PrePatch Tuesday 29 Sep 2020

Simmer down, kiddo.

That’s what I’m expecting, but I’m remaining open to anything.

With the Khadgar train wreck, it’s definitely not happening this Tuesday.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the main concern. Lots of potential issues with this merge, if it goes like the last.

I’m very calm in explaining logic and facts to you. Obviously, since you’ve gone all “insults” mode, it seems you’re the one that’s agitated at the simple fact that there is no patch this coming Tuesday.

Blizzard has announced maintenance now, and it’s 1 hour long.

Ah yes, I’m the one agitated. Lmao. Calm yourself down a bit. I don’t have much bother to babysit right now.

Khadgar is also on the list to finish up Tuesday. I’m glad the connection of my realm with the others went as smooth as it did and there was those who experienced some trouble. Nothing like Khadgar though.

They did give people the options prior to install the pre patch content for smoother patching. So maybe it pre loaded already if you downloaded that and it is simplified in delivery now (just being optimistic lol).

Yes, you are. You’re the one who brought up desperation first, I merely used your turn of the phrase :

It’s like you can’t just simply admit you hadn’t seen the maintenance notice and that now that you know, it’s quite clear there is no patch.

That’s not really hard to admit.

That’s my hope. But it remains to be seen. Also it was… 2 weeks ago that we got that patch, so we’ll see.

Wishful thinking, sry, I too wish it would be earlier than later, cus I just can’t get myself to log in anymore… but I dont think it will happen this Tuesday… sucks…

1 Like

They always let you pre-download the patch, that’s not new at all.

But your local game is not what “patching” entails, that’s the easy part. It’s the server side patching and database schema upgrade that requires time.

Are you guys so new to the game you don’t know about patch pre-downloads ? They’ve been a thing for a decade now.

As others mentioned, realm connections happening so that was a somewhat dead giveaway that the 29th is NOT pre-patch but I noticed now 5 minutes ago they now show 1 hour maintenance for the 29th so if the realm connections and lack of other notices given, this 1 hour maintenance is a 100% guarantee it is NOT happening on the 29th!

No,I shouldn’t have to suffer with issues of lag,glitches or new rules of next expansion till new expansion release date. I mean some people went for that con of corruption gear paying probably 3-4 million gold to get a op proc and not have to the end of expansion would be shameful.

Doubt it, at this point I would not be shocked if they end up failing to get the prepatch out and just go straight to a rushed release.

1 Like

Don’t think they could do that. Would only incite a lot of people to retract their preorders if they can’t even fit in a prepatch.

Not to mention the entire expansion of BFA felt like all we did was level questing thanks to necklace.

OP, name one pre-patch that was going on at the same time as an in-game holiday?

I don’t think holidays will matter that much ever. Worst-case scenario, they have to disable then enable it again when they put up a patch. It’s not a complex system.

Prepatch isnt gonna happen on the 29th. Too many things going on in WoW for that to be prepatch day. And the last nail to drive that home is server merges on the 29th. No way are they gonna do pre-patch on a server merge day, with the same servers that already had problems very recently.

More likely october 6th will be pre-patch, maybe october 13th making it the smallest pre-patch. Or my guess (or what I hope for) it will be delayed all together, because there are so many things not even finished in beta and I doubt they want pre-patch to drag on. Survival hunters zero changes, monk not a single blue post and so much of the monk class is broken…content just broken and not even there. No way can it be released in the state it is, and with so many classes broken with no feedback at all from the devs, if it does it will be the most broken expansion launch in history of WoW.