Prepatch Pushed Back

It was never going to be this Tuesday. There was no way they were doing a 4 day “Heads up” to the PVPers.

It was always going to be the 6th. It might even be pushed out to the 13th if there’s too much work to be done still.

2 Likes

I mean, it was 8 days, plenty of time

They got the announcement last monday, would’ve been 8.

Nah, they were planning the 6th. The rep event goes through the end of September, they made their PVP announcement on Monday, and Brewfest will be over.

This is what I was looking forward to, as well. If people want to speed level, give them the tools to do so (put XP gains back on heirlooms and un-nerf the old XP potions for the speed levelers). I want to go enjoy the nostalgia of old expansions, which is how they sold the feature when it was announced at Blizzcon.

1 Like

Oh, nice. I don’t mind the prepatch being postponed, as long as we get actual rewards for the event. Currently, if you don’t need the transmog and you don’t need the ilvl, you don’t need to do the event… :man_shrugging:

It’s not like they’re changing it

Shadowlands in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPN0qhSyWy8

Eh its been the community pushing for the patch to release next week. Maybe this is blizzards way of saying, yeah you’ll be wrong. lol.

WoW in a nutshell

4 Likes

all i know is 1 day closer to SL launch which is what truly matters for me. only thing im interested in pre patch really is the cinematics and build up into SL since i don’t read the books.

I don’t know if you mean MrGM, but he said Legion was perfect one to lvl through. He did all the zones and he reached lvl 50 after finishing the last Legion quest

Blizz never announced the 6th either, people are speculating. I would love to see it drop on Tuesday, even though it is unlikely.

Knowledge is power.

There was no release date for it, so how was it pushed back?

1 Like

How can something without a release date get pushed back?

1 Like

It’s bizarre how Blizzard is being completely silent about the prepatch. I don’t recall ever seeing a situation where a PTR release candidate was reverted back into a test candidate, which concerns me a bit.

We don’t even have a solid idea of when the prepatch will actually hit, now. It’s most likely not the 29th, but if we’re back to the PTR being a test candidate that means that the 6th is possibly out as well. This is going to be an incredibly short prepatch, which is very odd.

3 Likes

I feel it should be 0% chance for prepatch this Tuesday, the 29th, but given that it’s blizurd and the year of covid I’ll still give it a token 1%. I’m still learning toward the 6, and giving that a 75% chance. Blizurd, by not communicating about this, has now opened the door for a 13th release, which I’m giving a 24% chance. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Edit: I think, given that it is blizurd and the year of covid, I should also leave a 1% chance of the release being LATER than the 13th. :-/. We’ll say 1% chance of that calamity and lower the chance of a 6th release to 74%. :-p

LOL What is this game…at least I’ll have another week or two (?) of farming. All I want from the prepatch is to level a new class to 50 and mess with the barbershop on all my characters. I guess it’s no biggie. It would’ve been so much nicer if they gave a prepatch date and then tweet out that they had to push it back. I think most people would’ve been fine with that and we wouldn’t have gotten so many speculation threads.

No the 28 days is , that’s what I meant by that’s still 4 weeks