Premades need to be stopped

I said solo/party queues. Solo and party would still be lumped up together, which is the majority of PvPers, your typical solo player or typical friend group wanting to do BGs.

Not many people would queue in a raid group because that means fighting other premade groups. The only players wanting to raid queue would be the epic BG communities sync queueing.

so exactly what we have now…?

Yes. They hate losing. They hate it even more when takes longer than 10 minutes.
To be fair, no one likes losing.

I could agree with this, but we all know the truth about why pre-made are formed. Easy wins and farming vs. disadvantaged groups.

1 Like

Just when you think the excuses for premades couldn’t get any worse. They are now the majority keeping the bg scene alive. We’re all at their mercy. We now should thank them for farming hk’s against us.

The whole point of pug bg’s was for solo queing. Blizzard even stated it when they said anything more than 5 is bad for pug bg’s. Why? Because pug bg’s is a solo que aspect of the game.

3 Likes

…yeah, did you not read what I said? I said the difference would be that the premade sync communities can queue in raid groups instead of syncing in multiple 5 man parties.

The only stipulation being, if you’re queueing in a raid group, you’re put into your own separate queue with those also queueing in raid groups.

And if you also missed this next part, read carefully now, solo/party queues would be given THE OPTION to be placed in raid group queue matches. That means, if they have that checkbox option enabled, if they’re waiting in queue for a normal solo/party battleground, it’s possible that they get a queue pop and it’s for a raid queue battleground (a battleground with premades)

1 Like

Premades and sync queues are an extreme minority of people playing BGs. The majority of games in epics and small BGs have no premade on either side. The only people that believe premades are the majority are people that play nothing but premades.

2 Likes

Hold up, you guys are against q’ing for random bgs with 4 of your homies? That’s wack.

I see some of you suggesting to just go play rated. What about the people who are literally just q’ing for fun and not taking it rated serious?

Go make friends. It’s fun.

1 Like

but they won’t? It just wargames minus a few steps. Now I see that your solution doesn’t stop party syncers at all. Still agree with the cross faction idea but this one ain’t it.

Need more premades, allow up to 40 to queue together @Blizzard. Then match them vs anyone queue. Because countdown queues have been a thing since the start. We need more premades in epics!

Well most pug bgs I queue into are people trolling bg chat and stomps anyway so there really isn’t any difference.

1 Like

You really don’t think that Blizzard, if they announced a change like this, wouldn’t also step out to say syncing queues is no longer allowed? I could see the following if these changes were implemented:

"We’ve implemented a way for PvP communities to queue for BGs in a raid group. The following is how it works:

• can now queue for epic BGs in a raid group of up to 40 people. This queue will be separate from those queueing solo / party and will only fight other raid groups queueing. Additionally, to help solve backfill issues, were giving the option to solo / party queue players to serve as backfill for raid group queues if they want to. This will not put that player with the option toggled in a separate queue, they will be in both queues.

We made this change in regards to communities syncing queues, so with this, anyone syncing queues can face punishment "

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is already blizzards stance. How are they going to prove people are synching queues? You don’t need an addon to sync your groups queue. All you need is voice. Cross faction is the only solution that will be somewhat viable at disrupting synch queuing.

Imagine a group like ruin having 10 people queue into horde side and 30 people alliance and so the 10 on horde just drop out of the BG Lmao

What I’m referring to is officially putting it on their battle.net page. For instance, if you look up “wow PvP harassment” you’ll get this following page:

Pretty much outlines what is or isn’t allowed. Camping is allowed for example, but that wouldn’t be readily apparent if it wasn’t on their official battle.net page.

They could add syncing queues ( through third party and even not through third party ) isn’t allowed. Also, it’s pretty easy from a developer stance to detect who are syncing queues and who aren’t. There’s systems in place and investigations they can use to determine this pretty easily. For example, they could look at logs to see which specific groups are constantly declining a queue and accepting specific queues. It’s not hard.

And yeah, cross faction queues would be on top of this change, so either way, itd be even harder to sync.

They tried cross-faction queing in BC classic and it made the faction imbalance even worse. They had to do this because horde were crying about long ques. Which is something you expect when a large majority of the players jump to one faction.

Adding new problems in effort to solve another problem, while they already have rules against the original problem, is not the solution. Enforce the already existing rules.

This is World of Warcraft. Faction divide exists and it should remain. The moment they start making changes that remove that aspect out of battlegrounds, then we’re just playing world of quecraft.

What sense does it make for horde and alliance to be on the same side fighting for AB? Horde capping their own flags? Horde fighting against their commander in AV?

it doesn’t really matter bro

In a watered down version of the game. Something that has been going on for a decade and has not been an improvement.

So this solution is to crap on the foundation of this game, throw out the logic behind the bg’s, so we can just let premade bg’ers keep doing their thing?

Enforce the existing rules.

truly new players under honor level 30 are supposed to be in a separate bracket at level 70. if they group up with someone who is over hl 30 their little group is placed into the general population.

1 Like

I’m sorry there is just no way any punishment pertaining to “synching your groups queue” will ever happen. That’s a hill I’m willing to die on. It’s not really a player problem anyways, blizzard should have a better match making system.

1 Like

Are you kidding? Blizzard suspends and bans players just for calling others bad now a days. You tell one person that they are a subpar player by any means, even if you’re not trying to be disrespectful, and you get the suspension hammer.

This didn’t become a thing until the whole, “social contract” crap. In the past it was just silence/mute. Seems like they don’t even silence/mute players anymore, they just jump straight to suspension for chat aggressions.

I don’t think sync queues should be punishable at the moment because I can understand the argument from both ends. Pugs don’t want to fight premades because it’s just unfair, premade syncs just want to play with friends but they don’t have an outlet to do so without having to resort to sync queues.

That’s why if they just allow them to do so without causing trouble to pugs, it’d be a good solution.

1 Like

Two totally different scenarios. It’s impossible to have 100% proof that two or more groups syched there queues, its an unpunishable offense because communication for a synch queue normally takes place on third party communication apps/websites. Yes, you can look at the times but who’s to say they just didn’t press the queue button at the same time. Also, Blizzard’s matchmaking system matched the synch queuers together for a reason… so who’s at fault, the player or blizzard?

1 Like

I think you’re heavily underestimating what tools are available to developers…

Like, obviously if someone gets synced together in a match once or twice it’s not a big deal and wouldn’t raise any suspicion flags.

What raises suspicion flags is when you have these multiple groups, queueing at the same time (which you’re right, isn’t uncommon, happens plenty I’m sure), but then also all dropping a queue once they realize they all didn’t get the same pop.

It becomes very apparent who is purposely doing it through logs.

“Huh, wow, these 4 groups queued at the same time and then they all dropped the queue at the same time when queue #4 popped. Then they proceeded to queue again all at the same time, rinse and repeat, until they got the same BG!”

At the moment, it’s Blizzards fault because they don’t provide a proper outlet to allow communities to play in large groups with friends without having to sync queues.

Their matchmaking system can only do so much when you can only queue in groups of 5.