Premades need to be stopped

The rules were already stated before. No more than 5. The end. You want it changed to allow you to cheese the system apparently.

7 Likes

Oh my mistake I misunderstood you then.

I agree the people quing with 40 man stacks are degenerate. That I have never done nor advocate for.

All I argue is that a 2-5 man group should be able to que together. It is meant to be a multiplayer social game at the end of the day.

1 Like

I believe we agree. I am only arguing for 2-5 man groups. Anything more is no-bueno.

2 Likes

Alright then. I agree with you there. And I think most of us agree 5 mans are fine. It’s arguable in bg’s like wsg but the real issues are the raids getting in.

1 Like

And you quoted me becuase…?

Because you said “These people” not really sure how you’re even able to lump anyone together in this mess.

Fairly easy. There’s the people who are whining because they think a multiplayer game shouldn’t have friends playing together (probably can’t make friends of their own) and there’s the people who like playing with friends. Pretty simple.

Ah ok. So which one are you again?

I obviously like playing with friends

It’s because it’s exactly that: a premade.

It’s a premade vs a pug. Theres no way you can say that it’s fair for a premade to fight against the pug because the advantages premades have are:

• specific class/spec that you want in a BG
  • can select how many healers or tanks you would want
  • organized, sometimes some are even in voice comms

There’s more but I shouldn’t need to point out the obvious. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how a premade vs pug is unfair.

Difference is, the game actively tries to pair a 5 man in a 10 player match against someone else also queueing in a similar party in a 10 man.

The game can’t differentiate this in a 40 man BG because you’re not actually queueing with 20 players – you’re queueing separately, with four 5 man parties trying to sync into the same game. The game has no way to tell that these four parties are at all related, and just thinks you’re a regular party of 5 queueing.

Point being, it doesn’t know who the sync queue players are. It won’t try to pair you up against other enemies doing that because it can’t look for that to begin with.

2 Likes

and what is your solution to this?

I understand your theory with the matchmaking. It’s almost like two teams of 3 can be matched into one team of 2 if queued (10 player match) separately/together of course.

There’s several. One things for sure, cross faction queueing would remedy this but would also bring about much other positive changes. Premades try to sync in with cross faction queueing enabled and suddenly, half the premade (or more/less) are in the enemy team. Congrats, you played yourself. Besides that though, queue times become way faster for everyone, and it might be hard to know which queue popped at the same time if queues are just popping left and right.

Let’s add something else on top of cross faction queueing though:
Allow players to queue for epic BGs in a raid group. The only stipulation being, the game will separate their queues. It will only pair you up against other people queueing in a raid group. If you’re worried about specific backfills (such as you queueing in a 34 man group and you needed 6 more for an AV or something) give solo queue / standard party queue players the option (through a checkbox) to serve as backfill for raid group queues.

2 Likes

They could also add a hidden MMR.

Premade raiders would rise to the top because they win a lot. Then, they’d play against each other instead of pugs.

3 Likes

Idk anyone who actively tries to do these things, but sure ill give you that.

RUIN did it often. What lol

1 Like

Premade raids probably don’t need to actively tell their members what to play.

Players will see that their premade is low on healers, so they swap to their healer toons.

Players will see that their premade is low on ranged dps, so they swap to their ranged dps toons.

1 Like

I agree with the above but separation of queues (premades and solo) is a horrible idea imo. They should just add a wargame function so communities can challenge each other.

Only thing i know about RUIN is that theyve been pretty weak this and last xpac.

It depends how you look at it. You have players who advocate for wanting to play with communities and are in support of premades for this reason. You have people in this very thread saying they have hundreds of online members in their communities who queue. If it’s organized, community PvP you want (and since they’re never going to add rated epic BGs) then it shouldn’t be a problem to separate the queues. It’s still random matchmaking at the end of the day but it also ensures that a large organized community doesn’t stomp a pug group.

This is already a thing through normal wargames. Problem is, no one actually wants to challenge each other. You also need the exact amount of players to wargame. There’s also the problem that you don’t receive any honor in wargames because it’s an organized event.