Pride month is coming soon. In-game ideas and suggestions

Pride is pretty contentious. Gay here and I view Pride as nothing short of bourgeoise, big city, Americentric commercialized queerness. It has become a distraction and the equivalent of an analgesic to numb us all to the ongoing crises in the gay community.

Can we ditch Pride altogether and get back to making actual social change? Asking for a friend.

8 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t take him seriously. He named himself “pet” does anything need more be said lol

2 Likes

Well true, he is Talonel’s pet i guess.

But i just really hate how these fake progressives just demonize anybody who don’t agree with them, even LGBT people with such excuses. Like that alone tells how much they don’t care about representation.

2 Likes

Why are you confused? I spelled it out in my thread. June is pride month. It’s next month. Now is the best time to give feedback for blizzard to implement for June! Other games celebrate pride, why not wow?

1 Like

Citation needed. Prove it. Show a list of these games. Real games.

1 Like

What’s so unreasonable about asking for a pride event in game, that other games already do and have gotten praise for doing so? It’s clear you don’t even read my thread, you just look at the title and post outrageous claims.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever posted a thread of my own about this; in fact, I don’t post threads generally. I have only posted two threads in the past year: one was on my vulpera warlock Satan (from Bleeding Hollow), and the other was on my Zandalari troll druid Treeaboo (also from Bleeding Hollow), and both were on the PvP board and were not about LGBT issues!

It’s actually a great druid name, especially considering it’s not obtainable by anyone else and because I leveled this druid as feral back in WoD. I also have “Treant” on Moon Guard.

Do you want me to find out since OP doesn’t know what the burden of proof is? (let alone humor, infact i’m going out on the limb to say he doesn’t know anything what he’s talking about) I’m like already writing this down from the article.

1 Like

Okay, this already exists.

Realistically, it’s a movement sponsored by corporations because it’s incredibly safe and boring. Sorry, these are sad facts about the “trans movement”, you are a tool used by corporations to sell plastic crap to morons.

Your “movement” isn’t new. It’s just a different rendition of previous “movements” that came before it. It’s counter culture BS, wrapped in a PC bow, sponsored by the people you probably hate.

The awareness you want, it’s already been around since like the 80’s and 90’s. This is 30-40 years late, and you aren’t adding any new notes to this song.

You’re demanding sexual representation in a game that includes in its audience children, and doesn’t even have that kind of representation in general for any group. Why do you get special treatment?

Further proof you didn’t read my thread, I already mentioned other games that have celebrate pride through various ways. Easily verifiable with a google search.

1 Like

No, we read it. Look, have you seen Trade chat on a given server on any random Tuesday? That dumpster fire can’t even agree if the sky is blue or not. Think every player will just unite as one during a Pride week? I wish it were that easy, I do, but I don’t really see it happening in this community. I’ve seen too many users who think they have free reign; sayibg and doing whatever they please behind an online alias in game. The abortion topic was an absolute MESS when it was fresh.

Burden of proof lies on you son. Prove it.

1 Like

This one is going to be fun! Where are all the gay couples in the world? Unless they show it outwardly, you don’t know, you do get that right?

At a cursory glance, I think it’s hard to not be aware that most of the engagement we have with NPCs is cursory at best. We don’t get to know them at all. How do you know they are not X? You bring up a couple of story lines and say well this, when it’s not the case at all.

To put this bluntly, people’s orientations are none of your business. And no one requires a name tag to satiate you.

3 Likes

…Except homophoba isn’t canon in Warcraft universe. Nice try though. :point_down:

6 Likes

Why not veterans day? It can easily be implemented using town guards and soldiers of both factions.

These events are player-driven. There was one done in 2021 by Feathermoon where they did a Troll Run but they’re active on reddit so I’m not sure if GD saw it. I’ll probably post about it in the LGBT megathread if I see it for this year for anyone who’s interested. But I can’t make any promises cause I might forget lol

i agree with you whole heartedly! I was thinking about this myself, there is the mega thread for this so why not post in it out of curiosity?

In the near two decades that WoW has existed, there have been a ton of characters in heterosexual relationships (and you know because they tell you so and sometimes even have an on-screen wedding) and there are only two in a same-sex relationship unless you count stuff from the books that no one reads, so either there’s a representation imbalance or all the gay characters are keeping their homosexuality more secret than the str8 characters keep their heterosexuality a secret, which would be weird in a universe that supposedly doesn’t have homophobia

Okay so the guy whose writing people complain about all the time and the guy who is often accused of not really knowing the lore says there’s no homophobia in the WoW universe?!

If this isn’t bait, you need to go outside.

Have you? Other than the two you listed, do share more! Again, they rarely focus on relationships, and most people hate those lines straights included.

So tell me, why are you ignoring the part of the NPCs? I know why, but do tell us? We have no idea who they are going home to, yet you assume everyone is X.

That’s a you problem.

2 Likes