Profanity in 9.2.5

With the new Social Contract coming with 9.2.5 can I use profanity in chat or not?

2 Likes

Probably not.

With all them overly sensitive people out there, I mean come on they removed decade old picture and turned it into a bowl of fruit.

65 Likes

The question isn’t if you can, it’s why do you need to?

43 Likes

Then same as now, wouldn’t recommend it.

5 Likes

You’re already not supposed to. It’s basically just the ToS again.

19 Likes

Easiest answer is to just turn off general & trade chat. I turned it off in WoD when I saw it was spamming in my garrison, haven’t missed it one bit since.

7 Likes

This is news to me. I thought since the profanity filter was around it was fine.

13 Likes

With all the oversensitive tots id recommend turning off all chat and sticking to discord or any non blizzard affiliated system. You’ll be better off.

25 Likes

Nope, and it’s better that you just turn off chat if you feel you might slip up in the moment and use profanity, or the hall monitors of WoW will get you!

4 Likes

and you can not used any type of symbols to sell it out or %$ as a example

1 Like

It is. It’s not against any rules.

1 Like

Nope. Trust me, that’s been many people’s defense over the years and it doesn’t fly. The filter is a layer of protection, but the rules still say no profanity. I mean one of the standard, quick report options is for “language”. That should tell you all you need to know.

9 Likes

It has NEVER been “fine”.

If you do it and nobody reports you, then you got away with it. If it does get reported, you might be actioned for it.

You take your chances every time, so be careful where you drop those 4 letter words.

4 Likes

im still gana use it. just not at someone.
it might be trashy but i am a trash burglar.

3 Likes

Please show where it violates ToS.

1 Like

Here might be a better example of why it isn’t now or never has been okay.

Read the GM response at the end carefully.

10 Likes

Personally, I don’t trust people who don’t cuss.

27 Likes

Exactly. If they’ve never cussed in their life than somethings off about them and id rather head for the hills than deal with them.

12 Likes

lets hope they do not go with back 4 blood route
they recorded you’re voice coms

Oh my bad. Code of Conduct. Not ToS.

7 Likes