Pride month is coming soon. In-game ideas and suggestions

No, LGBT pride is more important than nerfing holy paladins but less important than nerfing holy priests

No please, let them do a parade. And make sure war mode is on. I can bring 2 raid groups worth of rogues to assist.

6 Likes

GO AWAY! This “must be WOKE or you are a bigot” crap has to go away.

2 Likes

Imagine we get a whole month for a new event that focus only some players that celebrate since some members among the LGBT community already mentioned that they don’t like this idea and just prefer some tabard or some tmogs, while the other holidays in game that have more mechanics and are better to involve an abroad player base doesn’t receive and update for years…

This just remind me of the Injustice 2 Issue " Injustice 2 Mobile Celebrates Pride By Having Players Beat Up A Queer Character" - Devs could fail like those that tried to do an event with good intentions for Injustice a fighting game but it was a bad idea, similar scenario last week with this King’s Diversity Space Tool, so many risk nowdays for this kind of involvement.

IMO, I want some solo challenges, scenarios, pvp brawls with some new effects…etc Blizzard should revamp holidays first then maybe add some side questlines with storylines lgbt inclusive but not a massive event, they already handle this very well, other games also do small things, there’s not games focus on this as mentioned by OP, I’d like to check those examples, since most games just add cosmetics that goes accord with their thematic.

2 Likes

Why should there be a pride month in Azeroth when homophobia doesnt exist there ??

5 Likes

Can i be proud to be white? I most likely doubt it.

1 Like

I like the idea in general, but personally I don’t think a whole month would be needed for the in game event. Most of the events in game run roughly a week.

I don’t know what kind of quests would work for it though. I think it would be difficult to come up with fun, Relevant quests that just weren’t insulting.

1 Like

OK, here’s what you do for WoW pride day. Nothing, because it’s all dumb.

1 Like

Rather then empty virtue signaling it would be better to have a charity donation for players to give that would give a rainbow mount, pet and or toy like the sloth pet donation evwnt.

The proceeds could go to LGBTQ+ education or suicide prevention or assisstance to teens and those homeless.
So long as all the proceeds go to the cause and to aid in communities.

So much more can be done and in far more meaningful ways with the power blizz has rather then putting in a stupid micro holiday that gets old after the first or second time doing it.
Also from what i understand being gay is seen as regular and normal so in wow a pride month about your sexuality would be about as pointless as a straight pride one.

Gay people are not oppressed in wow so it would not make sense. Now make it a faction pride month then maybe that would be a better subtle way to do it.

1 Like

At least in Second Life you can have a house and more customization options.

1 Like

And get all the parts and peices to make a very close to design fursona lol. God i havent played that game in ages. ^^

My roommates play. I like to make stuff. They recently bought a whole region so I have my own massive sky platform to build on. I’m going to spend all summer building on it and modeling things in blender.

okay where are all the gay couples in WoW then? Aside from Anduin and Wrathion there’s only Thiernax and Qadarin who aren’t even in Azeroth because they’re in the Shadowlands (probably because they were killed by homophobes). There are tons of openly str8 couples like Mankrik and his wife or Thrall and Aggra!

1 Like

30 days doesn’t seem to align with the concept of ‘micro’.

1 Like

Didn’t we just have pride month like a month ago? And a few months before that?

If that’s a good start, then what’s the end goal? Serious question, what is the end goal here?

Every month is pride month in OP’s world.

1 Like

I kind of feel bad for people like OP, who uproot their entire lives based on a fad.

Once again you managed to hook a lot of fish.

Congrats :boom: !

I think we should keep both LGB preferences and gender, trans etc related matters out of a game that minors can play.

All across the web there are countless other forums for adults to access adult related material if they wish or feel the need to do so

this is a game which minors have access to
I believe there is no need for matters relating to sex sexual attraction / orientation or gender to be mentioned in either Game Play or Lore.

and frankly I suspect the motives of people that would want these subjects to be raised in what is essentially, or if you prefer in part, a game that is played by children and young people