Priest 10.1 Tier Set Bonuses

Too bad about PoM losing value in M+, but I think it’s still going to be a nice pickup for these dungeons that’ll have poisons and diseases spread around. PoM is my favorite priest ability either way, so I am biased.

Can we take our Holy Fire cleave talent, Say Your Prayers, and Miracle Worker + Divine Image? If so, that’s more Holy Word usage for Divine Image uptime, and even that should be decent in M+. Or am I too optimistic? Either way, I am looking forward to it.

Say your prayers isn’t very good in M+ for the same reason PoM isn’t - it just doesn’t bounce - so there’s no point to reducing charges spent.

Spread AoE diseases in Brackenhide might get your PoM to bounce, but there’s nothing I can think of in next season’s dungeons that really does enough ticking AoE damage to make your PoM bounce. Pretty much stuck with Bursting/Grievous weeks, and we might be losing those considering they’re talking about redoing affixes.

That said, standard build will probably be to grab one of the renew talents down to Miracle Worker and Divine Image. While DI is out, it’s stronger than Lightweaver currently.

1 Like

Disc - I like the 2 piece. The 4 piece is interesting. Assuming you are using SC and Penace on cooldown, it’ll be up 2/3rds the time. I’m not sure what the implications are… but I’m wondering if Purge the Wicked will no longer be a mandatory talent still for dark discipline. It always felt really weird.

Shadow- So much is changing, it’s hard to say. The 2 piece looks ok. 4pc? Ugh i dunno. I feel like unless your running Y’shaaj 5 seconds of SF every now and then is pointless. I am worried that if you are running Y’shaaj at a certain haste level, this may become too good. Even now, i can extend MB to almost 30 seconds. With this? I could see it going up to 40. With that kind of uptime, no idea how you balance any other option.

You can take all of that. I only take Say your Prayers because it’s the only way to path down to the right other than a Renew talent (I don’t cast Renew often in M+).

In 10.0.7, Miracle Worker + Divine Image is probably going to be my new build I play with.

1 Like

For Disc Sets, if you only consider the set itself,it looks fine better than 9.2 and 10.0 one. But if you have a look at Rdruid and Evoker one, wtf is this. You have your Penance in CD and get 5s more Shadow conv with only MB?It is not a problem if all sets bonus buff a little but they should be consistent. How you guys can design several unbalanced set bonus at the same time. If Rdruid tier set is 100,envoker is 75,disc is 10 and holy is 1 for m+

1 Like

Wouldnt that be completely useless in ST? Or im missing something? A chance to get a tiny insanity ?

In PTR testing we send out WAYYYYY more apparitions (because of screams of the void and the shadow word pain chance node.

If it was split damage it’d be good in ST and aoe
like let’s say 20% on 800 apparitions in a fight to do 20k damage would be 3.2m damage.
add in insanity generation, let’s say its 2 insanity, that’d still be a immense increase to insanity generation, considering how badly it was nerfed.
Also damage, just depends, values obviously would be different but this is just to show how split damage would work well for ST

Shadow 4 pc is complete trash and an actual joke, not even debatable. They nerfed the insanity gain too, so you’re literally going to be able to use the crappy FIVE second Shadowfiend proc (it does OK damage at 15 seconds, 5 is useless) every 1.5-2 min if you’re lucky. Useless in PvP. Just leave the haste proc on DP and stop touching Shadow you buffoons.

you know whats funny? Looking at your character…youre pvp player and while you mentioned that 4p is trash (which it absolutely is btw), you didnt even mention 2p …which is based on proc…that was nerfed to oblivion specificaly for pvp :rofl:

Its like if they are trolling us.

1 Like

Yeah it’s all a troll dude, I’d just given up. The 4pc stands out even more since it is the ‘final’ tier so you know… you’d expect it to be at least significant if you collect/use 4 pieces of this specific gear. If it read +2% flat increase on haste I’d even be happier.

Just the first couple lines of their first PTR post is all you needed to read to see it’s a troll, “a, b, c, d, e, f talents/abilities all removed”. NOTHING of remote equivalence added in its place. Instead, they broke apart existing spells/talents and even removed levelable points off others. April Fool’s is coming up though, they could just admit this is horrid and pass it off as an April Fool’s joke.

if one is already out the proc extends the current MB by 5 secs instead of summoning a second one?

That’s gotta be the way it works. Can’t imagine it working any other.

Final tier? What are you talking about? It’s a subpar 4p with current tuning for sure, but this isn’t the final tier so don’t expect a 25% boost or anything from it.

Probably summons a second one, i mean why wouldn’t it? It’s not treated as a guardian so you theoretically have multiple.

dude, context… I’m replying to someone in relation to the 2pc.

How is the 2pc a “final tier”?

I’m ltierally asking you in what context is this the final tier.

You’re just misunderstanding him. He means final “tier” of the set bonus. Not the final tier set.

1 Like

Ahh gotcha, oh then yeah for sure, the 4p should be better than the 2p. There’s been few sets where the 2p was better than the 4p, at minimum those usually just wind up changing places.

I did a rough sim in JavaScript when the tier sets got announced and was averaging like 25 charges per cast, and often getting lucky up to 110 charges on a cast lmao.

But that was assuming a perfect world where everyone is taking dmg non stop and with 20% split and 20% chance not to consume (talent is actually 15%)

But suffice to say, with that and apotheosis procs and naaru per power word I think it might be nuts.

Could imagine a scenario where everyone is using self dmg potions lmao or 3 warlocks