Premades, Should not be in Randoms

Premade is not random. Joining a random Battleground " RANDOM " should be random players working together not premade groups, using outside voice to communicate better to dominate the RANDOM battleground.

Blizzard should remove anyone who queues 4 or more players from entering RANDOM.

It’s BS and everyone knows when your just being farmed by a premade group.

92 Likes

2-5 man squads are fine and generally matched versus each other.

It’s the full premade epic battleground shenanigans that ruins the casual experience.

27 Likes

2 man, yes

5 man, no

you wanna run 5 man premades, go play rated unless you’re scared to play against teams on equal footing (comms, gear, comp etc)

46 Likes

There’s no ranked 5s mode.

Also premades are generally matched into each other.

1 Like

I will just put this out there, quote is from Blizzard in regards to oQueue.
An interesting, thoughtful approach to it too imo.
Not sure where we could find the original, please link if possible.

I’ll try to break it down as clearly as I can:

Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. That is not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue. Playing with friends is fun and important, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of the spirit of the game nor the fun of others.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it’s not a perfect system, and we’re still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it’s not meant for organized groups to “pug stomp” and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize–if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it’s been a long time since you’ve been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they’re up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

Addons aren’t really a viable solution for botting issues, but we do take those issues seriously and we’ll continue our work on improvements to the Battleground system, including better ways to deal with botting and other exploitative gameplay.

16 Likes

Friendless Propaganda

6 Likes

regular BG’s should only be solo queable.
If you want to premade, do rated. End of story.

37 Likes

I’ve had a good chunk of my BGs where if I que with even one other person, suddenly I’m against a 5 stack. Make that make sense: A 2 man premade equals a 5 man premade in a 10 or 15 man BG how?
That’s right, it doesn’t.
Premades in BGs beyond 3 players shouldn’t be allowed, period. And if they are to be allowed, then a 5 man premade should go against a 5 man premade, even if that means long que times.
People wanna curb stomp BGs with their friends? That’s fine, but no one should que into a random BG and either suffer a 15 minute deserter or get beaten down for 10 to 20 minutes depending on if the premade decides to graveyard camp.

8 Likes

I’m not sure, actually. Like, if a 2 man is treated as the same as a 5 man. Just that there’s basically always some discernable premade on the other team, even if they’re much less adept, geared, etc.

The thing is that we’d queue into other 5 stacks and crush them so hard that they never left the GY and it was like they didn’t have a premade.

Now is this a good use of a programmer’s talent? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No, I like playing with friends and guildmates.

4 Likes

Cool, Rated BGs sound ideal for you

28 Likes

I think randoms sound pretty ideal too!

6 Likes

Yet another post who thinks “random” battlegrounds has anything to do with premades.

It refers to a random map, it has nothing to do with group composition.

Premades belong in bgs. It’s a big part of the game. If you don’t like it, that sucks. I’m also not going to wait an hour for a guardian so i can bg with friends LOL

good thing some of you don’t make the decisions around here

6 Likes

Geared premades who go into bgs to kill noobs are unfortunately part of the game. Good players don’t do that.

7 Likes

rated bgs require me to invite 5 people i dont care about to make 10 and to spend 3 hours organizing 10 people to be on at the same time including a tank because, you know, a lot of people who play wow have different work hours and shifts

so no. rated sucks and arent fun with randoms screeching about their posterior hair being itchy. random bgs are for logging on, opening friends list, seeing 2 people on, inviting them, queueing up, then an hour later friend and his gf request to join, then one friend leaves, then another joins, all without interrupting the queue and needing idiots from lfg :ok_hand:

7 Likes

With the worldwide traction these threads have acquired it would be silly of them not to take a look into what’s happening.
Hopefully the recent EU example was an eye opener for some here on how it can go too far if allowed/enabled.
The largest Threads on the Battleground forums, nationwide should count for something.

5 Likes

random BGs are for logging on and queuing into without all the extra mental gymnastics crap you need to do to justify organising a group in order to have an advantage

sorry

8 Likes

Yeah, gonna be honest with you chief, if you’re spending hours PVPing in Random BGs with “friends” to the point where you’re just curb stomping the enemy team most BGs, you should probably touch grass.
if you’re not curb stomping the enemy team and still queing with friends, that’s great.
Mind you, I say this as someone who will que with one of my friends who plays an Evoker, do we beat everyone? Nah, but we have fun with it.
We’re also not queing 3 to 5 premades either though.

2 Likes

You clearly don’t PVP if you think group composition doesn’t matter even in a random BG.

4 Likes