Prepatch Pushed Back

According to wowhead the current ptr client went from “Release” to “Testing” more then likely meaning the prepatch is being pushed back from this tues to oct 6th at the earliest.

4 Likes

Good thing by the time it gets here shadowlands will be here as well!

17 Likes

Was never this Tuesday, blasphemer

9 Likes

Pretty soon it’s going to be post patch

24 Likes

It has not been pushed back, because it was never announced for release this Tuesday the 29th. People just made that up. Most serious people who have looked at the data and read the tea leaves have been saying the 6th or later for over a week now.

29 Likes

Most likely it was. Everything was lining up to be next Tuesday, especially considering AWC Finals is tomorrow. There’s no reason to have the pvp season extend after that.

Like I mentioned in another thread, the most likely culprit is the Khadgar Server Fiasco that has yet to be resolved.

Now obviously we could all be very well Heroic Leaping into conclusions, because we are desperate for content and Blizzard is so good at ZERO communication with their players, but that is my informed guess.

33 Likes

Hopefully they fix this nonsense about Chromie Time.

6 Likes

This could be a big one since they’re still working on it but, why would this change the ptr from release to test candidate?

Now everyone is going to blame Khadgar for pre-patch being later. Just like everyone blames that one kid who gets recess cancelled.

Way to go Khadgar!

11 Likes

No idea, honestly. What I read on WoWhead says the new build really didn’t push any significant changes, so perhaps it’s all background work. If only there was a Blue that could inform us consistently…

10 Likes

Lol.

Imagine having your 120 rolled back to a level 86 snapshot with cataclysm gear due to mergers then 1 week later they squish you down to level 35 with the pre patch.

Wouldn’t that be fun.

16 Likes

It’s been clear it’ll be the 6th for a little while now. So no delays. What the name change means is we don’t know what it means. It’s too vague, we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. So we can’t draw any conclusions from it.

Still have a week and half till the 6th though, let’s just see what happens!

1 Like

when the nerfed pre-patch ?

1 Like

So. Much. This. I have questions about what I heard tonight about Chromie Time. It’s like, why even bother if it goes live that way.

11 Likes

My cousins parakeet was once owned by someone who interned at Blizzard one summer. I’ll answer any questions you forum goers have!

13 Likes

From the way people react to the BLUES; I wouldn’t wanna come here either. Lol

1 Like

I hate to say these hyporbole things: BUT,

in my 12/13+ years of playing the game I have never seen them behave this ostrich, about player feedback. Like, we’ve had bad moments, hell I remember the days in Wrath where we had 24/48 hours of server maintenance the day of new patch dropping and things like that.

But I have NEVER seen this level of ignoring, and silence and no communication whatsoever. There hasn’t even been a Q&A (however terrible they were) in over a year.

21 Likes

Good thing j was thinking of another playthrough of ff7 remake

What happened to Chromie?

3 Likes

“The game is going to be great…period! Why do I have to remind you?” - Blizzard Communication Team Motto

8 Likes