Princess Theradras changes, no longer kiteable

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

I bet Dire Maul is going to be the same, I bet blizz broke the solo tribute farms.

These weā€™re far from perfect with emulating the game, see front-shredding builds for Druids among many other things that are impossible on the official Classic servers.

Better netcode has benefits and downsides.

And yet their artificial leeway and batching mechanics causes many problems whereas the absence of those on private servers made the gameplay actually smooth.

Iā€™m waiting the real release of PvP before lambasting them over this, hopefully theyā€™re looking into feedback over these. Batching do have benefits tho, such as Druids being allowed to use consumable in forms.

You can easily DoT her down using the big rock. I can confirm this worked as of last week. Whether itā€™s been fixed since then, I dunno.

Iā€™m not particularly hopeful until they actually announce theyā€™re removing it or toning it down. Also Iā€™m pretty sure a macro to drop form, use a pot, then pop back into a form can be done without batching whereas batching is causing glitches with Vanish, Feign Death, and leeway is making hunter PvP unreliable at best.

So you CAN do your gold farming, just not abusing a mechanic like you did before!

Suckstobeyou?

True but batching guarantees thereā€™s no chance for a swing to go off between your shifts. I donā€™t disagree its pretty shifty for other stuff though and wouldnā€™t mind to see it go (Blizzard could always just allow Druids to pot in forms at the same time but heh).

Iā€™m a PvP Hunter at heart so i feel you there too tho, been holding on lvling one on Classic partly due to that (and partly because im working on 3 different gearsets for this guy -.-)

Ive done it unless its been changed in last day ot 2. I no longer use my pet i find it harder.

This is beyond stupid. Complaining that you canā€™t solo the endboss of a dungeon anymoreā€¦ you need to get over yourself.

But you can still kite her as a warlockā€¦ easily.

1 Like

What? Making it impossible to solo farm Mara is actually a change, and isnā€™t authentic. Itā€™s possible to farm her (and Warlocks are better) but itā€™s different than how it used to be.

The pet is used to bait out dust storms, which let you use Aimed Shot and Multi-Shot for more damage.

Like i said i find it harder. I use ranked 1 multi shot and arcane shot.

Why would it be harder? It just makes her stop in place to let you use a powerful shot.

1 Like

ā€¦. I donā€™t really care one iota about Hunters or Warlocks soloing bosses as it relates to an ā€œauthenticā€ experience. Thatā€™s not something worth preserving in the first place. And Iā€™m a Warlock in classic.

Ive done Dozens and dozens of Princess runsā€¦ and Sold ring runs many times in the past 3 weeks. Its easily done and i have it to under 6 minutes easily. Put your pet on stay, then when hes beside her, put follow. Usually my pet will take a hit, sometimes 2, and often survives the fight. Even if pet dies, use the boulder throw, move to range multi+auto, keep moving and repeat. Honestly its not that hard and any hunter at 60 can do it.

Over 300 solo princess kills myself. This thread should be left to die.

1 Like

Everyone repeat after me: Classic WoW is a remastered version of vanilla WoW. Adapt or die.

If you have a cat with 80% dash its pretty easy to have it attack once and then put on follow during the dash to trigger dust without her being able to hit the cat. May take a few attack/follows to trigger but you can get as many dust triggers as needed in the fight without risk of pet dying.

I found this to be a lot more reliable than having it hug her while trying to catch up to you. Idk if it works without dash or with lower level dash.