Mobs auto attacking multiple times in less than a second

Also I have noted this in particular but something funny is going on because in groups I randomly see tanks get one shotted every now and then with no explanation.

2 Likes

I had this happen today to my warrior in EPL at those ziggerut’s with the spider mob inside, it happened not once, but two times in a row. Each time the mob would be casting his scarab ability at range and when i approached him i would get hit for about 2,000 damage in a second, followed up by TKO a second later [2,000+ more damage - this is raid boss type damage]

In this case i could visibly see as i lay there dead and looking at my combat log while not released, the dozens of scarabs under him that should have just hit me as a spell cast. The bug saved those charges up and unleashed them every time i or someone else got into melee range.

Working as intended.

Okay, so a lot of people really don’t understand how the game works. The reason you are being auto attacked 3 time is because that is a standard mob ability. It’s called Thrash (There are other abilities with different names, but they do the same thing) Basically, Thrash is a spell that is used by mobs that allow them an extra attack, usually 3. The cooldown is a few seconds to which they can use it again.

WPL, and more specifically EPL, are max level zones and mobs are supposed to be tough as they aren’t meant to be “easily farmed.” Same reason why many mobs apply awful 30 min+ diseases.

Hope this clear any confusion up.

1 Like

To assume you are correct that this is not a bug, why am I being attacked 5 times instead of 3 times in less than a second in the picture I posted above? The fact that you stated mobs allow them to have an extra attack, usually 3, precisely explains why this is a bug that a mob is attacking more than that. Even wowhead specifically states thrash “gives the caster 2 extra attacks.”

4 Likes

As I stated, and maybe should clarify, usually 3, for specific, read lower, ranks of Thrash. Higher rank versions hit for 3 attacks + 1 = a total of 4 attacks. The undead don’t use Thrash, well some do, they use another attack but I cannot remember the name of it.

Also as I stated that is fairly typical of the mobs in EPL due to the fact that it was endgame content. The mobs aren’t meant to be farmed or easily killed. Which is why most people formed groups for those quests - not to mention for the pvp as well. Argent Dawn rep was highly sought after for many in Vanilla.

Hence the harder mobs being justified.

2 Likes

You are misunderstanding the post. Thrash, for mobs that have it, is an on-hit ability, NOT a cast that is stored. What’s happening, and happening every single time, is that NPC’s are storing auto attacks x5 when they catch you. If you want actual proof specifically of Princess Theradras NOT behaving that way in classic, look at the 4 videos I just posted, 32 posts down, in this thread Princess Theradras changes, no longer kiteable - #32 by Affix-herod

But as being posted, this problem is happening with a variety of creatures, and more noise will get made as more players are 1-shot randomly in dungeons and raids, like by the time half the raid trash is being kited in BWL?

3 Likes

Just made a gif as I can replicate this easily:

https://gfycat.com/whoppinggrandioseicterinewarbler

3 Likes

bump for visibility

2 Likes

Bump, check your combat logs!

Can we get an answer on this? Is there any reason npc’s should be able to hit you with a 5x reckoning bomb?

2 Likes

came here after getting 1 shot by princess. 5 autoattacks instantly.

been used to this mechanic throughout leveling in classic, happens often when mobs finally catch me after a fear. seems inconsistent though i never looked into it

2 Likes

Bump for awareness.

1 Like

Bump.
imgur. com/a/11BcUpA

(remove the space since I can’t post links?)
Emperor one shot me in a “single” hit. We were using the kite strategy, where you jump down when he enrages. I’m almost certain I experienced this on Eranikus in ST as well, which makes that encounter hard as hell.

How is this still not addressed? This seems like a bigger issue than anything else currently noted in the game. I was wondering the entire time leveling why on occasion random mobs, regardless of level, will just hit me 2-3 times by the time they get to me, but today I tried to do some solo farming on elites and got oneshot by an elite that decided to hit me 6 times in one go for 400-700 each.

4 Likes

Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump

Because I haven’t hit this post in a while.

1 Like

Bump. This is an absolutely game breaking issue and need emergent attention.

My guess is when she finally hits you, its an auto+trash+auto=5 hits all at once.

That gif you posted in on a mob that has the “Thrash” ability, granting 2 extra attacks. This issue is a real thing though. Mobs that don’t have thrash are doing this sort of thing.

It’s not “Thrash”.

I just got almost one shot by Princess Theradras.
A fellow warlock kited her around and I went in melee range to finish her.
She just looked at me and hit me for 1.6k dmg (5hits) in less than a second.

Combat log just listed all the hits but nothing about “Thrash” (it does on mobs that use it).

I have seen this with other mobs, too.

My mage friend just got 1 shot by Emperor with 5 hits in 1 swing. 3k effective HP gone in an instant. BUMP FOR BLUE RESPONSE. This is actually game breaking and we need answers Blizz.

1 Like

that’s what thrash is, if they can’t hit something for whatever reason, they queue up the attacks and unload on the next viable target.