Princess Theradras changes, no longer kiteable

people rolled hunter/warlock specifically to farm this? no.

I haven’t yet but I will. Was an easy way to generate income for alts so figured I’d do it until DM farming is viable.

Yes.

Your private server shenanigans won’t work.

2 Likes

Princess, along with mobs being kited in general, are broken. Attacks get qeued up the longer you kite until the npc gets a 5x instant attack when it catches you.

You can reproduce this every single time, and this is why hunters are struggling to trigger the fart with their pets.

This may just be another case of players being confused by private servers getting things wrong.

Can anyone provide an actual Vanilla showing that what’s happening on Classic isn’t authentic?

4 Likes

Yup! Here are FOUR videos

mages vs princess
lock vs princess
druid vs princess
hunter vs princess

You can easily tell by all of them that princess moves much faster now than in actual vanilla - look how the lock is barely kiting it. Also that princess hits like a wet noodle in vanilla compared to now. Notice no one being flurried x5 when they get caught? Our princess theradras is not right.

4 Likes

I’d imagine some of these little stunts will be fixed. Otherwise WoW Classic would turn into who can remember how to do the most cheese to advance the quickest.

Blizzard is going to find out real quick they will have to do balance changes and fixes to keep the classic population stable. SoE/Daybreak learned this over a period of a decade with their progression servers. Hell some of their raid bosses have had their damage doubled or tripled and HP pools increased by 2-5x, with additional modern mechanics to make them interesting.

I’m sure we’ll see the same with WoW Classic over time. There’s going to be things changed as things that didn’t make sense in 2004, won’t make sense in 2019.

For those of you going “I want my classic 100% like it was in 2004… everyone else can go back to retail if they don’t like it” Take from a veteran Progression server player, you’re in the minority here. And Blizz is going to want to keep the majority playing and paying.

1 Like

Actually, this sounds like a great change, if it is even a change at all.

You cannot trust private servers to have properly modeled mob behavior.

I want Blizzard to fix bugs. These instances were not put in the game to be farmed repeatedly for gold so if fixing a pathing bug breaks that, I have no issue with it.

1 Like

I’m simply raising the question. Was it a bug then or now?

I have no opinion, it’s just a thought to consider.

Looks like in patch 1.3 they made her dust field ability “more intelligent”. I believe you’re supposed to be healing your pet as it tanks her too.

They’ve been fixing the bugs. If it’s something that was not meant to happen and is detrimental, they’ve fixed it. If it’s something that they didn’t expect at the time, but is not detrimental, they have not fixed it (or have changed it back to that way).

What they consider detrimental is the hard thing to gauge.

You’ve got that right!

Staysafe just sacs his voidwalker for the healing and doesn’t use a minion.

That’s a creative take on it!

Nice, thanks for the video.

I think I can summarize your complaints with a phrase that will make princess farming indeed quite profitable.

Git Gud.

1 Like

TLDR she’s totally farmable and kitable and OP just needs to git gud

3 Likes

Alexa - Remind me to play my tiny violin for Hunters as I auto-attack Furbolgs with a full blown Holy spec

5 Likes

nice video!