Pride month is coming soon. In-game ideas and suggestions

If there was a different pride event, I’m unaware of it. The month of June is considered pride month.

The goal of pride is to make awareness and educate the public on lgbt+ issues and the history of the movement. I’m confused on what you mean by end goal? This isn’t some work project… that you complete in a few months. This is a movement with years of history always expanding and providing a community.

Yeah…you’re obviously a bad faith poster too. A genuine person would look at the clear rule breaking and the people who are begging the OP to stop and be like “ok, yeah, you’re maybe right…” instead of looking for justifications for something you have openly admitted is rule breaking. No, the ends don’t justify the means. You’re either with us or against us is a phrase only used by people like George W. Bush.

2 Likes

So anyone who doesn’t like the OP’s obvious trollbait is a homophobe, including the LGBT members who are vocally against it?

Got it.

5 Likes

I know you’re just trolling to get a rise out of the lgbt community, but a holiday about steak is not the same as a holiday about lgbt pride. I don’t know how you could even compare the two, but clearly you are trying to downplay the importance of pride.

1 Like

Why would i troll about steak? Seems counterproductive.

Steak is a legitimate cause all should strive for. Its tasty.

1 Like

Thank you Tuullnn for understanding the issue at hand. It’s a shame that others are completely missing the point simply because they don’t like your threads :\

In the case of str8 people, it depends on how mad they seem about it. If they’re super outraged then they’re probably homophobic.

In the case of the LGBT people who are mad at the OP, they’re just mad because they think it’s their job to do PR for the LGBT community, when in reality, anyone who is homophobic after reading one of the OP’s posts was obviously homophobic before they read it too

I’m all for being united and such with diversity, but the last couple weeks have been these kinds of posts where I just scratch my head.

1 Like

There is already tons of diversity in game. There are Elves, Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Panda, Vulpera, Worgen, Trolls, Tauren, Demons, Demon Hunters, Draeni, Orcs, Arakkoa, Mogu, Dragons, Goblins, Furbolg, Murlocs, Ogres, Kobolds, Undead, Satyr, Quillboar…
…its a long list.

Lots of diversity.

Okay i got to know… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

/google

The mobile version of DC Comics’ fighting game Injustice 2 found itself in hot water earlier today after announcing an in-game challenge meant to celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride Month. The problem was that the event tasked players with beating the crap out of Poison Ivy, a canonically bisexual character, hundreds of thousands of times. A strange way to celebrate!

“That’s hilariously tone deaf,” wrote one ResetEra user in response to a promotional tweet, which has since been removed.

“At least they got the rainbow profile pic,” wrote another, pointing out the hypocrisy that corporations employ every June to appear progressive on LGBTQ+ issues by simply adding rainbows to their logos.

“Ah, the beloved pride celebration of repeatedly punching a barely clothed bi woman in the face,” wrote a third.

Okay i’m a little weirded out by this…

Because isn’t in the comics, movies or games, Posion Ivy’s the villian? Idk, i don’t follow Batman, i just play Arkham City and going off a few of 90’s shows, as well the Kiling Joke cartoon. (also, wasn’t Batwoman straight in that cartoon?..)

Plus, isn’t this a fighting game?.. Where people go and essentially beat the crap out of each other?.. Injustice storyline aside?..

And why i have a sneaking suspection, the more i read this article, that if it’s the other way around, it would be seen as completely a-okay?:thinking:

And why this person writing the article acted somewhat surprised that a fighting game has challenges that relates to fighting? :point_down:

I’m not a developer by any stretch of the imagination, but it couldn’t have been any harder to design than what was ultimately programmed into the game for this event.

I’m honestly curious on which they think is the better way to handle this then. Because if were saying that violence towards BI is bad (Whether it be against or as them) then pretty much that crosses off the challenges more or less. so now what? just cosmetics? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You see, if you were actually LGBT+ or even an ally you would know that the result of that is harassment against LGBT+ people.

While some of us on the forums are pretty resilient, not everyone is. Imagine being a trans poster who is dealing with some severe depression and are escaping their troubles through gaming. They come to the forums to find information and decide to give some other threads a read. They see an LGBT+ thread and give it a read only to find it’s brimming with hate, they don’t want to look but they can’t look away from the poorly moderated train wreck. Because they have depression and are trans, their likelihood of an attempt to end their lives is 2/3. Those who have made an attempt at more likely. Maybe for said trans person they succeed and become a statistic.

If you were actually attentive you would know that these awful troll threads will get locked or 404ed but it’s very common to see the people posting hate to continue to use the forums without any interruption meaning more often than not nothing is actually done.

So these threads offer no value, only serve to harm LGBT+ people, as do the people who condone then.

8 Likes

Na, this thread is more like this…

1 Like

Why do we need to celebrate the sexual identity of people constantly?

1 Like

This is a troll thread designed to drum up hate against LGBT+ players by making us seem like we’re making unreasonable asks.

3 Likes

Says who? You? I don’t think people are “outraged”. Topics like these have a place, but man do they get old. For every person who green-lights this topic, you’re going to get people who dislike this topic just as much.

Personally, this topic is a nothing burger. I’m for diversity, but I don’t think a Pride Day/week is going to happen in-game. We’re just discussing something that wouldn’t happen.

"The other side is toxic, evil, horrible people.

My side is all good, altruistic, smart people.

Any toxicity from my side is clearly 100% the other side pretending to be my side."

The cognitive dissonance every time i hear this argument is staggering.

1 Like

You say it well enough. I just ignore most of the phobic comments on here. It’s pretty obvious who they are on this thread. Im just glad they keep bumping so Blizzard can see my feedback while their phobic comments get buried. Positivity always wins in the end :blush:

2 Likes

Once again I’m telling you to stop posting on behalf of LGBT+ players. We do not need cisgender heterosexual people like you speaking for us. We can speak for ourselves.

3 Likes

More like we’re sick and tired of you’ll making threads and speaking for the entire community when we already have our own megathread that we fought for so that we have a safe space on the forum and achieve a happy middle ground for everyone.

But you’ve already proven yourself to be intolerant and purposefully baiting people so I don’t think I need to go much further into calling you out.

4 Likes

Straight people isn’t a dirty word.

Though i guess that pretty much tells us how little you think of diversity. :thinking:

Their angry at the OP because OP is trying to speak for them. Nobody speaks anybody but themselves. And the LGBT people are quite capable of speaking themselves without people like Tulln.

…You know, there’s a reason why i mock the “Their full of self hate” line in my other comment, because it’s the silliest thing i’ve ever heard. And this right here is pretty much it. The insinuation that anybody who disagrees with you or your “Ally” must only be homophobic and hateful. Constantly making yourself or others, the moral arbiter of representation. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes