Pride month is coming soon. In-game ideas and suggestions

Why does blizzard make it so you can’t block people who put their profile on private?

1 Like

Then you need to work on your critical reading skills. And you need to look into the history of Stonewall. You’re being told some things happened and some “leaders” initiated it; a lot of that is pure mythology. Stonewall was not what we’re being encouraged to think it was.

1 Like

Given their stances, I’m skeptical about their takes being in good faith.

Im delighted and purchased 2 of them when they came out. I’m just sad that there’s nothing in-game to celebrate. Blizzard can do better I think and I hope they have some event in the future.

Okay move it to July or August; June isn’t even midsummer anyway, as summer literally doesn’t even start until June 21st. Also why is there a midsummer festival when the weather is basically the same year-round in every zone in the game? It’s because they got that from IRL, but you don’t hear people saying midsummer festival is bad because IRL stuff should be kept out of the game! They only say that about things they don’t like, such as gay people!

I don’t think Blizz made these forums, I think they just took the easy way out and got some forum software like an early 2000s neckbeard starting a local DnD forum. But you can block people whose profiles are private :+1:
Whatcha’ do is:

1. Click your avatar over at the top right
  2. Select Preferences (far right tab, looks like a little person)
  3. Select Preferences again
  4. Over on the left you’ll see “Users”, click that
  5. Then you’ll see a box that says Ignored, click the Add button
  6. Start typing the users name and hopefully you memorized their avatar and choose the right person :slight_smile:
  7. Select a timeframe and click the Ignore button at the bottom
1 Like

Can’t do it can you?

I mean, its never been an issue in universe so there would be no story reason for it, only meta reasons sooooooooo . . . shrug

King here, recognizing another King. Thanks, King.

There are people in this thread, and others, that appear to think that calling someone “phobic”, or any variation without substantial proof, is not considered libel for defamation of character. It also violates the code of conduct we all agreed to prior to posting here.

It is a personal insult, that if written in most places could be grounds for a lawsuit. I suggest thinking carefully before throwing around such strong words towards fellow gamers, and people in general. I will continue to do my part in reporting such forum violations as I come accross them.

2 Likes

Personally I would be OK with this. Just in the same vein that I believe some Christian WoW players would appreciate a WoW-version of Christmas being in the game, despite not mentioning Jesus at all.

Christmas is in game. Lights, presents, and the like. lol, Feast of Winter Veil

Jesus has been long removed from the majority of Christmas. Not sure what your point is with all that.

As you don’t need the mention of pride or lgbtq then just roll play when love is in the air is going. It checks enough boxes. Midsummer fire Festival is around the corner, roll play during that. Sorta like Jesus people roll playing during Feast of Winter Veil. See it’s easy

I disagree with about 99% of your post. I gave you the answer however that I would be OK with a Pride event that didn’t mention LGBTIQIAP+, but rather just had rainbows and other flare, and yet you were clearly unhappy with that.

Looks like you didn’t ask the question sincerely in the first place, and tried to set it up as an attempted trap for the person you originally asked.

I guess they already knew that of you, hence why they ignored you haha.

2 Likes

Might want to reread the question, it specifically says,

You responded with

I do understand why the OP avoided the question, not because it seemed like entrapment, because it does set the stage for the OP to be 100% clear.

Blizzard just don’t do the real life holidays as they are in real life. They put there own spin on them, this is cool and fun. So for those that want to they can just call them by the real life holiday and roll play it a bit.

If OP want’s the full meal deal with a actual Pride event, that is asking Blizzard to go against their chosen art style of writing these holidays. I would think that would be a bit on the greedy side to expect such a change for just one particular group.

Yup, and I think a Pride themed Micro Holiday would be perfect for June!

Doesn’t need to mention Pride or LGBTQIAP+ but it can be related to acceptance and tolerance, it can even tie in with cross-faction themes.

I would however want to see rainbow fireworks, rainbow transmog eg: tabards be available for collection.

1 Like

Well I don’t see it on the in game calendar. It is possible Blizzard has some ideas for it later down the line next year or something. But… The issue of it turning into a crap show like we see on the forums, but in game, is reason enough for Blizzard to take 10 huge steps back.

Maybe it would be better to just do a cross faction thing like you said, a day for everyone to get along and play games. People from all walks of life can take it how they want, a stand against hate, a show on inclusion, or just more fun and games in Azeroth.

Can we just disagree completely, so that the OP can be delusional and accuse ALL of us that we are phobic to his ideals and move on with our lives?

2 Likes

Just give me this.

This mount is all I want.

This is all I desire from the devs.

2 Likes

I don’t respond to you because you are a known troll. Simple as that. Pride is a great event that would be a great addition to WoW.

No. I don’t call everyone phobic, just those who are acting so and I am justified in calling them out as well as swiftly report them.

yes please :blush:

Just put a vendor in the game during the month that sells LGBTQ+ themed transmogs for people who want to display them and then leave everyone else alone about it.

1 Like