Premades, Should not be in Randoms

tldr: if you and your friends are not bad then you need to touch grass but if you and your friends are bad then it’s ok

5 man groups can only queue into other 5 man groups it’s been this way since at least BFA.

There is nothing wrong with chilling in bgs with a couple of friends especially since the gear gap is pretty much eliminated

2 Likes

Incorrect. I hear you, but this is just not how it works.

2 Likes

been an issue since the queing system came into play over 10 years ago, its been an on going complaint longer then some people have probably played this game, dont expect it to change, blizzard doesnt care about pvp the only thing they have ever cared about is Arena and the competitive scene, that is the only thing that ever changes in PVP these days is anything to please the MDI… the MMORPG part of PVP has been dead for years and years.

2 Likes

While I have to agree with this, as there is truth through years of evidence in it.
With Gearing disparity out of the way, the next lowest hanging fruit in the complaint department would have to be the matchmaking. This is universally brought up on all forums.
If they adhere to this new motto “we listen” there is a not a better place to get it underway than right here.
Thousands of posts to work with. :thinking:

6 Likes

The queue system is tweakable if everyone is close in gear. For the most part and aside from full ones, premades aren’t as big of a deal once gear is equalized.

1 Like

Not everyone that has friends wants to do ranked lul

That goes against everything this game stands for.

No, people just want to chill and do fun regular BGs with friends.

Since the beginning of the game and BGs were created Premades existed. Everyone always wanted to get together to PvP against other players. Asking for this to change after decades continues to be silly. Just stop.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: This is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. If you can’t make friends to play with, why are you here?

1 Like

Yeah, see, I can already tell that you don’t know what you’re talking about since it definitely has not been that way since BFA considering my Evoker friend and I have qued against 5 man groups in EoTS and Deepwind Gorge plenty of times between BFA and DF.

lol that’s not what I said at all but alright, please continue to amaze with these S-Tier reading skills of yours.

In case you choose to go back and reread what I said: What I was implying with my original message is that if someone is queing with their friends and curb stomping the enemy team, they should touch grass because even in a Random BG, the Randoms will sometimes work together and still win but if you’re with your friends and you’re just destroying them, you should either take a chill pill or go play Rated cause that takes cordination & effort to pull off an organized group.

If anyone is truly “just queing with their friends to play.” then they’re not going to have an organized effort, they’re gonna play the BG to, in theory, have fun. And before anyone gives me the whole “Winning is fun schtick” argument, yeah, I know, and I agree with it but I don’t que 5 man premades to get my dopamine flowing.

1 Like

yeah and im sure you and your evoker friend interviewed every other player in your 15 man bg and asked them if they were in a group.

The battleground queue systems will prioritize pairing 5 mans with eachother however, if none are available then it will pair with a premade of any size (2 man, 3 man,4)

Yeah you dont need to have an organized effort or a 5 stack group to consistently stomp random bgs. Litterally just 3 players that are really good at doing alot of damage and healing will stomp most bgs

idk my reading skill seems just fine but your writing skills and overall cognitive awareness is that of small child

I like how in chromie time she asks me if I want to hop into other expansions dungeon queue.

I wish my warmaster would ask me before throwing me into the group queue pool.

2 Likes

The second part was directed at the other people in the thread above you saying to go play rated

Because myself and the friends i play with are always going to gravitate towards that mmr and above in rated bgs. We have to throw games intentionally or join very low groups to play in casual range, so that’s why it’s ridiculous that people are saying to do rated when people do unrated with friends because it’s more fun. Players queue unrated with friends because its casual and no one gets upset when you’re drunk and run off a cliff by accident. Rated bgs are not fun, especially with how dead they are participation wise and how awful the meta comps are. Like just wanting to cap some vaults with guildies on their alts with no comp, insta queue 2k mmr into sweaty 3x dh while we don’t even have a tank on fc map so the lfg pug rages and alt f4s :joy:

Sorry if you felt attacked, it wasn’t directed at you and is mainly just general thoughts regarding how nonsensical the “play rated if you have more than 1 friend” suggestion is. Their whole argument is based on the paranoid and hypocritical assumption that nobody does battlegrounds because they enjoy player vs player combat in a casual, stress-free objective environment where friendships aren’t endangered by personal skill and non-meta spec maining, they only do battlegrounds to stomp :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

premades just need to wait longer for other premades instead of being shortcut against a pug at a certain q time

just make the wait a little longer

or allow same faction bg’s to even out the matchmaking and speed up q times overall

2 Likes

Pretty sure when the #s and vault are removed from this quote, it is exactly the same feeling as players feel queueing into a well put together premade team. :dracthyr_shrug:
Which has answered some questions without directly asking them.

2 Likes

Oh, not in my group. I’d be EXTREMELY upset if you did this and i wasn’t able to get to your corpse to tbag it. The other stuff fine tho

I like rbgs, i still play them. But it’s hard to take people seriously when they think if you premade you should go rbg, i don’t think they actually put any thought into that. Like a child who’s told they can’t have something so they start yelling the first thing that pops into their head to get their way, regardless of any logic

5 Likes

Funny you say this.
This matchmaking adjustment will have to be handled like children’s toys being taken away. Which has to be done in increments in order to curb the lashing out.
Looking at the socially inept comments/lashing out these threads have brought out in players, it’s bang on correct.

Countless videos of adult video gamers acting like this.
PVP seems to trigger it even more. Wild stuff!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that most of the “pro premades” are folks that get wrecked in rated, so they want to go after the easy honor and farm fresh 70s.

Am I wrong?

4 Likes

Some of them probably are, but a good number of people doing 2-5 man groups have seen success in rated PvP.

Epic BG premaders that queue sync are another story though.

5 Likes

Thing is this an MMO and I personally have been on both ends. Last night went against Sargeras/ED pre-made after pre-made. I made it a game within the game, a lot of times you have to take the loss and create your own game. For example, I go stealth on my hunter and look for stragglers to kill.

For me though it isn’t pre-mades that are the problem it is bad players who have no clue on objectives or how to play their class.

Why do you have to be so insulting? I have gone against Bob and his pre-mades, it usually 3-4 max players. Sorry, but if you get destroyed in an AB or EOTS against a 5 man pre-made then maybe your team is just bad. I stated earlier that it isn’t pre-mades that are the problem but players that are just bad at the game.