but overall, professions are so much more rewarding and useful this expansion. I look forward to playing the improvements. :slight_smile:

I totally get this. I have crafted in all the previous expansions and all of my friends/guild members have a variety of professions so that together we cover them all. I’m just used to being able to provide everything from my craft for them pretty quickly. It was hard being like, “no, I can’t make those yet, I need 3 more week of knowledge points” or whatever.

Yeah, I understand where Blizz was coming from - they wanted us to get to know each other and be more social and identify “the really good axe maker” on our realm as we focused hard in one facet of our profession to start, but that system sounded better on paper than in actual practice. Plus they provided no way in-game (other than a friends list) to keep track of all the crafters. I also hated spamming trade when I needed a craft, and having to sit in town all night until I could find someone. (Smaller realm.) Some kind of interface for keeping track of crafters and their specialty, or letting me mark myself as “available” for crafting for others to find - even if it’s just a profile thing we mark on ourselves that others can search for - it needed a bit more.

Agreed. I understood some of the time-gating, but weekly caps sucked. Let me put in the time to grind it out further if I want to.

1 Like

Most people I know that were heavily invested in professions pre DF heavily dislike current state of professions.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

What did that look like for them? I’ve done professions to max on all of my characters through every expansion, but mostly just to make stuff for myself and my friends/guild. “Heavily invested pre-DF” just meant I had a stockpile of current expansion herbs in my bank so I could make 100 more pots for raid this weekend and maybe a few extra to put on the AH and get undercut within seconds of posting.

Pre-DF, everyone makes all the same things at the same level within 10 minutes of picking up a profession. Markets were saturated. The few crafted BOEs sat on the AH for weeks and were rarely profitable. Having bad luck on abc profession? Just drop it and in 10 minutes, you’ll be max on xyz profession instead. Crafters pre-DF did not make endgame viable BiS gear. Or they’d make some craftable BOEs that people would use for a few weeks and then get something 10x better in raid.

In DF, crafted gear is BiS for many. With embellishment choices and custom stats, you can make ONE piece of gear and use it ALL expansion as an endgame piece of equipment. Sparks made it so that people could craft viable gear for themselves or alts to fill in the gaps and it actually be useful. And having a crafter recraft each season with the latest spark made sure we got the most out of that piece and were able to continue using it season after season. Our crafts meant something and professions were actually needed in DF.

I’d go as far as to say that pre-DF, I did professions. Now? Now I’m heavily invested in professions. I like crafting my own endgame gear and I like that others come to me to get their endgame gear crafted. I like that professions are actually useful now.

3 Likes

Nope most of us that were in love for professions for years found ourselves thrown out like trash.

Truth is all they had to do to make professions relevant again was to make it relevant to end game. But they decided to throw everything out with the bath water which is why we are entering another expansion with the failed professions overhaul.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

The old system was superior in every sense of the word all it needed was for crests to be consumable items to right click to boe crafted items to bop and upgrade them.

The new system simply rewards thoughtless timegating and grinding alongside spam.

I don’t want to gamble that some derp in trade chat can make my item and early on you had to gamble since you have no way of seeing how the crafter is specced.

I wouldn’t mind a crafting system to fill holes but making embellishments BiS was a poor design move. Crafting shouldn’t become the most important part of gearing next to trinkets.

Crafting should be confined to the crafting table and crafters should be forced to use the order system. Watching trade be taken over by bots and auto responders was an annoyance at best. Let people set ranks on public orders so I don’t have to search people out.

The big take away is crafting devolved in df. It went from going to the ah getting exactly what you paid for to some weird botted system for players who log mythic raider hours doing world quests and standing still.

2 Likes

I agree that some of the time-gating was needlessly bad, especially with no catch-up - I hear this has been smoothed out for TWW.

It’s all a grind - our toons, our professions, reps, renown, etc. Every system in an MMO is a “grind” - this was no more or less so.

Spam is easy enough to ignore - uncheck that box to see Trade or Trade Services in your chat. Again, this is no different than any other form of spam that exists in the game, and spam has existed in this game since the beginning. There’s either spam for carries, those stupid useless BOEs people would try to spam sell back in the day, or going even further back in time… people LFG. If you don’t like auto reply bots, ignore them.

“Early on” - ok, well that’s over now, and things have been fixed so this is no longer an issue.

Many disagree. The fact that there were some crafted pieces as BiS made professions and crafters actually viable at endgame ALL EXPANSION. That’s a HUGE step in the right direction for making professions actually feel useful for once.

Uncheck the box for Trade if you don’t want to see Trade chat. Ignore auto responders. Turn Trade on only when you need something, then turn it back off.

I agree with this. I understand WHY it was that way, but I think we should’ve been able to set ranks on public orders. Sometimes it didn’t matter, but when it did matter, I didn’t want to spend all of my play time sitting in town waiting to find someone. (Small server.) I would’ve loved to put my max rank gem order up on public and gone off to play the game instead.

Better yet, let us edit a personal profile to check a box that we’re available to craft, with our profession linked so people can see our capabilities. Then let us search to find a crafter we’re looking for. OR give us some other kind of interface in-game (like a war board but for crafting advertisements) to mark ourselves available or to search for people who want to advertise their services. Let me “bookmark” crafters so my friends list isn’t a mess of crafters where I can’t remember who does what.

It’s not a perfect system by any means, but the fact that professions are useful and interactive this expansion has been amazing. Now just smooth out some of those QoL issues to make it even better, and we’re good.

1 Like

Ya I got discouraged early on in DF. So overwhelming and not much to show for it.

2 Likes

I like the DF version of the crafting system and look forward to TWW’s version that has minor tweaks.

3 Likes

It is SO much worse now.

1 Like